Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 am

Your first notion is correct, hate via personality.

I mean look at all of the characters in GT. Is any of the characters really hated? The closest I can think is Mandy, but even then there is a grudging respect for what she has done and who she is. there really isn't that much hate going for her. Him? Maybe, but he's potentially an interesting villain. Ain't nobody here that has a issue with Aku. As for the main four (Chi, Jr, Minnie, and Mimi) they both have their own cults that want to have sex with them.

No one is hated. There isn't that focus (idk what I'm talking about now).

I feel like the villains need to be better too.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:45 am

Something that hasn't popped up in a while. My favorite movie from my childhood was Nightmare Before Christmas. So needless to say when I read the beginning I was as giddy as a little kid on Christmas. Back to point though, Lock, Shock and Barrel. Not the best villains, but I'd love to see them pop in.

I honestly don't see GT to have a real hateful villain. No matter how I see it, they're all in Hell. Unless they're willing to pull out the real fucked up shit, I can't see them making a hateful character. I also doubt they'd pass the fine line between mild and complete disgust.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 am

I think Lock, Shock, and Barrel got reaped by the punkinator. But i wouldn't mind Skeleton Jack to reappear.
Not picky on which one.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:27 am

I wonder if this comic takes place before or after the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. It would be fun to see Grim mention referencing it somewhere along the line. Something like, "Jack's gone and done it now. He was always te curious one of us." Just a thought. :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:49 am

I feel like I missed a really interesting conversation. Typical. But if were talking about really hating a character and the characters you love to hate but like at the same time, I can think of no better example than Accelerator from index. First time you see him he's ripping the legs of of little girls, but yet he just looks so cool. Compared to that there aren't really any characters I feel particularly strongly about, good or bad.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby DarkKing » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:51 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I wonder if this comic takes place before or after the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. It would be fun to see Grim mention referencing it somewhere along the line. Something like, "Jack's gone and done it now. He was always te curious one of us." Just a thought. :D

This takes place after the movie. Jack and Sally weren't together until the end of the movie.

ari-6 wrote:feel like I missed a really interesting conversation. Typical. But if were talking about really hating a character and the characters you love to hate but like at the same time, I can think of no better example than Accelerator from index. First time you see him he's ripping the legs off of little girls, but yet he just looks so cool. Compared to that there aren't really any characters I feel particularly strongly about, good or bad.

I hated Chi when she first showed up. But now that we've found out a bit more about her character I don't hate her as much anymore. She still kind of irritates me though.
Last edited by DarkKing on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Everlive » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:57 am

Blood Lord wrote:Your first notion is correct, hate via personality.

I mean look at all of the characters in GT. Is any of the characters really hated? The closest I can think is Mandy, but even then there is a grudging respect for what she has done and who she is. there really isn't that much hate going for her. Him? Maybe, but he's potentially an interesting villain. Ain't nobody here that has a issue with Aku. As for the main four (Chi, Jr, Minnie, and Mimi) they both have their own cults that want to have sex with them.

No one is hated. There isn't that focus (idk what I'm talking about now).

I feel like the villains need to be better too.

Yeah, there are no hated characters in GT, except for HIM being the closest to it because of what he's done and Dark Danny for doing stuff to Mandy behind Grim's back but they still aren't hated.

@Bold: You know too much... :redface:
Heart and Soul

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:50 pm

imo, Accelerator is a different kind of character. True he was widely hated at first,and people like him more now, but he's the badass character. I'm talking in terms for a timeskip by lovable or hated. I mean they have to be weak(or at least not strong), so that a timeskip will show greater change in their abilities. If a character like Accelerator comes up, all a timeskip would do is show mental(emotional) development, and most time skip(all that I've heard of anyway) always has at least one character where an upgrade is wanted, expected, and edge of your seat exciting. Imo, none of the current characters, Junior included, interests me to that point.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!