Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Just One of Those Days)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:02 pm

I've been having some computer problem's lately so that's why I've been a bit inactive.
Things seem to be looking up now though.
... I think.

Diva Dynamite: First Attempt
--
"Oh say what I see by the dark's light at night,
a crime of pure evil is at hand in my sight.
With a punch and a kick I patriotically fight.
As the star spangled banner waves in the night.
For in my heart I will always be true.
Always and forever.
For the red white and blue.
I am Diva Dynamite, POW!"

I wonder if anyone out there even knows who this girl is.

Hint: Look at the first letters of Diva and Dynamite.

I'm not too crazy on this one. I tried to mix something that looks like cell shading with soft shading, but I think it doesn't look super great.
Maybe I should have stuck with that for the sky alone or at least not have soft shaded her hair.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm sure Dexter would be impressed, and happy that she's out of his la-bo-ra-tory. (There's my answer)
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 am

Congrats. I was not sure how obscure this actually was. Well done for having knowledge in the show.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Been a while since I stopped in, and I like what I see Mutt. Posing is tough, but you seem to have pulled it off quite well with the style you've got going.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:28 am

@ Brax4: Thanks.

New Drawing and a first time in a long time I've attempted something like this.

Daikaiju Hunter: Ruby
--

(Daikaiju = Giant Monster)

Ruby is named for her eyes.

So, look a giant monster. I was a super big Godzilla fan as a kid and I still am. I pretty much like giant monster films in general.
When I was a kid some of the first comics (badly drawn comics) I ever drew was these little comics of giant monsters fighting. Ruby was kind of my go to daikaiju. The set up was that Ruby is a giant monster that would hunt other giant monsters and that would lead to some fight scenes.

Ruby's Design:
I wanted to keep her design simple (yes Ruby is female) yet interesting. I wanted her to look lean, slender and quick on her feet and she has armor plating on her back that are also spikes. Ruby mostly travels on all fours, but she can stand straight up when ever she needs to (like in this picture) and like most other Kaijus, she can spend her fair share of time swimming around in the ocean. My three favorite Kaiju are the reptile like ones that also look like they come from the ocean and flying type kaiju. Ruby fits the first group.
When I drew Ruby as a kid she was basically a (badly) drawn big green monster with red eyes and spikes on her back. If I draw Ruby again I'll probably draw her moving around on four legs. Here she's rearing up on her back legs to check things out after defeating the other kaiju in battle. And as usually happens in these situations, the city is pretty messed up. As far as Kaiju go, Ruby isn't the biggest, but she makes up for it by being fast and agile and she always knows the perfect time and place to go for the finishing blow.

Also, this part of her backstory may be kind of weird, but back when Ruby was an egg, some kid found her and named her after she hatched. She grew up rather fast.
Bark

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I can't tell what exactly is down left of ruby's "paw". Is the red in that area just glare from the flames or blood from a wound... Either way, whatever that gray tint thing is next to her paw is greatly annoying me because I haven't got a clue what it is ( i do, just don't need to voice it).

Other than that, good stuff. I wonder if the kid that saw her hatched took her in as a pet (probably). Did she runaway? Fatal (accidental) incident with the kid that left her shunned by the community? (if she was accepted in the first place ( if not, probably would've initiated a tipping point for others to take action against her))
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:41 pm

To answer one of your questions Lingo the thing in Ruby's paw is a horn form the monster she just defeated. The other monster is bleeding from the head to make it look like she ripped it off of it and the blood is from the horn. Sorry that didn't come across that well.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

So~, this thing has a horn over each of its eyes? I see the blood, so with you haven't said that, that is what i am assuming here.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:45 am

So after having some computer problems for a few days where I couldn't get any work done and warming up on a drawing of a giant monster I finally got some comic pages done.
Due to my computer issues, it took more time to finish these.
Anyways, onward and forward, survive and endure.

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 10
-Man, the way that arm is bent might be a bit more brutal than intended, or maybe its just enough. Bubbles has been dealing with guys like this for years. She's gotten use to the local thugs calling her all kinds of vulgar things. They get on her nerves, but she still tries to tell them to back off before kicking their asses.
--
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:45 am

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 11
-Okay, I try to stay away from too much interior monologue, but just for this page I decided to use it a lot because I wanted to show what things are like in Rick's (Major Man's) head.
The tone I was going for was bitter and cynical. I didn't want him too come off as too dickish, but still angry.
--
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:22 pm

I love the line of "I'm gonna' kick this bitch's head off."

One question though, in that last page, where does his hair go?
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 am

That was a different guy. I guess I didn't make the transition clear enough. After Bubbles threw the other guy she punched out the third guy in the face. There's four total and now three of them have been dealt with.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:29 am

Okay. And how about their masks and gloves suddenly changing from gray and black (respectively) to brown?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:20 am

What are you talking about, their masks and gloves didn't change color.

Nah, I'm just kidding. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I guess something wired was going on with my brain or something, because I even checked the color of their outfits before making these pages, but for some reason I still put brown.

Thanks again for pointing that out so I could fix it. This is why most comic book people have editors. At least I have you guys.

I seriously don't know what was up with my mind when I did that?
Maybe if I bang it against the wall a few times my marbles will be in the right place again. Or would that make it worse. It probably make more sense to take a breath and try to clear my mind all zen like and stuff.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 am

PPG: Utonium Family and Ms. Keane Photo
--
A framed picture of the Utonium family and Ms. Keane.
We got Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup floating in frame and we got their dad who I decided to give a touch of gray to his hair, because I think by now he'd be either pushing fifty or is in his fifties. He was apparently in his mid forties in the series.
Ms. Keane is in the picture because her and the Professor made up after that stuff with the cat. I wasn't a fan of how that episode ended. They aren't married and they don't know for sure if they ever will, mainly because Ms. Keane is worried about getting too attached to the girls. If she would to marry the Professor (who I think his first name is actually Antonio or Andy for short) she'd pretty much be the mother of the PPG, three girls who put their lives on the line almost every day as crime fighters and she doesn't know if she'd be able to deal with the stress of worrying about them all the time.
The two of them are together because they do like each other and they're getting old, and lonely. Its not a very serious relationship at the moment.
The girls are thirteen in this picture as per the usual for one of my drawings. The Professor and Ms Keane are both around fifty by now I think. I think I did an okay job at making Utonium look his age, I did want him to also look like he's aged well despite being a single parent of three super powered girl. I was going to make Ms. Keane look older, but when I did she didn't look as warm and friendly as I wanted her to so I dialed it back some.
Anyways, what do you think?
Comment below and let me know.
--
Bark

Postby Exodis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:55 am

So... the girls are flying above the couple or...?

Anyway, great art photo you drew!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 am

Alt PPG: Puff Most Epic
--

I thought it would be fun to do a series of PPG drawings of how different artists have portrayed the PPG characters around Devaintart.

To start it off we got the girls from a little fanfiction by BeeAre.

The title of the fanfiction these versions of the girls are from is called "Puff Most Epic" and I'm sort of involved with and helping BeeAre and a small group of people who are trying to make this into a comic. My role in it isn't that big a deal and I mainly help out with... whatever I'm needed to do at the time.
I like to keep myself busy as some of you may have noticed.
Here's a group if you want to learn more: http://puff-most-epic.deviantart.com/
Here's a spoilerish free run down of these versions of the girls:
I think BeeAre once told me they're suppose to be 15 or 14 here. Blossom is almost powerless and has a robotic eye, Bubbles has Doc Ock like robot arms and psychic powers, and Buttercup is pretty much the same except she's riddled with battle scars, has messier hair, and a tan (although I think I should make Cuppo's skin a bit darker based off of BeeAre's description).
And people keep telling me my versions are strange because Blossom got a hair cut and they all wear pants.
Up next will be the versions of the PPG and RRB from DuckxDuck's and JKsketchy's Random Game.
--
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Neat, I can see you're trying to pose and use perspective a bit more. It looks really nice.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Alt PPG: The Random Game
--

--
Continuing with this little series of drawings we have what I consider to be one of the funnier portrayals of these characters.
The Random Game is a series created by DuckxDuck and JKsketchy.
Links to their DA pages: http://duckxduck.deviantart.com/ / http://jksketchy.deviantart.com/
Say hello to Blossom, Buttercup, Psycho Bubbles, Him-Brick, Aku-Butch and Ghost Boomer.
I always found the Random Game very funny, especially after they made each installment with more of a story to it. It a comedy series through and through and I think its rather charming and funny.

Here's a spoilerish free run down of these versions of the girls and the boys:
They're the same age as they were in the show in the Random Game. Blossom and Buttercup are pretty much the same as they were in the show, but Bubbles has kind of lost her mind and developed an affinity for chopping things, I'm sure she'd make a great chief. Brick gained demonic powers from Him that can be activated whenever he takes off his hat, Butch got his demonic powers from Aku, and Boomer's a ghost, but he seems pretty cool with it. Ghost Boomer just hangs out and floats around, in all honesty death just seems to be a minor inconvenience for him.
My affinity for creepy stuff did show through slightly when drawing Bubbles, Boomer and Brick for this one. Buttercup's stance seems rather aggressive, but considering her present company I would probably be on my toes as well. Also, Bubbles and Brick don't get along very well... not that they ever did in the first place.

In the next part Blossom shows us all her dark side.
Bark

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Did bubbles kill boomer?? Damn it Bubbles! Enough with the chopping!

I say this because it looks as though boomer took an overhead ax slash on the right-side of his face and maybe lost his hands (if not more than that) via "aggressive amputation".

Cool beans overall Mutt :)
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 am

Alt PPG: Devil Blossom
--
--
I thought it would be fun to do a series of PPG drawings of how different artists have portrayed the PPG characters around Devaintart.
Link to other parts: fav.me/d6fdkyp fav.me/d6frq6l
--
Continuing with this little series of drawings we have something a little darker.
Devil Blosssom, created by teacupballerina (Askura) and akublossom
From what I can gather some people are a little iffy on how Devil Blossom came to be, but she does look pretty cool.
A spoilerish rundown on her character:
Askura has already told me what her origin is, but I'm going to be a little vaguer that usual for this one. It has something to do with the Chemical X in her going all wonky and a certain other villain from a certain other tv show.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Twilight and Spike: Defenders of Equestria
--
Been a while since I last did some MLP:FIM art.
Decided to try something a little (or a lot) different this time and now we have A giant Godzilla Spike and a battle scared Twilight on their way to some off screen battle.
Will they succeed? Considering ones a Kaiju by this point and the other's an alicorn, probably.

Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Spike looks... part cat to me. But I like your Twilight.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I messed around with the shape of Spike head a lot for this one and I can see how he looks sorta feline like. I went with this look because I thought it made him look rather rough and imposing. I drew a lot of inspiration from Heisei era Kaiju films for this look.
Thanks for comment. I'm glad you like my Twilight.
Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Another thing that I thought was interesting about this, and only realized it was the angle of the drawing. I don't know if you had it in mind, but the drawing from this point would have no indication of if Spike had wings or not. SO I have to ask this.

Did you intentionally do that to leave it vague to the reader on if he develops wings or not?
And what is your opinion on that matter?

PreviousNext

Return to Art