(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups still open! Come all!

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 am

Draken30000 wrote:Love the summation XD. Just here to say i'm a ditz and forgot to mention that I am in Disney till like next Wednesday, and while I have internet, posting will be difficult. I will try but no promises. Sorry once again.

Okay, we'll live, but it's good that you let us know.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby egreham » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Hana wrote:Should I feel left out that I didn't get a troll-y summation? *tilt head*

I simply couldn't think of a wiseass trope that could legitimately make fun of your character, and make sense at the same time. Just ... take it as a compliment.

Postby egreham » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm

P.S. by the way, what's IC?

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:18 pm

In Character

Its where all the posts are made for the story, this thread is just for the RP discussion
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Waiting for everyone to post is probably a waste. Four out of six, close enough. Let's kick this thing into gear. Hana, tag, you're it :D

For your second post, you guys should consider getting into trouble. Like, finding the other characters, for instance. The general 'rule' when searching is that it's easy. Say it with me, reality is malleable and just sending the wish of finding someone into the universe is gonna push you together. Unless someone actively doesn't want to be found, you can find them. Just say that you do and you do. You can even decide how you find them. If you litterally bump into them or sneak on them. Just keep in mind hurting them is still a conflict, having the drop on them guarantees nothing. If someone is hiding, you can still try to find them, it's just a conflict.

Postby Hana » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Oh, I think I'm already IN trouble...
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Indeed! A lots of it, given that I'm a cheater with two characters! But I'll go easy on ya...

I'll be starting a conflict, using the rules already, because this is already feeling like a tense, social mexican-standoff :D. And it's just occurred to me that posting suggestions for the risks you want your opponent take might be a good idea when you want something specific for them, as I do, so I'll be doing that. These are fully optional, mind, you don't have to use them at all.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Her powers are still a WIP. Jack is another player's character. We talked about it in PM.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Will try and post ASAP

Edit: Argh BG, Jace is the only one not in an encounter yet, but I don't really want Drake and Jace to meet juuust yet. Wut do?

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Hana » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 am

Working on post but I'm having a little difficulty not making it disappointingly short. >_<;;
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Eeeeeh. If you post something short and fast, I can reply short and fast, and then you can post something again, and together, it creates length!

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:51 am

Would it be terrible if I had Drake "Level the playing field" with Dean, Carrie, and Elaine in some way?

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Not at all. Drop on in, shake things up. The less one-on-one (or two-on-one) this game is, the better.

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Alright gonna whip up a post then.

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

I can't think of anything to add to my CS. I don't want to but, if you won't accept her, I may just have to drop it. v_v

Edit: I did manage to add a little more to her power but I still need more.

Edit: I had a couple friends help me work on her power. Better?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 am

Nope. As far as I can tell, you didn't edit anything relating to my criticism at all. Your power and the concept of "pure energy" is still super vague and without any clear limitations. All you did was make it more powerful and it had too many uses to begin with. Let me walk you through it:

Belwicket wrote:Power: Whether through protective instinct or pure will

Meaningless sentence. Which one is it? It can't really be both.

Luna can control pure energy

What is pure energy? Never heard of it. From a physics perspective, it's nonsense. You'll have to explain what a word means if you're making them up.

and form it into many shapes

Given that I don't know what "pure energy" is, I have no context to know what "shapes" mean. Shapes as in triangles, squares? As in, turn the energy into matter and shape into stuff? As in types of energy, electricity, heat, so not actual "shapes"?

for any reason, whether it be to teach the curious, kill the heretics or heal her allies.

I don't care about the reasons. I care how your power works, what it can do. Who would these "curious" be to teach in this setting anyway, it's a wildly inappropriate remark. But you mention "heal allies" so I guess your power can heal? Except that doesn't really follow from the "pure energy" concept.

She can also fuse the energy she controls with anything nearby, giving her the appearance of having telekinesis.

What you seem to be trying to say here is that you can input KINETIC energy into things, therefore the telekinesis. Telekinesis is super powerful ability though, presumably "anything" includes human beings. So how can anyone defend against it? You can't just say you have a super power like telekinesis and not detail it's limitations. Plus, you ALREADY have allusions above to other stuff your power can do, healing and... shaping stuff, adding telekinesis to that just makes it doubly overpowered.

This is rare for her to do, though, but she will use it if she needs to scare someone into a retreat.

Still don't care about what your character intends to do with the power, that shit belongs in the personality section. And your power doesn't become less overpowered just because you say your character dislike using it.

With the energy, she can rip through someone's skin and bones to literally tear them to pieces without touching them.

So you can kill anyone at distance. That's super overpowered. Note how hana has a character that can do the same thing with touch.

However, being a more kind-hearted witch, she will always give someone a second chance to accept Gaia before erasing them from her world.

Again, this is about personality, not the power, and it's not a balancing factor.

Being energy, it cannot be seen. It can be felt and the effects can be seen but the energy itself is invisible.

Eh, that depends a lot on the type of energy. A lightning strike is quite visible. Also, this just makes it more overpowered.

She can also use this energy to force someone into a mental battle.

Uhm, mental battles are cool, but this makes even less sense how the power does this. Why does controlling "pure energy" mean you can mind battle people? Also, why do you need mind battle IN ADDITION to all the other stuff you can already do?

If she wins and effectively kills someone's mind, they become her mindless puppets to do with as she pleases.

More powers, for the sake of having more powers. It makes no sense that the power should be able to do this, it doesn't tie in with the character concept, and it just makes her even more powerful.

If she loses, she takes the fight physical and uses their confusion to her advantage to get a couple hard blows in, weakening her opponent.

Here you're just clarifying that even if you lose the first, you're still super strong and over powered.

She can also steal the powers of anyone she's killed physically. This is another extension of her energy. The energy can analyze a person's power when used against her then absorb it from their dead body.

Energy? Analyse? That's not what energy does. By now, it seems like this "pure energy" is basically you making up a term for "this thing I control that can do everything".

Overall, also, your power does none of the three things I require at least one of: It's not tightly linked to the character concept (why can a wiccan do telekinesis? Why can a kind-hearted person mind rape people and take over their bodies? The "pure energy" clearly isn't "natural energy" given it's uses), it's not disturbing or weird (being able to kill people in a bloody manner is not enough to be disturbing, a knife can do the same), and not especially cool or creative (it's basically a mish-mash of powers from other sources, just poorly explained).

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:16 am

Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:43 am

Energy is energy, i can't explain it better than that. It's physical, emotional, spiritual, natural, mental, everything.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 am

Well, if you can't explain it, you can't explain it. It figures, since, frankly, a term that means everything, means nothing at all. Even so, it might still be possible to come up with a proper power description if you state clearly what "pure energy" can and can't do. If what it can do is still "about everything", or a list of twelve things, it's still not acceptable.

Postby BG07 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:02 pm

She should take physics and thermodynamics first to get a better understanding of energy and then re-submit her power at a later time.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Or just drop the energy idea and focus on something different?
Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:24 am

Well, the first power she had fit better but GM didn't like it. It fit in well with what I practice. Energy control still fits in with Wicca because it is the intent behind it that is helpful or harmful. It's also the amount of focus.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:44 am

We dont care

Nobody cares
Mephobiac

Postby BG07 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 am

Belwicket wrote:Well, the first power she had fit better but GM didn't like it.

If the GM didn't like it, then it didn't fit.

From what Veg was saying up there all you need to do is better explain your powers and then cut out a few aspects to make it less overpowered. You don't have to completely stick to the way a Wicca would perceive energy, you just have to make it fit into the game's setting.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm trying to do both.
High Queen Dovahkiin

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing