Shadows of the heart's eye...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:47 am

NEK COMMENT: It's good to see Mimi having sweet though forlorn dreams of happier times...Oh well such is life XD
Though even I'm curious as where Mimi could possibly be now that a muffin has presented itself to her XD
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Shadows of the heart's eye...

Postby CuteBunnyGirl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 am

1st coment omlg
Comment~
has she escaped :o ?
like :O wait I know the spider kidnapped her wait I don't really get this part is she been lured away from her home or has she been kidnapped :?: [curius] :?
:{)
a nice moustache on a smiley face
Your Last Hope Is Flyig So Fly With Me

Postby Exodis » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:32 am

I was confused as well. It was probably an illusion because of her starving so many days.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 am

CuteBunnyGirl wrote:1st coment omlg
Comment~
has she escaped :o ?
like :O wait I know the spider kidnapped her wait I don't really get this part is she been lured away from her home or has she been kidnapped :?: [curius] :?

That spider was Jeff. Jeff is currently a disembodied soul in Him's layer. The chances are that he was a hallucination triggered by the smell of the muffin.
F U Im evil

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:05 pm

I agree with Randori, hunger can do that to ya, and now Mimi is human again she can't handle it.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 pm

I feel really sorry for Mimi, she just wants her Jeff again
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby pandabear » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:47 pm

I think it is Aku and his/her phase shifting form that tricked Mimi out.

Postby Sigment » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Randori wrote:It was probably an illusion because of her starving so many days.
I agree, mainly because the title of the page seems to reinforce it.
pandabear wrote:I think it is Aku and his/her phase shifting form that tricked Mimi out.
Very unlikely. As far as we know, Aku is unaware that Mimi is there. Just as well, he may still be in the spa with Him. We don't know if what we're seeing is happening while Him is visiting Aku, or after he already did. Lastly, Aku can't avoid his color scheme when he shifts. He would look nothing like Jeff.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Not to mention the Jeff hallucination had a muffin.
The balcony comes into play, I wonder where Junior's room is in correlation to Minnie. Minnie was practicing outside, it would be interesting to see her take aim.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 pm

That's... an interesting idea. They were on a castle wall from the looks of it. I'm eager to see if you may be right.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Nina333 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Jeff is a hallucination brought on by the pangs of hunger. I'm thinking Mimi is outside looking for Jeff.

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Yeah so she could most likely going to fall to her doom thinking she might reunite with Jeff and then have Junior save her and Minnie might see them and get mad.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:54 pm

OR PLOT TWIST, Mimi falls and Minnie's super duper amazing accuracy helps her shoot an arrow perfectly pinning her to the wall, without harming her. Maybe Mimi's bandages unraveled or Minnie hits Mimi's clothes.

Doubt that would happen, but it would be interesting to see Minnie tie into this mess. Maybe Junior grabs Mimi while falling and Minnie pins Junior to the wall, while Junior is still holding onto Mimi.

Just random thoughts to help spice up the thread.
Rocks

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Was it an illusion? Was it really Jeff? Or was it a trap? Tune in to find out.

Postby wonder3 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:17 pm

I hope my theory is wrong about it actually was but it crossed my mind so here it is:

Remember Chi sent Demongo to check on what was going in HIM's kingdom to get info on Mimi. What if while there Demongo captured Jeff's soul seeing as it was just laying around and is using his power to control Jeff's actions like he did the fallen warriors he absorb as a way of getting back at Chi for all the torment while also working towards getting his body back. That or secretly working for HIM so he could get something in return.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:59 pm

We would have seen some sort of interaction between Jeff and Demongo then. It isn't that impossible of it being Demongo in disguise though, but I would have thought he would go check Him's realm first.

Its more likely to be a hallucination from lack of food.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 am

Wait, refresh my memory: is Jeff in his soul form or is he still alive but just his head being kept alive?
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Last Savior

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:15 am

He's in his soul form. "Making Headway" shows his decapitated head and "The Claw that Feeds you" (Next page) shows his soul in the cage.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby IcyBoomer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 am

I have a vague feeling that Mimi is going to bump into Mini Mandy who will go into an all out Jealous fight on her.
Darkness is Light

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:26 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:He's in his soul form. "Making Headway" shows his decapitated head and "The Claw that Feeds you" (Next page) shows his soul in the cage.

That's what I needed.

The reason why I'm saying that is because Demongo has the ability to capture souls and use them for his own purposes. Against Samurai Jack, he sent hordes of the souls of warriors Demongo has defeated and used them against him.
So what am I going with this? What if Demongo took Jeff's soul and used it for the purpose of taking back Mimi to Chi?

The Last Savior

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:46 am

Except we have no idea what powers he still has after his demotion, Darth Vader is right, if Demo was controlling Jeff's soul we would have seen them meet. It could be revealed through flash back but it would feel awkward to see it told like that. Plus Jeff's soul is in a cage that I am guessing isn't that easy to break.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 am

Keep in mind that most of Grim Tales has been told from the perspective of a flashback. However, I do think that Mimi simply hallucinated from hunger in this page.

That doesn't mean that Demongo capturing/using Jeff's soul can't happen later though. Another interesting thing to note is that Him's realm is called the Land of Tainted Souls. So I wonder if Demongo would somehow get a power up or something by visiting?

There are a few things I see complicating it a bit, though. The first problem is the cage that is holding Jeff's soul. I don't know how Demongo would open that unless he somehow had access to a body or a magic spell of some sort. The second problem involves his skulls. According to the wiki, the skulls were what he used to contain each soul he captured in the show (The skulls being in his torso, which he doesn't have anymore). I don't remember enough from the show to know whether or not he could manipulate souls with/without the skulls. Does anyone else remember?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Drago2552 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 am

Wow fast new page.
Mimi don't go for the muffin.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:45 am

The appearing muffin. Unless Demo now has the ability to summon muffins, or create the illusion of muffins. It would be hard for that possibility.
Rocks

Postby Light10s » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:16 pm

This maybe off topic but do you think Jr is gonna wind getting a harem? o.O :?:

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!