And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Assuming Nurse, Ristolainen and Zadorov are gone by the time the Flyers pick, what do you think of them picking Heatherington?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm honestly not sure on Hetherington. If Risto isn't there I'd rather see them move down and pick up Mueller, Zadorov and/or Hagg with someone else's picks. What happened with Zadorov that he plummeted out of the top 10 skaters? Like he was talked about being in the same league with Nurse or Risto and now he's not ranked in either top 10.

There's talk on Monahan, but if there's anything the Flyers don't need at this point it's another defensively responsible 2 way centerman. He'll be buried under Giroux, Schenn, Coots, Laughton and maybe even Talbot.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 pm

There's also Pulock who fell out of the NA top 10.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Wow, you guys change topics fast as hell.

Hiryu>> You should still get it checked out.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:57 pm

No one else was talking so we jumped to hockey, it's the most wonderful time of the year for boneheaded GM decisions.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:58 pm

When Whatis and I know that the other is on we tend to work some hockey talk in here, because we're the only two who talk about it.

There's also Pulock who fell out of the NA top 10.

I just figured Heatherington would fit what was being looked for: big, strong, shut down d-man who clear the creas eand can skate. I don't know much about Pulock
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Ah right. I didn't see the "ON AIR" sign turn red.
I'll leave the "Hockey Time with Tuor and Whatis" set.
Carry on.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Haha, you can feel free to bring something up to talk about, we just tend to shift to hockey talk if no one's actively discussing anything
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Scouting says Pulock is a 2 way dman with a real heavy shot, he's 6-1 210 and right shooting. He's just been bit by the injury bug which is a risk. I'm still trying to figure out why Zadorov fell from like the top 5 to 22. I'd also say the Flyers more so need a solid 2 way dman, the problem is defensemen are rarely ready to be top pair in their rookie season.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:24 pm

heatherington did jump offensively this season, some people are seeing him as two way. He's 6' 4" or 3". Anyhow, ya, it's weird that he fell that far, I don't remember hearing or reading anything negative
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:37 pm

If they're lucky Zadorov falls to the 2nd round and grab him there. It's still a long shot on defensemen, because they do develop later, I also think the Flyers are going to look a little more at college kids for UFA rookies.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Went to the beach today. Froze my ass, body, and dick off but was pretty cool.
Yup, this is summer fun.

The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 pm

At least it isn't thunderstorms for 3 weeks.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:05 pm

That'd be awesome.
Offended.

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 pm

I <3 Thunderstorms.
It's pretty rare here but it looks awesome when you're outside watching the lightning strikes it from a distance. And the thunder booms? Gives me chills...

The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah it gets annoying after a week of once a day at like 5 in the afternoon. And then you find out it's another 2 weeks of the same shit.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Morpheus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm

I have the same weather.
It's worse if you have to work in the stuff.

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Damn, that's gotta suck big time

The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:14 am

It's annoying after a week or so.

So the Flyers are after Halak, those pads would look great in Orange and Black.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 am

Oh really? Hmmm…

TCM is having a film noir marathon, I'm watching "The Big Sleep" and having a beer.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 am

But again Homer's got a bunch of balls in the air. I'm also trying to figure out why anyone in the front office is willing to trade Coburn, he's the most reliably healthy defensemen and easily the best skater. Mez is injury plagued anymore and not as confident and Grossmann is a stay at home beast but he's got no offensive upside.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:23 am

Coburn has an offensive upside?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:31 am

He hasn't used it since he was partnered with Timonen and it fell into disrepair. And it's still better than what Grossmann, Gervais or Luke have to offer as far as a shot, skating or occasional quarterbacking. The big problem was he got used as a number one defenseman without having another top pairing guy with him, usually it was Grossmann or Gervais. He'll hopefully be better off this year with Timonen or Streit as his partner. Like trading Coburn for Bobby Ryan makes no sense, you're dealing from a position of shallowness to one of depth. Hell I'd love to see some insane package for Halak and Petro but I doubt that will happen. The Flyers have 9 mil in cap when Pronger goes on LTIR.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 am

Randori wrote:Went to the beach today. Froze my ass, body, and dick off but was pretty cool.
Yup, this is summer fun.

I hate you.

It was over 100 degrees over here and I had to work in the god damn sun for around 4 hours... YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WATER I WENT THROUGH AND SWEAT OUT?! I just... no. Just no. And on top of that everyone was getting sick, headaches, and plenty of customers were getting pretty aggressive and rude, even in the parking lot with each other. Not "a lot" a lot with customers being that way, but a good handful more than regular to be very noticeable. This sort of thing's been going on for like a week. It's only just broke 100 today, but tomorrow it's expected to be the same and thank god I will not be going through that all again. I switched with someone to my pleasure who I'd been planning on switching with anyways to get something done tomorrow. Also, it's still in the 70s right now and it's almost midnight...

I. HATE. SUMMER.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Hiroko » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:16 am

Here, have a super cute animation to cheer you up.

The Sentimental One

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!