And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Pretty much, yeah
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Really slow day at work, ugggh
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Kovy retired, how much money is awaiting him in russia?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Probably a lot, I was surprised he retired. It didn't seem like his play dropped off much or anything
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:54 pm

He probably wants to go back home and make ridiculous money. The fact is that Russian NHL players can get payed double back home, it's just that most of them rather play against the top competition in North America. But then there's other guys like Radulov who rather make $12 mil a year, but then there's Ovi who could probably pull $25 mil but rather play against the best in the world. The only people that benefit to play in Russia are homegrown superstars or second tier players who would be making 2.5-4.5 in the NHL and make 4-7 in the KHL.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Ugh, keep feeling really dry, even though I keep drinking a lot. Hopefully I'll feel better before I go in for work.
For the Greater Good

Postby Hiryu » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:24 pm

My brother got another puppy. Now we have Popovic (left) and Orianthi (right).

ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Strange day on xbox live for me. I had a friend who was a year younger than me, who had a friend another few years younger than me. He joined the party, and his mom heard me and thought I was a grown man. And to finally tell the truth, I'm only fourteen. I wasn't sure to be guilty or laughing.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Exodis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:51 pm

I have a hankering for some beef jerkey right now...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Brax4 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Randori wrote:I have a hankering for some beef jerkey right now...

Any Jerky sounds pretty good right now. lol
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Tuor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Mmm, ice cream at work
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Flavor?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Hiryu wrote:My brother got another puppy. Now we have Popovic (left) and Orianthi (right).

Eeeeh those look like they're going to be big when grown up. :C
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Randori wrote:Flavor?

Mangooo. One of the mechanics bought everyone ice cream
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Ever felt like you want to go hang out with your buddies but when you contact them they're all "i'm not sure if i can tonight, i'll tell you in a bit" but then when they finally decide wether or not they wanna hang out it's already a bit late and you no longer feel like going anywhere?

Because that's basically my night.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:11 am

I know that feel, bro. Is your night going to be boring because of it, or do you still have something you'd like to do available?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:17 am

Well my night is not outright ruined but i've been feeling a bit "stuck" lately, which is why i wanted to hang out. Do something a bit different and get out of my routine.

I told my girlfriend this and we went to have dinner outside and came back and snuggled a bit and had some sex so i already did *something*, but then she had to go home to do her own stuff and i was left here without much to do.

It's late so i can't go to the store get something to drink, so i'm just staying at home like usual. I'm probably going to go upstairs to smoke a bit and play gba roms on my cellphone, or listen to some music, or play tf2 afterwards. I can find stuff to do, just not stuff outside of my usual toybox, so to speak.

How about you guys, how was the week? Mine was quite normal, nothing bad happened but nothing out of the ordinary either. Quite an average week.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:17 am

Mir@k wrote:Ever felt like you want to go hang out with your buddies but when you contact them they're all "i'm not sure if i can tonight, i'll tell you in a bit" but then when they finally decide wether or not they wanna hang out it's already a bit late and you no longer feel like going anywhere?

Because that's basically my night.

Happens to me a lot, I know that feeling. It's either that or they don't reply
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:19 am

Yeah, bit of a bummer but nothing to do if other people don't feel like hanging out either.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:22 am

True, I decided to go out to eat anyways, haha.
My week was ok, everything has been going along normally for a while now. Just working 8:30-5 monday-friday, then relaxing saturdays and the hiking on sundays or the reverse. This Sunday my dad and I are going to go see the local major league soccer team, so that should be fun
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:28 am

I've never gone hiking before. Can't say it's something that thrills me anyway so i haven't put thought into it. Must be the region i live in and it's lack of true hiking spots.

I'm nervous because i'm just a couple of months from having to decide what to do to receive my title. It's either graduation by thesis or by coursing a specialty or a masters degree. My idyllic option would be getting a master degree in something because then i'd receive my graphic design title plus a master degree title in something, but it's too expensive for me at this time, not even with a part-time job i'd make enough to cover the costs.

A specialty is within my reach, but finishing a specialty gives you nothing in terms of curriculum, it has no weight nor grants you any kind of recognition or title, it's just the requirement for graduation.

A thesis fucking terrifies me.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 am

Hmm, strange that a specialty doesn't really grant you anything. A thesis terrifies me as well, and yet it is inevitable that I'll have to write one, it's the only way to attain a master's in my field.

Ya, I'm fortunate to live in an area where I can drive and hour or so and be in some pretty magnificent wilderness.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:15 am

^Same. It's a perk of living where I do. Wish I could go hiking again with my elder sister. She always knew the best hiking spots when I was a kid.
An Optimist

Postby Hiryu » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:01 am

Mir@k wrote:Eeeeh those look like they're going to be big when grown up. :C
Popovic is already fully grown, she's a mix of dachshund and portuguese podengo. Orianthi still has a bit to go since she's a mix of podengo and labrador retriever.
Popovic is 7 months old and Orianthi is 3 months old.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:26 am

I found this again and it's still making me bust up laughing.
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!