Blood Ties

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Blood Ties

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Why. Won't. The. Bomb. Blow. Up?
F U Im evil

Postby CuteBunnyGirl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Cant Wait till next Page COLOURFULL each colour represents a character guess which
Last edited by CuteBunnyGirl on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:{)
a nice moustache on a smiley face
Your Last Hope Is Flyig So Fly With Me

Postby rac7d » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:19 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Why. Won't. The. Bomb. Blow. Up?

Becuase it was disconnected from the power when Blossom blasted the line like 10 pages back.
Why is everyone in a rush to see what the bomb does anyway, I thought the fight presently was what we were all waiting for.

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:31 pm

rac7d wrote:Becuase it was disconnected from the power when Blossom blasted the line like 10 pages back.
Why is everyone in a rush to see what the bomb does anyway, I thought the fight presently was what we were all waiting for.

This whole shindig, which I've come to call the "Invasion Arc", started 01/01/11. Two-and-a-half donkey-boffing years ago. Since then, it's been a whole lot of people punching each other and not a whole hell of a lot of actual story. It's the same reason people complain about DBZ, nothing is actually happening. At this point, I don't even care what happens to conclude this thing, as long as it concludes and we can move on to the next arc of the story.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I want the time bomb to blow up. It did in the last chapter. You know what? "Time Bomb" sounds too conventional, how about "Vortex Bomb" or "Temporal Bomb"?
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:05 pm

rac7d wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Why. Won't. The. Bomb. Blow. Up?

Becuase it was disconnected from the power when Blossom blasted the line like 10 pages back.

The bomb exploded. The only reason we are doing this is to see how it happened.

When it goes off we can move on with the rest of the story.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby rac7d » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Isn't the bomb going to reverse time?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Although I agree it's dragged out, and that the tone of these things are all over the place. But it's the cartoon style. Cartoons, at least how I perceived it, switches tones randomly all the time. I was thinking of a funny moment where Bell would slip on Blossom's bow before Buttercup intervened. It's the style. I enjoy it at least. :)
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 pm

rac7d wrote:Isn't the bomb going to reverse time?

I hope not.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby rac7d » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Well it's a temporal bomb and he said that what was coming would not be the future, yet his greatest triumph.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Said who? Look, you got to be a little bit more specific to things like this. You could be referring to Dr X (which you need the page link so the rest of the people can see it) or you could be talking about something that BR said.

Don't worry though, I got your lazy ass covered on this one.
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=268

Read it again. He doesn't know what will happen, only that he "cannot tell you it is... the future."

That's not implying that your going to go backwards into time.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

I simply cannot tell that it is...the future.

I honestly don't see how this can imply going back in time. The way I see it, the bomb is sending them to a future, but not specifically their future. He wants to tell Zim that what he's done is the future, or is sending them to the future. But, he can't just call it that, because w/e is going to happen isn't that simple.
Rocks

Postby CrimsonRaine » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am

Bitch mode level assessment:
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Krest » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 pm

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!

Sorry BubblesCute, looks like CuteBunnyGirl is the new mascot.

CuteBunnyGirl wrote:I wonder if you wan put a you tube video on a comment thingy?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?? [Curious]

Yes you can. Instead of using quick reply, use full reply or Quote someone. Then press the Youtube button and put the url between the ] and [.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Meh, Bubbles it probably still alive fighting off the cluster robots at this moment, we already saw what happened to her in the last chapter. I'm just curious to see how this battle will end because everyone (except for Bell) has some serious damage

That brings up a good question. Bell is already quite strong, but is that strength limited? If the PPGs had trained more before this point, could they have beaten down Bell? Would Bell be unable to train to their level if that was the case?

As for the fight that never ends, I agree. Some characters had too much screen time, others no screen time. I'm glad this comic isn't as bad with cliffhangers as Grim Tales, but there's a limit to how long any scene can go. If you wanted to drag out a battle, you should have made a video of that battle. Actually, you should have made clips for each battle. Gotten an animator on it or something.

If you wanted to make the battles this long, better to animate them instead of spending 2 years drawing pages. I know you do multiple comics at once, and I love them all, but no one comic should have a fight lasting this long - period.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Sigment » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Krest wrote:
CuteBunnyGirl wrote:I wonder if you wan put a you tube video on a comment thingy?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?? [Curious]

Yes you can. Instead of using quick reply, use full reply or Quote someone. Then press the Youtube button and put the url between the ] and [.

Not entirely accurate. Inside the YouTube button, you put the video ID.
Code: Select all
YouTube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDWsCPe2Ig

Therefore: [youtube]LbDWsCPe2Ig[/youtube]
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby BeeAre » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:04 pm

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:
rac7d wrote:Becuase it was disconnected from the power when Blossom blasted the line like 10 pages back.

This whole shindig, which I've come to call the "Invasion Arc", started 01/01/11. Two-and-a-half donkey-boffing years ago. Since then, it's been a whole lot of people punching each other and not a whole hell of a lot of actual story. It's the same reason people complain about DBZ, nothing is actually happening. At this point, I don't even care what happens to conclude this thing, as long as it concludes and we can move on to the next arc of the story.

I am not allowed to run this story how I want. I run it how Bleedman presents it. His presentation is slow, because this is not the only comic he does.

His presentation for these comics on Snafu is: Each page is meant to offer something on its own, because he can't guarantee that he will offer more pages quickly, in regular succession. Therefore, I write each page as he gives them to me in the manner that best suits the middle ground between the page being an almost independent act and still being technically a narrative.

I agree with you outright that I want the story to go faster. But I'm not the artist. I'm the writer. I am sorry the pace is too slow for you, my friend. I mourn it with you. Keep in mind, however, that this being the context, you are giving a criticism to something under the assumption that it is something it isn't, even if ideally it shouldn't be what it is. So while I rebuke your criticism gently, I agree with you on it going on for too long. Bleedman doesn't JUST do this comic, and each page can take between 6-12 hours to make on his own.

Petition him on his DA to accept help with the flats and renderings. He does the lines, someone else does the color. We get a faster narrative. He doesn't want help. I really have tried to make him accept help. He doesn't take it!

Despite this, I am the site admin and I am working behind the scenes headhunting people to try and produce more regular content in more places so while there are gaps between each comic, more comics are there to keep cycling through different narratives. I'm also trying to make sure all those narratives are compelling.

So I have hopes for the future, but again, I can only apologize and say that I'm not currently in charge at the end of the day, when it comes to this comic, and frankly all the comics on Snafu.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Small details of Bleedman, provided by BR, sounds like one of the reasons they didn't animate it. Animation would also require audio to match it, the comic itself has good dialogue. So in order for them to animate it, they would need approval for all those involved, animators/sound and voice actors. There are some more things that would be needed, but animating a series or a fight scene isn't that easy. If they were to just animate this fight, we'd lose character development, dramatic cliff hangers banter, etc. If this was a short 5-10 minute fight scene with half-assed animations, poorly synchronized audio, and no/terrible voice actors; I wouldn't enjoy it as much as reading the pages as they come. No one wants to wait long periods of time for pages to come out, just remember that it isn't easy.
Rocks

Postby Krest » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:56 pm

The video doesn't need audio. Plenty of videos don't have audio. The speech bubbles could still be included for words, sort of like videos that show shifting comics.

Getting a team of animators wouldn't be a problem since Newgrounds is like a catalog.

What BeeAre just said - about him not accepting help - is the only real problem with that idea. Plus it being too late now... >.>

But yeah, I think people will be fine as long as the fight ends soon.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 pm

I was mainly referring to the feel of it. When watching an animation would you not rather hear the effects, instead of seeing fists clash and lasers going off without a sound? Whereas reading a comic, it's widely accepted to not expect sounds. The speech bubbles option is more convenient and less time consuming , so I admit voice actors aren't needed. Bleedman sounds a bit picky, so for them animators would be a problem, but that roots from the Bleedman problem, so I'll drop that one as well. It is too late, but I was speaking for why they might not have in the past.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the bomb is going off for at least a few more pages. It be awesome if Sam just falls from the ceiling, land on the bomb, and accidentally activated while we're still in the light tone of the battle. Not the most epic way to go out, but it'd explain Sam not appearing on Dexter's scan and it'd end the fight. After that being said, I also don't believe we'll see a quick end to this, something will hopefully come up that will take our minds off the prolonged arc just for a moment, and it will be followed by the end everyone is waiting for. This is my honest opinion.

My friend got me to watch Game of Thrones, it's affecting my language slightly recently. :p
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 am

@Beeare: Thanks for the insight on why the updates are irregular, yet slow. It gives us a little perspective. I myself try not to complain too much about the speed of the updates. After all, it's not like me or anyone else here is paying you to do these comics, right? Well, at least I assume that these comics are nonprofit.

It seems like things moved a lot faster back in 2010, when Seiryuga worked for you guys. Is there a specific reason Bleed won't except help from anyone else?

Tenshi Nova wrote:I honestly don't see how this can imply going back in time. The way I see it, the bomb is sending them to a future, but not specifically their future. He wants to tell Zim that what he's done is the future, or is sending them to the future. But, he can't just call it that, because w/e is going to happen isn't that simple.

From what I can gather, this bomb somehow kicks off Jack's story, and makes him fully aware of the events in GT, and there for, he sets out to stop it from happening, or at least I assume. So if this bomb sends people to the future, I have to wonder if everyone will be sent to the same point in time, or even the same timeline in general. However I could be wrong.

I know PpGD has a happier ending than GT. So I'm hoping well get to see the alternative future for Megaville, shortly after this bomb goes off.

Postby NallCalmer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:54 am

ah see that? nothing those girls can't endure. they're better off united than separated. i'm only hoping and waiting for more team-ups like this later on.
Demons, superhumans. Meh. Same crap, different day.

Postby CuteBunnyGirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:48 am

~goes on iPad~
~Goes on snafu~
~reads PpgD comic and new grim Jr. comic~
~reads comment on PpgD~
~finds my profile picture on one of the coments~
o.O ~reads cmment~
a mascot \(^3^)/ I has no idea what so ever what that is but I think it AMAZING
so I can post a video ~puts a big grin on face~ :grin: heh heh heh heh heh
im gonna put a random video of PpgD on this comment don't mind me

I think its a fan made video for the opening for this comic I don't know its random :mrgreen:
Last edited by BeeAre on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: BR: Please read the rules, five emoticons per post. The hyperbole of repeating your emoticons makes you sound enthusiastic to the point of also sounding crazy. :\
:{)
a nice moustache on a smiley face
Your Last Hope Is Flyig So Fly With Me

Postby Sigment » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Damn... just, damn...
CuteBunnyGirl wrote: I think its a fan made video for the opening for this comic I don't know its random :mrgreen:
It is an opening, but the only random part is Red near the end. Though her versus the girls would be interesting. Odds are, she's in here because Bleed had her appear in Sugar Bits. Technically, she's an Ever After character (And talking about it makes me miss it).
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:09 pm

What were they called? JackBots, from Xiaolin Showdown. Would be interesting if the bomb were to just send them to another version of the world and a huge dump of other characters join the mix. Just to show off.

I read EverAfter, and I craze for MORE. What happened to it? It'd be nice to see that video with the new style.
Rocks

Postby Tuor » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 pm

If you look around the EA forum I'm sure you'll find the answer
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!