Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Cloud3514 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:37 am

Fellguarde wrote:Don't get me wrong, Battle Focus is a great rule and all, but there's really no point in taking anything like Banshees or Swooping Hawks. People aren't really annoyed that things are less awesome in the Eldar book, they're annoyed that the situation has remained relatively the same. Most aspects were useless before, needing a Farseer babysitting to make them viable, and are still useless now. Striking Scorpions are probably the only aspect warriors that came out of the transition more effective than they were before.

Most of the point costs seem solid, the problem is that a few units needed more of an overhaul. Banshees are probably the worst offender here - the change to 6th Ed made them totally incapable of performing their battlefield role.

I dunno. I'll just have to watch the Eldar players I know to see things more in depth. I still don't get why the book has as much of a backlash as it does.

Also, wasn't the new Deldar codex praised as basically the best killer of vehicles ever? I don't remember that book being ripped on, though I don't hang around Warseer or DakkaDakka or the like.

Only after people actually learned how to play the army because there was no obvious "I win" button. Most of it I heard from metagamers on sites like DakkaDakka (though I don't remember if it was DakkaDakka specifically) and players at a store I no longer go to because they're a bunch of idiots (one guy I overheard bitching about 6th when it first came out because it was more complicated than 5th, another guy was bitching and claimed that GW intentionally built Tau and Eldar to require multiple Riptides and Wraithknights, respectively) and assholes (racist, homophobic, sexist and try to drag you into political arguments you don't want a part of).

I wondered this when the book first came out, and I'm going to assume it's the invulnerable save. Stealth Suits are just more effective than they were before.

For the Commander: What invulnerable save? You still have to pay 25 points for a shield generator if you want a Battlesuit to have an invulnerable save. Literally the only changes the Commander got were a 10 point increase and changes that applied to every other Battlesuit (even Stealthsuits which get no benefit whatsoever from the free Multi-Trackers).

The only reason I can think of for the point jump is to encourage you to take an Ethereal or Fireblade as secondary HQ instead of a second Battlesuit, which, for me, was completely unnecessary because I wanted the Fireblade the moment I heard about it.

For the Stealthsuits: I've always been crazy enough to like Stealthsuits. They're hard to hit and decently durable. So, I'm not complaining about them, especially with the point adjustments on the rest of the book. I always felt they were a decent Elites choice (though I think they fit in more with Fast Attack). With the new book, the only changes they got were ones that applied to all Battlesuits and the Burst Cannon's boost to Assault 4. They also lost the "Ball of Death," where you would take a large squad of Stealthsuits, each with 2 Gun Drones.

Postby CuteBunnyGirl » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Last post ...... WHICH MUSTACHE ARE YU
:{)
a nice moustache on a smiley face
Your Last Hope Is Flyig So Fly With Me

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Umm. Don't do that.

Every thread has a purpose and a topic that it sticks by. While this is a talk thread, multiple posting like that is discouraged outside of the Spam section and your posts could be considered spamful in nature.

So just resist doing this in the future and make sure to read through the rules.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby CuteBunnyGirl » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 pm

:'( :'(
R.I.P
My 2 random posts
:{)
a nice moustache on a smiley face
Your Last Hope Is Flyig So Fly With Me

Postby Jay » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:17 pm

yahello

dropping by to mention I watched Pacific Rim and that people should do the same

Also dropping by to mention that people should watch Turning Girls (just don't expect amazing animation)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... tWdb6pRSir
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby BG07 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:18 pm

I've been hearing a lot of great things about Pacific Rim... it's up there on my must watch list right next to the new Star Trek

Postby Fellguarde » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Oh shit, I forgot that the inv save was left out of the final codex. Bit of a bummer there.

Cloud3514 wrote:(racist, homophobic, sexist and try to drag you into political arguments you don't want a part of).

Welcome to why I only really game with my local group and close friends. Walking into a GW is a sure way to remind yourself that most nerds are repugnant filthmongers. I don't visit 40K forums and such for the same reason.

Also, I just got back from watching Pacific Rim, coincidentally enough. If you don't watch it on the big screen you're a mong and you've missed out on something wonderful.

Postby Zako » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Pacific Rim was good enough.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Archrival » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 pm

CuteBunnyGirl wrote:Image

Last post ...... WHICH MUSTACHE ARE YU

All, I'm British, the home of gentleman 'taches.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Gotta love the Brits.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Any of y'all want to be nice enough to help me with some character info for a fanfic of a fanfic of Code Lyoko?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Creppy Eggy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Ehh. Wasn't much into the show.
Sorry.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:35 am

So, I basically only read this page. 966 pages is a bit much, and I'm too lazy to attempt to skim any of it.

I love Code Lyoko! I would love to help :D I watched the entire series and rewatched the 1st season a few months ago.
The only thing I haven't watched was Evolution, it's on my list, the live action doesn't really interest me.
I was obsessed with it a few years ago, so my memory of the the show and some games are fairly vivid.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I love Code Lyoko! I would love to help :D I watched the entire series and rewatched the 1st season a few months ago.
The only thing I haven't watched was Evolution, it's on my list, the live action doesn't really interest me.
I was obsessed with it a few years ago, so my memory of the the show and some games are fairly vivid.

Well, to fully understand our story, I'd prefer you watch the first 3 seasons of Code: Lyoko and read Code: Angel on deviantART.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I watched all of it, I just also, rewatched the 1st recently.

Haven't watched Evolution.
As for Code: Angel, mind linking it please?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:51 pm

High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Thank you.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BG07 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:10 pm

So I just saw Pacific Rim today.

Who else is in the mood for a mecha RP?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Was it good?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tuor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Nah, it was bad, that's why he's inspired to start up a mecha rp ;)
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BG07 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:48 pm

I enjoyed it, the action was amazing. It makes me wish that I had gone to see it in a Imax theater.

Also what Tuor said.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:04 am

ROFLMAO I love some of the stuff y'all say.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:07 am

I know, I know, but I just prejudged the film badly it seems.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:08 am

BG07 wrote:Who else is in the mood for a mecha RP?

Oh! Oh! Oh!

As long as its the more realistic kind, not the fantasy kind... More Battletech, less Gundam
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:59 am

Oh! Oh! Oh!

As long as its the more fantasy kind, not the realistic kind... More Tengen Toppa, less Battletech
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing