Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 pm

My friend and I have been playing The Last of Us for a few days now. He chose easy while I picked hard. At first it felt like hard mode was unforgiving, but around where you encounter    more human enemies after getting the truck   , the game got a lot more fun and manageable. Supplies are scarcer in that mode, but it felt like the further you went the easier it was to conserve and have a nice amount without being entirely full on materials. Normal mode however was fine enough for my friend, but he quickly saw his inventory fill fast and and area or two void of enemies that were there in hard mode. So, funny enough, looks like hard mode is the better choice in my opinion for a more balanced survival experience.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony 666 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Every game I play through is on Normal first, as I just want to experience it. I like a little depth and challenge and normal, normally provides that. Unless I'm told by multiple people to play it on a higher difficulty, I usually go normal.

Last of Us is awesome, isn't it. (That isn't a question)
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby Exodis » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:36 am

Guys who have played Last of Us: this is a lulz.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby top gear tony 666 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 am

So, keeping things going.
Have you guys ever seen a film on tv or somewhere that you really enjoyed or thought it was ok, but was surprised to find that it was critically panned and (mostly) everyone you knew either didn't like it or didn't know it?

You know what I mean.
Last edited by top gear tony 666 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 am

Well, in my area, a lot of people didn't know what doctor who was.
F U Im evil

Postby Exodis » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 pm

There was this one show called "Good Vibes" on MTV. I really liked it, but it was cancelled (low views?) in it's first season. I was pretty devastated. Plus a lot of people didn't really know about it!
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Last Savior

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:17 pm

I have some movie that I thought was just awesome, but no one else does. I'm thinking it was the 2003 Punisher movie, but I'm not sure thats it.

Other than that, my movie collection is of the best you can get.

TV shows, ehh. I have no idea.

TV=/= Blordy's college life.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT ROOM FOR THAT.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby top gear tony 666 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:29 pm

I thought Skyline was really good and Wild West. But it seems I'm the only one. (that I know of)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:26 am

I thought the "FF: The Spirits Within" movie was okay. I had my complaints, but I loved the look of it. It was way ahead of its time, but it tanked because of this. Now this level of animation is a lot more common, but people dismiss that this movie was one of the first to do it. I... also didn't mind Battlefield Earth. No reason, but I didn't get why it was so disliked. Maybe I missed something...
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:38 pm

That movie was horrible...
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:46 am

Again, I don't know why I don't mind it. Don't think I'll see the bad in it unless someone explains it to me.

P.S. I'm halfway(?) through the winter part of The Last of Us. I'm enjoying taking my time, and... wow... I'm getting this Walking Dead Season 3 vibe from it.
An Optimist

Postby supreamDKJ » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:33 am

I am honestly sorry if this question angers anyone but can some one pleas tell me why everafter never continued and again sorry if the question angers anybody.

p.s. last of us sounds awesome and considering that toonami gives the game 10 out of 10 it just makes me want to play it even more.
natsu dragneel for life

Postby Exodis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 am

It's okay to ask those questions. We understand that some people are wondering about the other comics, so here's the answer:
It's currently in a permament/long hiatus. Why? Well, think about it: who makes these comics? Artists, of course. And you know what they are as well? Humans. Don't think that everyone has time to draw these comics, as they do have lives and probably don't have time to continue the comics due to business in life. Hope this answered your question.

The Last Savior

Postby Tuor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:40 am

Ya, basically, Endling is just working on different stuff. It's unclear if EA will every continue at all
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 am

But it still is interesting that throughout his time on this hiatus he's still drawn Red various times and has hinted at returning to the comic here and there. It's never definite, but there is obviously an interest to do so. Sadly with how long it's been, any attempt at reviving the comic would probably be met with little celebration with the thought of that many fans still being interested just as much. That is unless there is some large sleeping fanbase that still holds hope for its rise.

I'd... kind of wonder what would happen though if someone drew some out-of-this-world Everafter fanart that just blew him away? Wonder if that'd cause some sort of spark...
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I honestly thought the Red appearance in SB would have done something similar to him.
Mercypostle

Postby Exodis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Changing the subject.

So I borrowed The Last of Us from a friend. I'm currently half way through the game, where I am at    the sewers after Joel and Ellie met Henry and hos brother after the jump from the bridge    and damn is the game really awesome. The atmosphere is truly rich, showing the whole city in ruins is just a magnificent view. The gameplay is pretty great as well. All in all (even though I'm half-way through) this game is definately a GOTY contender. I hate to say this, but Bioshock: Infinite has some tough competition.

The Last Savior

Postby Tuor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Everything I've heard suggests that "The Last of Us" is a superior game
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Sucks that I don't have a PS3.
F U Im evil

Postby Exodis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Perks of owning a PS3!

The Last Savior

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Xbox 360 is supreme! The inferior PS3 will be Exterminated!
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

*considers future console race.

Ehh... I'd hold off considering that.

But I'm agreeing with Tuor. I have yet to play The Last of Us, but from what I've heard its a fantastic game.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 pm

The future was not included.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 pm

For Xbox, you're right.
Mercypostle

Postby Exodis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Hah! Funny.

The Last Savior

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter