Outbreak: Last Hope - OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Outbreak: Last Hope - OOC

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Let me rephrase. We've already had access to the armory. Granted my character uses his father's Beretta, but it's a good gun to him, and he doesn't feel that he needs another gun. The point is, in Quinny's case, an unarmed character is a bad idea. Granted, I don't know how she'll start, so if you would prefer I'll drop it. I was merely stating my opinion.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Asmodai wrote:So we've got two Andrea's now? I'm sure thats not going to be confusing in the slightest

...So that's why that particular name jumped to mind...

I'll, um, rename her now.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 pm

So...four survivors so far. We gonna start up the IC at a set date, or after we get enough survivors?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:32 pm

I'd like to have 5-6 survivors. So maybe a few more days, if not we'll go with what we have.

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Well, here's an idea. We could have anyone that joins late be a survivor that hadn't been taken in by the military. Maybe... someone holding up in a house somewhere? We can't say late people were with the original group, it wouldn't work (at least I don't think it work).

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Hmm, I might try to do up a CS
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Name: Beatrice Fairchild

appearance/weight: She's about average height for a Caucasian woman, with brown hair, brown eyes, and a slim runner's build. Her skin is pale, with a slight ruddy tone that becomes more prevalent with exertion. At the airshow, she was wearing a pair of gray-green cargo pants with a simple white tank top. She has a black leather thong necklace with a dog tag-shaped pendant with the marine eagle-and-orb that reads "My brother is a Marine."

Beatrice

personality: Quiet. Observant. Beatrice isn't much of a talker, but when she does, she chooses her words carefully. She has an almost sullen look to her gaze that makes one feel as though she's quietly judging them, although whenever it's pointed out, Bea claims that couldn't be further from the truth. When the need for it arises, she's good at delegating tasks to those best suited to them, and keeping others on task and motivated (thus her success at her occupation!). She's very big on understanding situations and choosing her battles appropriately. More than once she's said "this isn't the hill I want to die on," when asked why she didn't push a point others thought important.

former employment: Project Management

hobbies: Knitting; Reading; Running

history: Bea grew up the youngest of two motherless children, a little sister to an over-protective older brother. Despite her withdrawn nature during school, few people ever picked on her after the first couple of retaliations by her big brother. As such, she led a relatively peaceful young life. Shortly after college, her brother enlisted in the Marines. He graduated Boot Camp with awards under his belt, his platoon taking four out of the six trophies available, including final drill. In the interest of spending more time with him, whenever he returned home to visit, she would accompany him on his runs. It wasn't long before she was running when he was away, as well, honing her body so she wouldn't slow him down when they ran together. She began to appreciate it as a sport, and started to train for and compete in marathons.

She dithered about in college before finally getting a communications degree, and bounced from job to job for the first couple of years before settling in at a software company as a Project Manager, finding the organization to be her niche.

bravery: 7

Equipment: Half a ball of sock yarn, along with a pair of half-finished stockinette socks on a 60" size 0 Chiagoo Red Lace circular (stainless steel needles with a red-coated steel cord); ziploc of homemade trail mix

Special skill - (I will assign you all one skill, based on history, hobbies, former employment.)
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:44 pm

That's an impressive model, did you build that? What was the software?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Hana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 pm

I wish I'd modeled it. I used PoserPro2014 with V4, GND4 body morph, Dannika face morph and textures, these pants, this shirt, this hair, and the dog tag necklace from this set. The room is this model.

The lighting is mine, as well as the optimization of the textures. Lots of hand-painted morphs on the clothes, and I had a helluva time getting that necklace to fit this figure instead of the male figure it was created for.

I'm still very remedial at actual modeling (and rigging, etc), but I still like to diddle around with composition of pre-rigged models. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Still, impressive work, both the model and the way you've rigged it.

EDIT: While we're pre-IC, I added a sidearm holster to Bryan's equipment. Consider it just another item that he took from his father's footlocker.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Sorry for the huge Delay everyone, I am still ready to do this if you all are.
I will have the IC and all of your specific character skills ready for tomorrow! Hurraaay~

Postby Sigment » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Looking forward to it.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm curious to see what our skills will be :3
Mephobiac

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Andrea Clark: Kill-skill - 'The lure'. Sound attracts the creatures, but it can also be used against it. A dead end a grenade don't mix well with zombies. Survival skill - 'Early birds song'. Being brought up on a farm along with a life of music makes you a natural leader in keeping spirits high and distress low, thanks to soothing music and heartfelt words.

Bryan Dyson: Kill-Skill - "Duck and weave". Zombies are often slow, stupid, dedicated things of chaos. That knife you carry is not. Zombies wanna touch you, but a knife touches them first. Survival skill - 'Minute man'. Combat training, military background, training regimens. A battle? You are the battle.

Miles Umber: Kill-Skill - "Do or die". Uncooperative allies? Unrelenting allies? A way with words and skill with sight helps keep people moving and defenders safe from the hordes advancing. They can't kill if you kill them first. Survival skill - 'Iron sights' years of working as a photographer, and the love of all things nature, make you a perfect scout. Conditioned well for long hikes and tough climbes, your muscles match your eyes. The most mundane signs might aswell have a neon sign around them! Survival skill (bonus!) - "Lone Ranger" Antisocial tendencies make you an obvious pick for venturing ahead of the group. The only backup you're gonna get is you. Make it count.

Harley Sadler: Kill-Skill - "Catch me if you can!". Good accuracy and hand-eye coordination are more valuable now than ever. places people normally can't get to, or reach, already has you sitting near it. Survival skill - "Fit as a fiddle". Exercise and playing around make you an enjoyable fellow, capable of distracting others or creating creative traps. Just like playing a video game!

Beatrice Fairchild: Kill-Skill - "On my command". Leaders are in short supply, Leaders who aren't thick in the head are even rarer still! When a smart person talks, you listen. When a listener commands you hustle your ass! Survival skill - "Eye of the liar". Nobody can look you in the eye and give you a feeble half-truth. You'd know it faster than they do. Unnerving is your gaze, and unjudging is your smile. You may very well be what keeps these people alive, using the skills they have, to best management.

Some of these are kinda lame and don't make sense, I'm sure, but they will. Scenarios in the RP will require you to use your abilities to survive an otherwise hopeless moment. PM me if you want to know specifically what you do, from a GM point of view.

Postby BG07 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Ossum, I'm the scout =O

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 am

Awww yeah, I'm gonna sing you all lullabies... and lure in a horde in the process
Mephobiac

Postby Zelosse » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:09 am

One of the downsides to your character, but it is a benefit that cannot be denied. I wanna try giving you lots of chances to really get down to business. Get a vantage point, sing an angry song, and drop something that goes bang or fwoosh in the throng.

Postby Zelosse » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 am

IC is up! not my best work, I apologize. Kill the things and get the hell outta there. I'll explain 'prophet' and how he knew you were there later in the IC.

Postby Sigment » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:40 pm

My post is up. Everyone should probably lead up to a single point with their first posts. (i.e. the imminent distraction)

The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Right then. I've given Quinn enough time. We move on tonight, with prophet and his escape.

Postby Seirui » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:49 am

Right. Zels computer won't let him log into snafu. More delay tiiiiiime.

Postby Sigment » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Mine won't, either. Posting from my phone.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Forum is finally back and runnin' for me. I'll have a post up hopefully tonight. Working a 12h shift today, so if it doesn't happen please do not lose hope.

Postby Sigment » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:20 pm

I was wondering whether or not I wasted that timer. With this update, my question remains unanswered. Anyways, I'll have my post up soon.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 pm

For your ego, it did. Not many, maybe 2-3, they were nearest the loud noise.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing