Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Its a sad truth we live in.

Sadder still that I'm probably going to remain with Xbox through such a dark time, but I like to believe I'll be spending much of it playing Assassin's Creed on my 360.

The only reason I have to get the One is Halo 5.

Which... is a stupid reason, but there isn't anything else currently drawing me to it.

Blue-ray player? Yeah that's cool, I guess.

CoD: Ghosts? Coming out for all the platforms. And if the damn multiplayer maps are anything like MW3s, then I'm out bros.

PS4 though doesn't have a reason for me to buy it, other than it is... you know, that thing.

Fucking finals and my brain...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 pm

I agree with you Blordy. That's why I'm becoming an antiquarian by buying past games. This one store I go to has a lot of past games, from as early as the Gamecube to as old as the SNES and Sega Genesis. Most of the games are crappy, but a lot of them are surprising to find. Most of them are as cheap as $5! This why I'm considering getting a job there, both for the money and to see what games I can get on a daily basis.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah. And I would have to look on what the upcoming games are, but if memory serves right, nothing is jumping out and saying BUY ME.

With the exception of AC4. Best of two worlds right there.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:17 pm

They've been posting some cool AC4 videos on the facebook page
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Assassin Creed 4 has a British Pirate as the main dude. That sold me right there. And since Connor from AC3 was such a step down from the charismatic Ezio and pretty much the whole of AC3 was a mess. It tried to be Red Dead with none of the depth.

As for COD ghosts, it apparently features dynamic maps that change constantly, like a skyscraper that fall a few floors and so on. Maybe it's to compete the amazing maps shown in Battlefield 4.

As for Halo 5.............. well I was interested until some weird Pokemon appeared out of the sand in the reveal trailer.

But right now, my investments in handhelds, more specifically the 3DS. Dame Project X Zone is cool.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:20 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:As for Halo 5.............. well I was interested until some weird Pokemon appeared out of the sand in the reveal trailer.

oh you mean this thing?

That forerunner construct was the whole climax of the trailer. The point of it was to show a mystery to build up hype for halo 5 and the first thing you call it is a pokemon? And I thought I was insane.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby top gear tony » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 pm

I stand by my comment.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I lean a bit towards Tony. The pokemon comment was an insult, MadDoc, not a misplacement of sanity.

As for the maps. I just want some loveable long range maps. MW3 was a disappointment to me because everything felt like it was mid to short range, good if you like that. I don't though. I love the sniper rifles. MW2 I was a mother fucking artist with the Barrett 50; The Leonardo Da Vinci of the game with that gun.

Do I get the same love in MW3? Hells no.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:12 pm

MW 2 and 3 were both a mess. The guns practically auto aimed, bullets flew from clips at abnormal speed (for a gun I mean, the M4 on MW2 was just stupid) and they both dumbed down and undid all the hard work Treyarch did to make the COD series seem less stale.

It could be, at the time I was coming off the high of World at War (the best in my opinion as it does was every COD game fails to do. Make me feel as if I'm in an unforgiving war.). Everything MW 2 did, just took me out of it more and more.

People bled money, the gore had been severely ramped back (they were trying to make it so younger players could play, but the games rated 18+ anyway, so why bother). The starting guns were just stupid choices (50. for a starting sniper, really? What's next, an I win button for the next game?) and every new addition was off set by what it lost.

Black Ops didn't fix much. The single player felt like a Treyarch COD, but the multiplayer felt like it went though the same water down process. I know the devs aren't given much freedom to mess with the winning formula, but Infinity Ward just gives the impression they don't care anymore.

Oh and the community, GOD. It was like that since COD4 but Jesus. It's either I suck because I'm doing poorly or I'm hacking because I'm doing good.
Last edited by top gear tony on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Exodis » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Reasons why the only COD game I ever played was COD 2: Big Red One.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:15 pm

There was a few cod games I played once or twice but I found them repetitious compared to what was made.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby top gear tony » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Nearly every game is about repetition, the trick is to not make it feel like it is with set pieces or new game altering mechanics.

It's way more complex than that, but I have work tomorrow and don't want to spend all night explaining winstates and so on.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Infinity Ward just gives the impression they don't care anymore.

Well considering that they are just a shell of their former selves... They did have the living shit raped out of them by Activision.

top gear tony 666 wrote:the high of World at War

I can't get into WW 2 games for some reason. the appeal just isn't there.

I thought MW2 was alright. I'm never expecting total gun accuracy, and always expect some form of exaggeration. It did save my love for online gaming, luckily I never got into the lobbies with those kids, you know of whom I speak. Halo 3 just made online gaming a terrible experience for me as I got up there in the ranks. Every kill and death became too personal for me. So when MW2 had a system where you are rewarded on your performance and not the dumb shit team you're stuck with, I jumped ships.

Then back over in Halo 4.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Halo is just unbalanced if you ask me. The shield/bar thing makes for a win/lose, catch 22 scenario.

Since COD is more about quick reflexes and how you react no matter what your health is, you can mow tones of guys down in one life, after a tense gun fight with one sod with a tiny slither of health left. But at the same time, they have just as much chance to put you down.

Over to Halo, if you encounter someone after a tense gunfight and you lack shields and health then you might as well dig your grave for them. Not to mention the Sword lunge distance, massive gaps in weapon power and lack of weapon choice that bottle neck you into encountering the same kinds of weapons each map (depending on layout, map, weapon spawning and experience of said layout gap between newbies and "pros"). But the game does get vehicle balance right........ or at least as right as any games got it so far.

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:23 am

So I finally finished playing The Last Of Us.
I really liked it. As I said in my recent post, great story, amazing gameplay, etc. etc.
I just need a bit of clarification on the ending. Would someone explain it to me a bit?

The Kid

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:10 am

Jole's no hero, and shouldn't be seen as one. He's just a guy that looks out for himself and his interests, even if it hurts humanity for him doing so. He could even become a villain in the sequel for this. It's one big "Fuck you, got mine" moment at the end.    Hope that helps, but if not tell me what confuses you exactly and I'll try to be more detailed.

Also, got my hands on Pandora's Tower a few days ago. A Wii release that' pretty darn good. It's no big named title, but for a Wii RPG it does well for itself to stand out in my opinion. The combat is varied, puzzles interesting, and the use of the motion controls is very fun with how it contributes to the overall gameplay and rewards for using it well. If you like Zelda titles and/or Shadow of the Colossus then you'll have fun with this title. It's basically a combination of the two, with Zelda-like puzzles and some fighting elements (plus a very interesting hook shot weapon you will use throught the game) and bosses all unique like in SotC and need tactics to take them down. Throw in RPG leveling and item collecting elements and a timer for your transforming monster lover and you have Pandora's Tower. The first couple dungeons just get you used to the game mechanics, but then it lets you figure everything else out from there for the most part.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Last of Us will be getting one piece of story DLC in it's season pass run.

Anyway, I've finally gotten Sonic Generation on console since I don't use my computer enough to justify my steam account version and I've been wondering. Since I know there are a few Sonic fans here, can anyone tell me if Crush 40's Sonic Boom is in the game? Because I've done nearly everything, save for a few Red Rings and I still haven't found it.

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

It's on the game, it's just it's in the 3DS version and not in the console.
Haven't played Generations on my PS3 in a long while. Need to play it sooner or later. Freakin' love that game.

The Kid

Postby top gear tony » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:40 pm

jrengjsbvfsrlsrgfbfdi God fucking dammit. All those hours, wasted.

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Maybe you should research first before doing...?

The Kid

Postby top gear tony » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 pm

That's the thing I usually do and the times I don't I'm usually more or less on the money. I'll never live down listing to the Sonic Freeriders theme that one time.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 pm

AC 2 is awesome.

Now I need to sit down and collect all of those damn feathers.

Or go straight to AC: Brotherhood.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Now I need to sit down and collect all of those damn feathers.

Take the easy way out or find them on your own.

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:34 pm

I could not be bothered to find all the stupid feathers.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I. Hate. Water levels. Pandora's Tower just HAD to have a water level. At least it got it out of the way early. Damn that level's boss is hard...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter