X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

Postby Fellguarde » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Clearly my post was the most important.

It has a guy thinking about things.

Postby BG07 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm

But Fell your posts are always the most important.

I just wanted everyone else to feel special.

Postby aj_gatsz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:58 am

Excuse me, but I would like to express my different opinion on the subject.

My post was the most important, as my character is doing some serious efforts to gain a social status within the facility.

Aaaaaand pick up chicks....   

But seriously Bel, I think you are being rude. The people who wrote their post put their effort and creativity in it, and not bothering reading it seems to tell "I do not care about what you have to say". There are not many posts, just show the curtesy and read them.

Postby Fellguarde » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm

I crave motion. Somebody do something.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:24 pm

I could dance back and forth.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:26 pm

I'll post somethin' probably today.
Should I stay or should I go?
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby BG07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:08 am

Now it is Fell that needs to do things.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Maybe I should just drop out then. Everyone seems to hate my character. Maybe I should just leave the forum. I don't always have time to go back and read the posts. That's why I asked. Can someone do a quick recap? I have offline things I need to finish.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Fellguarde » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Or you could wait till you have time to read the posts.

Reading is pretty integral to this whole thing.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm on for a few minutes at a time, nowhere near enough time to read everything. Are there any posts, other than Hana's, that deal with my character and/or would be important to her?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:15 pm

No, there hasn't.

Look, if you can't get on long enough to read a few posts, maybe dropping out would be a good idea. At least until you can be on longer. You can expect people to be helpful but you can't expect them to constantly hold your hand.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm not expecting anyone to "hold my hand". I was just asking a question, one with a simple answer. With my questions answered, I may be able to post more. I'm thinking about dropping out anyways because everyone my character has interacted with is either an NPC or their player dropped or disappeared.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 pm

You can interact with me.
.-.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:18 pm

As much as I hate to say it, I think I might drop out. Its just a bit too much for me and I am losing interest. Sorry Hana, its a great RP, but I don't quite think its for me.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Belwicket wrote:I'm not expecting anyone to "hold my hand". I was just asking a question, one with a simple answer. With my questions answered, I may be able to post more. I'm thinking about dropping out anyways because everyone my character has interacted with is either an NPC or their player dropped or disappeared.

Do what I do in that situation. When you log on, read as many posts as you can, then log off when you have to. Continue until you've been caught up. I've literally taken days to read everything in some RP's due to time constraints, but I never had to ask for a recap.

Also, this "question" never has a simple answer. Most people aren't willing to give recaps. Why you ask? Simple really, try to summarize a few dozen posts while making everyone's contribution roughly the same (because EACH post is important to the overall feel of the RP). You leave someone out? They feel terrible because obviously their contribution wasn't worthy of being mentioned in a summary of important events. Rather than go through that, it's best if you give each and every post it's proper time and read them. No matter how long it takes.

And granted, since your character hasn't interacted much with anyone else, this will give you a perfect opportunity to wait it out a bit. Get ahold of the story, and find the perfect spot to interact with a character and have a meaningful interaction, develop character depth, and etc. I know it's tough some times to catch up on everything, just take it slow.

Draken30000 wrote:As much as I hate to say it, I think I might drop out. Its just a bit too much for me and I am losing interest. Sorry Hana, its a great RP, but I don't quite think its for me.

Sorry to see you go Draken, I rather like RPing with you.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:33 am

I enjoy RPing with you too, Cheese. I hope we are in another together sometime soon!

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Cheesemore wrote:
Belwicket wrote:I'm not expecting anyone to "hold my hand". I was just asking a question, one with a simple answer. With my questions answered, I may be able to post more. I'm thinking about dropping out anyways because everyone my character has interacted with is either an NPC or their player dropped or disappeared.

Do what I do in that situation. When you log on, read as many posts as you can, then log off when you have to. Continue until you've been caught up. I've literally taken days to read everything in some RP's due to time constraints, but I never had to ask for a recap.

Also, this "question" never has a simple answer. Most people aren't willing to give recaps. Why you ask? Simple really, try to summarize a few dozen posts while making everyone's contribution roughly the same (because EACH post is important to the overall feel of the RP). You leave someone out? They feel terrible because obviously their contribution wasn't worthy of being mentioned in a summary of important events. Rather than go through that, it's best if you give each and every post it's proper time and read them. No matter how long it takes.

And granted, since your character hasn't interacted much with anyone else, this will give you a perfect opportunity to wait it out a bit. Get ahold of the story, and find the perfect spot to interact with a character and have a meaningful interaction, develop character depth, and etc. I know it's tough some times to catch up on everything, just take it slow.

Then I would never post. I'm on long enough to read 1, maybe 2 posts at a time if they're not overly long, as most people tend to do here.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Trust me, you would be able to post. If you can read 1-2 posts a day, in order to never post we'd have to put 1-2 posts out every day. Which, I don't think we've done for a while (obvious exception over the last few days).

You can do it. I believe in you Belwicket!
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Dorian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Belwicket wrote:Then I would never post. I'm on long enough to read 1, maybe 2 posts at a time if they're not overly long, as most people tend to do here.

Maybe if you spent what time you have reading the IC posts rather than reading and replying to the ones here you wouldn't have a problem.
Never asked for this

Postby Belwicket » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:22 am

OOC posts take less time to read.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:40 am

Oh for the love of...

Look, you can make time. If it is important to you, then you can make time.

But understand that when you come in and say "can I get a summary of what's going on" or "did anyone say anything important", it can come off as quite offensive even if you didn't mean it that way. People put time and effort into their post to make it fun and enjoyable for everyone. so to come in here and say that makes it sound like you don't give a crap about what is being said, or care very much about the people you are playing with.

Arguing your point or nit picking other people's statements, like what you just did with Dorian, can come across as arrogant and selfish as well. Even if you didn't mean it that way.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sentios » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:00 pm

This current drama is highly anticipated.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Tuor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:30 pm

I find it kinda funny that some people are making this a huge deal, asking for a recap used to be pretty commonplace, from what I remember
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Reading is the easy part, replying is the hard part.
Imho.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Sentios » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Tuor wrote:I find it kinda funny that some people are making this a huge deal, asking for a recap used to be pretty commonplace, from what I remember

They are making it sound more grandiose than it is yes, but I agree with the sentiment. This RP is not fast enough where asking for a summary is reasonable, she did ask for it in the most offensive possible way, and as Dorian pointed out she has enough time to bitch about 'not having time to read the IC' in the OOC almost daily.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing