Feeding precautions

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Feeding precautions

Postby IcyBoomer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Llllllllet's get ready for FoodBall!
Darkness is Light

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Let's just get prepared for a tackle from Mimi, when she sees that muffin
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Nina333 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Mimi will grab the muffin off the tray and leave all the other food alone. No one else in the Grim family seems to care about showing Mimi any hospitality except for Junior. Mimi appears to be Juniors designated responsibility since Mandy referred to her as Junior's pet.

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh yes, the last time Mimi saw a muffin she went from big-eyed sparkle to psycho chain-teeth. Of course, that was in her HER form, whereas her teeth are less pointy right now. Except that apparently she still bites hard enough to hurt Junior's Nergal. As long as we're in the category of 'A Wizard Did It,' I guess... I guess it means HIM modified Mimi's teeth in her human form. Since he took off her hands, that's not so hard to believe. Unfortunately.
A Page Flipper

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Why do people keep mentioning Junior being the only one showing Mimi hospitality? Junior is the only one that wanted/cared about her in Grimskull. I also want to point out Charles is the one that made the food in the first place, even if it was because it was Junior's request, he seems to be respecting Junior's choice for having Mimi(whether it be own personality or his loyalty to the family). Does no one want to give the loyal servant any recognition?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Biocolor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I don't know if anyone has said this already but welcome to the forums Icyboomer.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:49 pm

IcyBoomer joined 3 years ago lol.
Rocks

Postby Biocolor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Never mind I guess I just never noticed him before :-) my bad.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Wait a second. Biocolor, do you have anything to do with the comic besides being a fan of it?
Biocolor wrote:But it's not a chakra gem it's a golden piece of a necklace that she heated up and burned to her forehead.
I took this as a piece of information from a confirmed source. That part of the necklace is supposed to be a chakra gem(no?), the fact it was chained to be a necklace, doesn't mean that it can't be a chakra gem.
Rocks

Postby Biocolor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Oh I see are u saying the gem is inside the golden piece.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:35 pm

AT LAST! I'm not the only one incapable of reading the numbers below someones avatar. As for Jr and Mimi, we already talked about this I think so I'm probably just saying the same stuff that's already been said but Jr is the only on being nice to her because he's the only one who wants her there. I think pain just did that because he was asked to as he has no reason to be nice to Mimi but plenty of reasons to hate her. Now that I think about it, everyone at grimskull has a reason to hate Mimi. The only reason Jr doesn't is because he knows her better than they do. I would still be really impressed if Mimi and Minnie ended up becoming friends but for the time being Jr is the only one who wants her. HIM also wants her there for evil reasons. I liked your idea about HIM wanting her to ally her self with them so he can exploit her using Jeff. But I had another idea, if Jr finds out what happens to Jeff he would attempt some kind of ridiculous rescue mission assisted by Mimi, maybe Minnie but no one else which would fail and result in HIM capturing one or both of Mandy's kids. Just a thought.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I'd say it would be both kids if they move, Minnie won't be far behind Junior. Also, I was thinking more than just Jeff, say Jeff is saved somehow. Taking a step into the darkness, Him has a part of Blossom, and uses that as a bargaining chip, maybe another member of her family, I don't want to get too specific xD

Biocolor, I'm sorry but I hope you're joking. I'm saying that the gold piece is a chakra gem and that you must please learn to rephrase what you post or else people will slowly stop taking you seriously. You made it sound like you knew the gold piece wasn't a chakra gem, when I believe it is. It's not inside, it is a chakra gem. I'm sorry if I'm wrong here, but to me it seems you're sharing information without considering how others would perceive it, rather than sharing known information.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:14 pm

I have a third option to the whole chakra gem/necklace argument which I think I started. I think there is a piece of jewelry where the chain hangs around the crown of the head and the gem part hangs on the forehead just over the hairline. When I first saw it in the box that is what I assumed it was. I don't know how raven's gem is attached but it is permanent, This is less scaring, less permanent alternative and visually it has the same effect. Raven knew that Mimi wanted a chakra gem so why give her a necklace?
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Raven probably planned to give it to her personally, maybe she wanted to say something about that. Also the possibility of Jeff altering it himself. I also don't believe you started any argument, it just seems like a misunderstanding between Biocolor and myself on a public topic.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah, I said chakra gem and some other guy said "Not a chakra gem, it's a necklace" and then you say "THE GEM IS A LIE!!" now that was funny. I think the kind of jewelry I was referring to is called a Ferronières but I'm not sure. Why would Jeff modify Ravens present? It had a lace chain on it when Raven handed it to him. Also does anyone know how Ravens gem is attached?
gott ist tot

Postby Biocolor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Maby we are both wronge. Maby it's an agument(spelled that wrong) because aguments don't need to be made of a gem. Sometimes it could be made of a stone or bone. All we are saying is that it's magical in some way. Right. Please tell me u know were I'm going with this.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:34 pm

I do, but why are you so against the fact she's wearing a chakra gem?
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:43 pm

Well. There is a slight problem with that request of where or how she got her chakra gem.

The Teen Titan Raven is based off of the DC Raven, but it isn't known which one. Not only am I implying universes, but also regenerations. Raven has been reborn a couple of times in the DC world, and it might happen here. Sometimes she had the gem, other times she didn't (I think, I'm more of a Marvel guy then a DC).

Anyways, the reason why is about the same, to help her keep her darker passions in check. It can be assumed, if we are following the "normal first Raven" which bears the most resemblance to the Teen Titain Raven, that it was affixed to her head sometime during her childhood. There was a event before where a monk knew who she was and attempted to seal her into limbo, but the spell backfired and killed him instead. It's hinted that it was Raven's power emerging. After that, another monk, Azar takes her under his wing and begins to train her.
http://teentitans.wikia.com/wiki/Raven

You can thus assume that the Chakra gem was somehow, possibly through the uses of magic rather than Mimi's extreme method, attached to her head to control her darker side. In the comics, it was removed by Brother Blood who bit it off of her forehead.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I do, but why are you so against the fact she's wearing a chakra gem?

Mimi isn't wearing a legit chakra gem, but it is her chakra gem. It doesn't function the same or correctly.

It would be like if I had a model of a 69 Dodge Charger painted orange with a big 01 on the side and a Rebel Flag on the top. I still have a General Lee, but it isn't the General Lee.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 am

Half ass chakra gem. Woo! I was getting annoyed for no reason.
I forgot Jeff opened the box during that flashback, my bad.
Also another thing to note is that Raven wanted to give Mimi one that looked more similar to her own gem.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:21 am

Yup, but she couldn't afford one due to a Titain's budget.

Which I personally think its funny when you consider the finical stability of heroes vs villains. The Avengers all lived in a Tower, and Doom owns a country. Of course you have exceptions such as Iron Man and Batman, but in general it's pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBLNgkD4p7c
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:31 am

Either that shows how charitable the Titans were, or that chakra gems must be rare.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:39 am

Or that they didn't get paid well...
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 am

I have actually read the issue where the new brother blood bites it of her forehead right after she is reborn, that's one of the only Teen Titans comics I have ever read. But I was under the impression that chakra gems were a real thing in different cultures and there was an actual method of attaching them. Maybe I am wrong. I also think I was wrong when I said Ferronières, the picture looked similar to what I was thinking of. I think I have seen women in Indian cultures wearing them, the accessory where the lace chain goes around the crown of the head that resembles a chakra gem. I wish someone could tell me the name of what it is I am thinking of. Also "agument"? What was he trying to spell?
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 am

The Titans save people, cities, etc...If they don't get paid well that goes under charity for me.

Are you talking about a Bindi? Ari.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:06 am

I looked it up on google. That is what I was talking about when I said chakra gem but not what I think Mimi's present is. Thanks for that by the way, I thinking of these things I've seen but I can't think of the names for any of them.
gott ist tot

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!