When in doubt go to war

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: When in doubt go to war

Postby Everlive » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm

I do wonder if more Adventure Time characters will show up since the Nightosphere is part of Hell, we've only seen Hutson so far. I'm sure AT's Death will show up.

Now what about Kuki Sanban, Numbuh 3? She replaced Grim for a short period of time and she was kinda badass then, too.
Heart and Soul

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:45 pm

The only important Grim Adventures characters remaining are; Eris, Jack O'Lantern, Fred (aside from his cameos), Hector Con Carne, Judge Roy Spleen and Pinface.

But other supernatural characters from other shows are; Death (Adventure Time), Sartana of the Dead (El Tigre), Lucius (Jimmy Two-Shoes) and...
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't know why, but I really want to see Box Lunch for some reason. I think it's because I'm hoping to see her in Bleed's art style. If I was even remotely decent at any form of art, I'd try to enter the art contest for the chance to win and get that commission. It's an annoying itch that won't go away until we see some more characters from the Ghost Zone.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AnimeWannabe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Do you guys think that Marshall Lee from AT will appear in GT? I mean he is from the NightOSphere and the king of it as well
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby Sigment » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:13 pm

He's a gender-swapped version of Marceline. Technically, he doesn't exist.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby AnimeWannabe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 pm

That's true, but it would seem interesting if there was a family of vampires running the NightOSphere. If Marceline and Marshall are not new-born vampires at the time and have their full powers then they would probably be on Mandy's side-if war does happen- just to go against their parents. So then we have the NightOSphere having to choose loyalties, 2/4 of the family are siding with the ghosts while the other sides with the demons.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 pm

I wonder if Aku will have problems with Chi. Mimi is technically a prisoner. Whether Aku wants to do things violently or peacefully, if Chi has a different opinion, she may do something reckless.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Just so were clear, you're not a vamp tramp are you? Do you like all vampires or just Marshal' Lee/Marceline?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby AnimeWannabe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Nah, not a vamp tramp lol I just like Marceline and Marshall Lee's personalities :)

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

They're my favorite characters too. Bad little boy was my favorite musical scene. I want Marceline to appear too butt because of the timing I think if she does then she'l be fresh out of the coffin.

Postby AnimeWannabe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Awh that'll be a little sad, but it'll be refreshing to see if her personality would be any different then how it is in AT. And it would be interesting to see how she would deal with being a vampire

I haven't gotten to Bad Little Boy yet, AT barely plays on TV for me so it's difficult to watch the episodes, it's a too bad because AT is funny

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:It would be cool to see Samurai Jack as a ghost(if he is dead)

Wouldn't Jack have gone to Heaven and not the Underworld (if dead)? At the moment, I don't have any particular characters that I would like/love seeing on the council. Fred would be hilarious.

You know something I just realized. In the flashback within a flashback that had Jr explaining Grim and Mandy's relationship, didn't Grim say that Irwin had passed on (see page "Billy")? In that particular page she seemed to be near her preteens I think? Then we see him again as a Mummy-Vampire later during Mimi's flashback. I tried skimming through past pages to see if it had been brought up before or not (mainly the pages involving his first/second appearance). Anyone think he is still alive (or will make a reappearance soon)?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Ghosts come from people with souls that are not at peace. Minnie was a ghost for a bit, or am I mistaken? Jack may not be at peace.

Seeing as Irwin's half zombie, it's possible.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 pm

ari-6, I like the avatar.

blue does raise a good point though. There could be heroes that are in the Ghost Zone. I always thought of it as spirits that haven't decided to move on yet, going with the typical approach to ghosts.

I did find something of interest concerning the Ghost Zone and Earth on a wiki:
It is revealed in "Livin' Large" that the Earth and the Ghost Zone share a dimensionally symbiotic bond, which goes so far that if the Ghost Zone is destroyed, Earth will be destroyed in the process as well, and vice versa.

So Earth is probably still there and surviving.
Here's the wiki if anyone is adventurous: http://dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Zone

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Thanks, I was worried people wouldn't get it from more than a passing glance. I wouldn't mind if the focus shifted to the ghost zone but I feel that there are so many different themes and factors when it comes the the zone (which is basically an infinite number of dimensions and time zones) that you run the risk of derailing the story. However it would be a cool place to have a war. I'm a little bit worried about the war, as soon as it was said every one got exited but I'm afraid of another two year fight what with all the cameos we can expect. If he uses the plot of several of the StarWars movies and has the big battle as a distraction for a smaller mission then it could work.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Blood Lord wrote:blue does raise a good point though. There could be heroes that are in the Ghost Zone.

:'( but...b-b-b-but...I..... :'(

I think a fight in the Ghost Zone would be extremely entertaining. All the different doors and large amount of space.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 pm

It'd be cool if Jack didn't die and instead went into hiding as a hermit, only to come save the day like a badass if Aku enters the war.

But that's just wishful thinking.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Tenshi does raise a good point though. There could be heroes that are in the Ghost Zone.

There you go Tenshi c:

Your point about ghosts being restless souls now makes me wonder how many of the fallen heroes could be in the ghost zone/Underworld.

Also, I thought that it might be pretty ironic if Samurai Jack were to somehow be on the portion of the council that deals with City of Aku (If that's how the council operates).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 am

bluebluetopaz, you kind soul. :'( Please accept a gift :Bubbles: a mini Bubbles. :D

As for your thought on Jack being in the council. That would be pretty funny, as well as confusing; how Jack would end up in that situation. Something that may really mess with everyone is if Blossom was there. The storm that would bring.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 am

What if Jack had a son. What would you guys think about that. Remember buttercup had a crush on him.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:39 pm

I HIGHLY doubt Jack would ever even accidentally think of doing such a thing with Buttercup. If Jack has an offspring it would have to be with an OC character or it somehow spawned from unnatural means. Unless there was another character that I missed, but I don't remember such a character.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:45 pm

I don't know. I think it's quite possible that those two could have had some sort of romantic relationship.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, I'm sorry, I honestly just can't see that possibility. Can someone tell me how they see this as a possibility?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Why do we even need every single character we know to have a kid?

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:41 pm

We don't need it, we're all just discussing random topics. I doubt anyone here is expecting to see any of this, we're all just listing random shit we'd like to possibly see. We all probably have different opinions on the likelihood of all the different stuff, but it's not like anyone here is serious.

Except the Box Ghost thing, I feel a story with the Ghost Zone and no Box Ghost is just incomplete.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!