New Grim Tales: "When in doubt go to war" (7/1/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales: "When in doubt go to war" (7/1/13)

Postby Sigment » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 am

So, Mandy's about to start an underworld-altering event? What else is new?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Re: New Grim Tales: "When in doubt go to war" (7/1/13)

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:55 am

full swing war talk, nice. however jr is absent, not even in his own room. possibly next page?

also mandy mentions "what i can do" kinda peeked my interests, can't wait for next update

Postby Exodis » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:15 am

I wonder how the realms will side with each other, kind of like the World War. The war could be called the "Underworld War".

Also, Mimi looks adorable sleeping.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:26 am

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:full swing war talk, nice. however jr is absent, not even in his own room. possibly next page?

How would you know junior's not there? That's just Mimi under the bed. That doesn't say anything about junior not being there.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:full swing war talk, nice. however jr is absent, not even in his own room. possibly next page?

How would you know junior's not there? That's just Mimi under the bed. That doesn't say anything about junior not being there.

lights are off and he's not in bed. he has a computer, but it would brighten the room. so he is not were we can see him or have the ability to know he's there vicariously. seems reasonable, that he isn't in his room.

EDIT: is that a tablet on his night stand? why? he has a computer and we he leaves his house he doesn't take it?

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:04 am

been awhile since we've seen Grim, i feel - i missed that jamaican accent because even though he's talking about war, i can't help imagining him speaking in his laid back voice from the show
also, i suspect Mandy is preparing Minnie to actually kill, perhaps in the war she wants to start
and aww, it seems Mimi really prefers to sleep under the bed, how cute~

p.s. jeez i haven't posted in so long, i've been lurking every now and again for a while now - hi guys
ImageImage
Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Facebook // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Your Queen Your God

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:00 am

Hello :D
I wonder if Junior is on his balcony. We now know the distance Minnie is shooting at, I was hoping it to be about 25% further.
The only question I want to know, that's still standing, is what Mandy's plan for Mimi is. If she plans to start a war against Him, Mimi's position is interesting. Him has started a war before for his daughter, one that resulted in the destruction of Megaville. If an Underworld war starts, I'm expecting many characters to reference the Megaville War. Past warriors that proved themselves in the war and character dialogue that might include all their past connections to Megaville.

Question, what does the 5 mean in your name Haruhi? Cuz it reminded me of Endless 8. :)
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:06 am

Still sleeping under the bed. I guess she knows the real monsters aren't under there...

I wonder if Grim will find a way to end this... "Peacefully."
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby punzil504 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 am

I read this page and thought of squeaky pirate...

Last edited by punzil504 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby silvercover » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:10 am

always good to see mandy proclaiming who's boss around here.

as for what mandy may have done, could she have killed a demon lord or something? pretty much the only other thing I can think of other than the fall of megaville.

Postby Sigment » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 pm

I believe my favorite depiction of the Grim Reaper is when he takes no pleasure in his work, when he has a conscience and morals.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Minnie's scars in her last panel make it look as if she is crying.

Lots of stuff on this page to look at an consider. I'm predicting Grim will find Jr outside of the castle on his walk.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 pm

At least we can tell Mimi has feet.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm

HAHAHA, Bitch-Mandy.

I hate it in Fanfictions when they give her humanity. She's gonna bring down the dance floor. w00t!

EDIT: is that a tablet on his night stand? why? he has a computer and we he leaves his house he doesn't take it?

Maybe his life doesn't revolve around technology. Maybe he's playing baseball. Or, the most likely option- angsting that something's wrong with Jeff and Mommy wants to blow up the dance floor.

Or using toothpaste to fill in the holes on his skull left by Mimi's teeth.

I wonder how the realms will side with each other, kind of like the World War. The war could be called the "Underworld War".

If it doesn't get commented in the comic that it'll be called the 'Underworld War' I will lose my faith in humanity.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby myneopetsarestarving » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:03 pm

If we assume Mandy's most likely chance of crushing Him is by having as much allies of other realms of the Underworld as possible, would it make sense for junior's father to be one of the leaders of them? Maybe like a pact but only broken if junior dies. Mandy did something like that with Dark Danny.

Him already seems to be allied with Hunson and Aku for the war. Mandy has Grim (of course), and probably Danny (whom i'm assuming might take control of the Ghost Zone). Now the're 7 realms of the Underworld. We know five: Ghost Zone, Castle of Grim, Land of Tainted Souls, Nightoshpere, and City of Aku. My guess is that the sixth land is of Nergal, and since Nergal Junior has a likely chance of running it, it may be aligned with Mandy. That means that the War would go to whoever could get the seventh realm on their side, tipping the balances.

Postby Savvy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm unsure. So far, the Nightosphere and Aku City looks like they'd be closer to Him, but we're not sure of how they relate to Grim's domain. The Ghost Zone might decide to be neutral unless Walker thinks one of the other leaders broke some sort of code or inter-dimensional law. I'm most intrigued on what the council is. Is it all the leaders of the realm, or is it some other group we're not even aware of.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:23 pm

It looks like Mandy could take on the other three Lords with or without Walker's help and still be fine. She got herself, Death, and a Nergal-Reaper Hybrid, just to name a few. I'm sure Dark Danny would show up again.

She also appears to be the top dog out of the realms listed.

Postby Saint Soul » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Ghost Zone has Pariah Dark.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:48 pm

In the show, or movie forgot which, the ghosts actually had kids. What were the names again? Box Lunch is the one I remember. I think Skulker and the Techno guy also combined into a big ass ghost robot. These ghosts and their children may play a big role in this war. I also recall Clockwork speaking with large eyeball-faced people about changing the timeline. Those guys were Observers, I think. They don't interfere directly with events but they can also be(or a part of) the council Grim is referring to.

5 Realms were introduced to us. We know The Land of Tainted Souls and Aku City are aligned. I'm assuming Grimskull and the Ghost Zone are together due to Grim's relationship with Clockwork. The Nightosphere seems to be sided to Him, so we'll see what happens.

We must remember Mandy's vault full 'o' goodies.

As for Junior and Minnie being involved in this war. I'd like to bring up my theory of Him using Mimi and Chi has counter offsprings against Mandy's children. So, I'm assuming Mandy will want them to battle, and Him will want to find a way to keep them out the battles, since Mimi is their prisoner and Chi doesn't seem too combat savvy.

A couple posts I made in the other thread for about the page.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Etherian » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:08 pm

It is interesting that for all the years GT has been going, we still know little about adult Mandy. Is she the heartless tyrant that everyone portrays her as? She says she acts for her family, but her statement is not very convincing. She also calls herself ruthless and vindictive, yet does so somewhat facetiously. How much is act and how much truth? Is she a loving mother who plays the Ice Bitch to protect her family, or is she as callous as she seems, only playing parent because it suits her goals?

When Mandy is talking to Minnie, I can feel subtext. Is Mandy threatening what she might do should Minnie or Junior betray her? Either way, I hope "what I can do" just refers to her general badassery. I always imagined Mandy using her savvy to rule, without need for any special powers.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this "Great Divide". I'd like to see it expanded on, even if only a little. Maybe if there is an Underworld War, The Great Divide will be known as Underworld War I. :)

Blood Lord wrote:It looks like Mandy could take on the other three Lords with or without Walker's help and still be fine. She got herself, Death, and a Nergal-Reaper Hybrid, just to name a few. I'm sure Dark Danny would show up again.
While Junior and DD would both make powerful allies, do we even know if Grim can fight? In the show he was usually portrayed as a wimp, and I do not remember him fighting anyone in the comic.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh, I'm sure Mandy toughened him up a bit, it's hard to find really fun scythe play nowadays, but Grim would most likely be a spell caster imo.

As for the Great Divide, seeing as it has a name that can bring up a lot of speculation and a very good conversation topic. I honestly don't feel like talking about it. There isn't any hint to what it is beside the fact that it was a war the involved the Underworld. Is it a reference to Heaven and Hell possibly being one? Is the possibility that he's referring to continental drift(I doubt, but it has the name for it)? The realms splitting? Information yet to be introduced? Just another war that might never be spoken of again?
Unless someone can bring in relevant and a more solid piece of information about it, we'd just be all over the place about this.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 pm

maybe divide has a more literal sense than one would first think? all the underworlds are floating landmasses, yes? prehaps they were once a single landmass prior to this event. so the term would have dual meaning. just a thought.

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I love how Grim is still looking at that thing in the contain he's holding.

plus am I the only one hoping to see some form of a Horsemen of War in this council their talking about?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who noticed the whole Council deal! Cause like if Mandy, Grim, HIM and Aku qualify as Lords of the Underworld, who can possibly be badass enough to be part of a council that the Lords defer to for disputes between each other.
Also I don't think that the Horsemen can be the council cause Death is supposed to be one of the Four Horsemen and Grim is technically Death...Right? Or am I getting something wrong here?

And on a completely unrelated note but that I just feel the urge to *SQUEEEE!!!!* over like a psychotic freak! Is anyone else sooo excited for Sherlock Season 3!!!!!!! w00t :bigsmile: :angel: :happy: ^_^
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Exodis » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:And on a completely unrelated note but that I just feel the urge to *SQUEEEE!!!!* over like a psychotic freak! Is anyone else sooo excited for Sherlock Season 3!!!!!!! w00t :bigsmile: :angel: :happy: ^_^

Uhh... huh?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)