Last video game you bought

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Last video game you bought

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Went to a shop I go to alot called Book Off and they were selling Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast at $5.00.
I bought that game in a heartbeat.
All I need now is a Dreamcast...
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Guardian » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 pm

You could say that's quite the dream.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Har har har.
It was worth it though because of the price. No regrets were made.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Last games I bought today:
The Bourne Splinter Cell Conviction (Xbox 360)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 am

Technically I didn't buy it, but I did download Ubisoft's Sparticus Legends on my Xbox for free last night. It's.. Okay?

Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:Last games I bought today:
The Bourne Splinter Cell Conviction (Xbox 360)
Ghost Squad (Wii)

Ghost Squad is great, we had the arcade machine at my old job.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:08 pm

I loved the arcade machine's G36C controller. Wish I could modify a Wii Zapper to resemble it.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby midochiku » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Last game I bought was BlazBlue Continuum Shift for the PS3
“Knew you the second you set foot on my property, kid. Even as young as you were, how could I not? Folks want to blame someone for gals like us. “Her daddy was unkind” or “some fella broke her heart” … Hogwash. You and me’ve always been like this. Always a little removed. Always… dreaming.Of higher, further, faster… more. Always more. We came into this world spittin’ mad, runnin’ full bore… To or from what, I ain’t never been able to tell. Over the years, I’ve come to think of these particular traits as the shared attributes of a chosen people… the Lord put us here to punch holes in the sky. And when the soul is born with that kind of purpose… It’ll damn sure find a way. We’re gonna get where we’re going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned… we’ll get there……And we will be the stars we were always meant to be.”
Helen Cobb, Captain Marvel #1
Bucky No

Postby Q.U. » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Rogue Legacy...

Protip: Never take the vertigo trait.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Guardian » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 pm

It's been a long time coming, but I finally bought Assassin's Creed 2 to experience the world for myself. My friend is always talking about it, and I'm bored as hell with all of my games, so I thought I'd try something new.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Brax4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:11 pm

I sure hope you don't have an Xbox Blord.. If you do, Assassin's Creed II is free in the coming month/s?
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Wait wat? Free Assassin's creed II soon? Did I see that correctly?
Never anger a magician

Postby Guardian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Brax4 wrote:I sure hope you don't have an Xbox Blord.. If you do, Assassin's Creed II is free in the coming month/s?

They did have it as a free download a few weeks ago if you bought gold. I'm not sure about it becoming free in a few months though.

And seriously, I would have done it and or waited for it but I don't have any room in my hard drive. I bought my Xbox back in I think 2007-ish and its the 20 GB drive. Most of the room has been used up from the system, and a few games which are way too big. Like Halo 4 I think is using up 4.5 GB or something.

This is the one game that I wish I had a PS3 for, because it looks so amazing on it.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Brax4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Ah, I forgot if it was coming soon or had already come. I never saw anything about it on the dashboard, so I assumed it hadn't come out for free download yet.

Well, still, it's an amazing game. If you're not looking to finish all the games, I'd skip Altair and Conner's storylines. Both of them are cool characters, but the design of the games, I felt, were awful. AC1 is forgivable because it was the first, it was released early on, and it wasn't too bad, just a bit wonky. AC3 just took everything and messed with it, it tried to be too much and ended up ruining it for me. I haven't completed it because I just didn't find it fun. The multiplayer was great, other than that, I didn't care for it.

It's a shame considering I beat AC2, AC Brotherhood, and AC Revelations in about 4 weeks total because I loved them so much.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:23 pm

AC3 is the only AC game i ever played. Now that AC 2 is coming out for free in a few days for me, i'm excited for it now.
Never anger a magician

Postby Guardian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Brax4 wrote:I'd skip Altair and Conner's storylines. Both of them are cool characters, but the design of the games, I felt, were awful. AC1 is forgivable because it was the first, it was released early on, and it wasn't too bad, just a bit wonky. AC3 just took everything and messed with it, it tried to be too much and ended up ruining it for me.

I've heard that from a surprising amount of people. It seems from what I heard that AC 2 and its "expansions" is where the game got "perfect". My friend, the one who is into AC like I'm into Halo (he has a hidden blade), told me to just skip AC1, it just wasn't worth it.

That is a little surprising to here with the AC3 storyline, but I imagine any game that takes place in Colonial America is a little screwed up and boring.

I am excited for AC4 though.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Brax4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:17 pm

It's not the story that bugs me about 3, it's the gameplay. Revelations was going that way with its' use of bombs and other small features. But I still found that to be fun. After playing the Multiplayer of 3, I was stoked. I didn't really enjoy the game mechanics of the actual story though, I felt it was lacking something.

2 is really the best. Brotherhood was great. Revelations was pretty good. 3 just didn't cut it. Even 1 was fun once you got into it, even though it was repetitive, and Altair didn't have an accent, and all that, I still enjoyed 1 once I got everything down. 1's faults and flaws weren't overly bad.

Also TMD :
My mistake.
Blood Lord wrote:They did have it as a free download a few weeks ago if you bought gold.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Guardian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 pm

AC 2 is awesome. I'm having way too much fun free running though.

Next game is Brotherhood.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:54 pm

AC2 is spectacular. I have all-but-2 achievements in it.

Brotherhood is good, when you get to use your students, it just feels so good.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:04 pm

I had loads of fun free running and climbing in AC2 as well. Climbing around Venice and Florence was so much fun.

Personally, I liked 3 as well. I was in a crappy mood the other day and went on a 45 minute killing spree using one of the large axes the Grenadiers carry.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 pm

So I just bought this game called Dark.

Originally, I planned on buying Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, because I loved the original. But this game caught my eye, a stealth action RPG, sounds like my type of game.

What I got was a piece of junk. I looked past a lot of the flaws. The graphics were very similar to The Walking Dead, which is a good thing, but the mouth movement was awful, not only that, but the dialogue is badly paced. Still, I looked past those.

Here's what I found utterly wrong, the movement seemed off, it seemed clunky and strangely controlled, but I continued to dialogue, much like Mass Effect. There seemed to be nothing different between the choices you made, they just were questions, that you ask to everyone in the first area, and he sounds the same every time, not even smooth about it; the same options, everything. When you talked to people, their mouths basically opened, and stayed open until they were done talking, with the smallest twitches for each word. He had the same choices, and some people just said "Can't you see I'm busy" to every question asked. There only seemed to be 10 different character models for random people crowding up a room, and you could find clones upon clones upon clones. They all seemed to have the same 1 response everytime you chose the Talk option. So I continued, I figured the game mechanics wouldn't be so bad.

So I got to the "Training" section. Still clunky, I walked around, attempting to kill the other guys, which is tough, because you have no gun, you're relying solely on assassinations. The attacks were clunky still, and didn't run smoothly when you attacked someone. They also insist on you using your vampire powers, which basically seemed to be from Dishonored.

After training, I had had enough. This game is bad, there's no charm in it for me; even Alpha Protocol from like 4 years ago that I bought for $3, was an amazing game. This game attempted to be Mass Effect, Alpha Protocol, Dishonored, and The Walking Dead; and accomplished none of them.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:22 am

This is why I read/watch reviews and first impressions, I already learned that thus game was crap before I even looked at it. I'd advise you to take at least a little time to research what you buy, impulse buying can leave you with junk games that you regret having paid for.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Most of the time I watch a few reviews before I buy something, but I figured I would take a chance.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:58 pm

I just downloaded assassin's creed 2 for free. Didn't get that far, so far.
Never anger a magician

Postby Tuor » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Good acquisition, AC 2 is pretty great
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Brax4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:10 pm

It's spectacular. The best in the series.

Hope you enjoy it MD.
[ LVL 131 ]

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming