Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:58 pm

We she not do so with Phantom, halfas are powerful. I remember you saying that Minnie might be there just to protect Junior, which I find the most likely. Having a halfa to lead a royal guard? I'm sure it would sound appealing to any lord of the Underworld.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 pm

In some ways I'm glad and in others disappointed that AB was retconned out. Story sucked but on the other hand coming back to the main characters when their older was a pretty cool idea. Not that AB anything to do with the point I was trying to make.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:We she not do so with Phantom, halfas are powerful. I remember you saying that Minnie might be there just to protect Junior, which I find the most likely. Having a halfa to lead a royal guard? I'm sure it would sound appealing to any lord of the Underworld.

I can't understand what you said in the first part, but indeed. And for the longest time, which I can't remember what I said about this, but I know I brought it up before, there was the idea that was made that Mandy is having children to increase her own personal power base. Stability of doing that on the other hand could back fire with devastating results though.

ari-6 wrote:Story sucked but on the other hand coming back to the main characters when their older was a pretty cool idea.

Oh it is cool to see characters advance like that. Its the reason that got me interested in PpGD and GT in the first place.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18968
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Biocolor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Ok can we please move off the subject of Mandy and Danny having sex please. Your going to give me disturbing images so please let us move on to say JR and Mimi. Just something off topic of Mandy and Danny.
offline
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: you don't need to know
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 pm

That's some strange typo I made lol. I said that if Mandy had made sure to have Minnie, would she not do so with Phantom? A nergal/human hybrid AND a halfa. If she's not pregnant now, she would find a way to make sure. Also I'd like to say if we do see one child being born, or even in the event of twins, I predict girl(s). Sorry, Manny.

Biocolor, I didn't get the impression you were into pedolicious incest. Only joking, but try to word what you say in the future a bit more clearly. It sounds like you want to move away from Grim/Mandy's sex life and into Junior/Minnie's own rule 34.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Biocolor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Sorry not what I meant. And I didn't say it was Minnie I said Mimi.
Last edited by Biocolor on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
offline
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: you don't need to know
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Maybe one day Bleed will try again to create a story in which we see the core cast as young adults but I think he should move into it gradually as opposed to jumping into it like he did with AB. It would be a shame to disregard the idea entirely but I have no idea his opinion on the matter after the AB thing. The incident might have put him off the idea of trying altogether. Plus the character designs for AB were in my opinion the some of the best he has come up with, the redesigns we saw in the cover for this chapter were nice though.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

ari-6 wrote:Story sucked but on the other hand coming back to the main characters when their older was a pretty cool idea.

Blood Lord wrote:Oh it is cool to see characters advance like that. Its the reason that got me interested in PpGD and GT in the first place.

Same here although I think a 15 year leap advance would have been awesome for a sequel PPG show, everyone's grown up, throw in some new bad-ass villains, add a growing plot and ta-da easy epic show.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby gottabeperfect » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 am

Decided to finally read the Grim series today. So glad I did. I have enjoyed myself silly. Went through all the chapters to be right on schedule and fully up-to-date. Lovely work, very enjoyable. So many references and continuations within this storyline. A glorious day to be a villain indeed. I shall follow this now.
offline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:47 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 am

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forums just as much as you enjoy the comics. Just don't use the color font too much around here.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Welcome Welcome Gottabeperfect. When you are waiting for the next update make sure to come here to discuss and explain anything slightly related to the page. Still funny as h*ll to read through the forums though.

Side note: I found this and was wondering if Grim ever sees this guy.
Image
Spread a little Chaos
Image
Let Chaos Rule
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 pm

I like those characters that simply cannot die.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

It's not that he couldn't die, but that he would always inexplicably come back. At one point, he stayed dead from that point on.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Biocolor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:08 pm

No I just think that death got tired of him coming back so each time he died he brought him back to life.
offline
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: you don't need to know
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:08 am

I think a timeskip would be better after a more lovable character is introduced. No offense to any of the current characters, but they don't have the 'OMFG, AWESOME UPGRADES SRhrifsre3w4styrh6' factor, when reading AB. At least not to me. With Chi's introduction a timeskip becomes a little more interesting. Seeing her start from barely shape shifting to Aku level, and maybe beyond. But still, I don't see that extremely lovable character that everyone's dying to see get an upgrade.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 am

He could probably do a time skip of a few months. Normally breaking and entering a castle, and trying to find and rescue/kill/steal someone takes some time. Look over the blueprints, guards locations and routes, getting the required gear, and making an exit strategy is not something that you can do over night. Look at Assassin's Creed games, in game time you often take several weeks to kill a major Templar, and you take years/decades to kill the big bad boss.
Image
Spread a little Chaos
Image
Let Chaos Rule
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 am

Chi doesn't seem like one for months of planning to me, also could you give an example of what you mean by extremely lovable character? What kind of character do you think the main cast is missing?
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:06 pm

If anything they need someone you just hate.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18968
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:18 pm

and hey look! Chi's resume fits the job description! Lets hate that spoiled brat!
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I have no reason to hate her, and yours is terrible. Don't hate someone because they were raised differently than you. That's where we get all of the racism and other bigoted views.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18968
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 pm

As for lovable character, I it's hard to say, because people have different opinions. My opinion of a lovable character would be Toph from Avatar: Last Airbender. When I found the continuation comics for Last Airbender and all the extras, I loved it.    Toph and Bumi had a duel!    As for Bloodlord's comment on a hateful character, I ask for an example. Because all I can think of for hateful are characters that are hateful, but can still be liked because of some backstory and whatnot.


Though I agree with Bloodlord, my friends and I are okay with racism to a comedic point. We're racist, but only up to a joking point. Same with many stereotypes.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:As for Bloodlord's comment on a hateful character, I ask for an example.

Direct example? Not off the top of my head, except for collage math, which is what I'm doing right now. Ain't nobody like that shit, not even the math majors.

All I can give you is my personal judgements on what causes me to hate a character.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18968
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Since I already used a Last Airbender reference I'll use another. When you say hateful I think of someone like Azula or maybe Ozai. I like Azula even though she's a hated and hateful character. I also respect Ozai even though I dislike him. Did you mean either of these kinds of hateful?

As for college math, I'm indifferent. :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Sort of like that. The difficult thing is that they were still villains and villains are liked for slightly different reasons. For example heroes are liked for the actions they do, and the characteristics they show. Villains are liked because of their bad ass swag.

Let me get a little bit more specific here, even though I brought this up. Are we talking about people hating a character by their personality or by what they do.

Like in Last Airbender, I don't like Soka because he comes across as an idiot to me. But I admire him quite a bit because he is the normal person out of a team of Benders and can hold his own. He thinks about the problems, plans, and does the best he can.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18968
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:16 am

If by your earlier statement for hateful you meant personality, I'm getting this from the Sokka example, I understand now. If not, I was thinking more towards the hateful in both sense, irritable personality and terrible acts, but can still be connected with or respected. I honestly didn't have a shred of respect for Ozai until reading the comics. SPOILER ALERT -    In the comics, Zuko went to Ozai as council for he was having troubles making decisions as the new Fire Lord. Ozai's answers opened my eyes and imho made perfect sense to why he acted as he did. Not to mention in the more recent release, learning the dark secret behind Ursa.   
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests