New Grim Tales"Woman's intuition...righhhhhht..."(5/16/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales"Woman's intuition...righhhhhht..."(5/16/2013)

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Interesting you bring up Teen Titans. Anyone who hasn't watched it all I warn that I'm spoiling the ending here.

In Teen Titans, during the last season the majority of them were captured, and a bunch of rag tag teams came together to free the captured. I assume that Him had the sense to kill all the heroes he got his claws on, ofc you never know, some villains like to have their James Bond Villain moment. I still think it'd be ridiculous to see a small force of left over heroes invading the Underworld, but I don't see the possibility being impossible.

Off Topic:
I recently learned about Duela Dent. New favorite female. Just wanted to make a mention, while on the topic of heroes/villains. :D
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:I like to think of Megaville like a centralized hub for Superheros

Agreed. I don't think the rest of the world has been destroyed or looking like Megaville. Nor were all of the superheroes destroyed. Plus we have their own kids to consider as well.

If Him did take it all over, why is he not ruling up there? He had a different object, something else he wanted other than the conquest of the world. He wanted Mimi.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Another theory I'm not sure if I shared or not:
Did it say Him was immortal? I think I mentioned something a while ago on the possibility that Aku and the other immortals being friends with Grim, or made a deal with him. If they were friends, Grim would let them live forever as a perk, and we know Grim is willing to make bets lol If deals were made and bets were lost, maybe even wishes granted, connections with Grim would be made. If Him isn't immortal, he could be seeking it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:23 pm

From PPG lore, its assumed that Him is immortal, and I think it is reasonable to agree with that.

Very little is known about him when compared to Aku or Grim. He is some sort of demon, so time wouldn't affect him in the manner it does mortals. I don't think he is on Mandy's level of immortality. She'll die only if Grim permits it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Aw, what fun is it to have Death in the story if everyone's immortal? :frown:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Aside from comedic effect? idk
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:19 pm

I don't see any Death comic relief happening unless itty bitty demons start sing and dancing about how Grim's all washed up again but considering the fact, and I'm just shooting for how a wife(Queen Bitch no less) would feel, Grim's reputation directly reflects on Many. I don't thing she would allow a thing like that to happen...unless she's the one abusing Grim cause it just makes her look all the more Badass!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I don't remember it being mentioned before, but does Grim have the ability to strip the immortality from immortal beings? Or is this something outside of his capabilities? As the "Master of Life and Death" (something the grim wikia referred to him as) would he? This conversation sort of reminds me of that episode in Family guy    where death is injured and no one dies at all (spoiler tags are just in case)   . So I was wondering if something similar was going on here with Grim or if it was ever mentioned in the show (I don't remember whether or not it was mentioned on the show)?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:05 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:I don't see any Death comic relief happening

I was referring to Grim, not the actual event of death. At least that is the way that I took it from the capitalization of death indicating it to be a title and not a event.

Grim has always been a sort of a joke. Not as bad as Billy, but not as serious as Mandy.

bluebluetopaz wrote:but does Grim have the ability to strip the immortality from immortal beings? Or is this something outside of his capabilities? As the "Master of Life and Death"

I would guess that it would depend on how the immortality was granted. What I'm thinking is that if he gives the immortality, then it would be possible for him to remove that. He's got to be bound by a deal in that case like he was with Jack from the TV show. What I'm getting from that is that he doesn't go back on his word. But I don't think he has the "authority" to remove immortality from a being who got it from a different entity, like Archangel's immortality, those who posses it naturally, or got it from an artifact like the fountain of youth.

It's got to be part of the power balance or Grim could just go remove whoever he felt like.

bluebluetopaz wrote:So I was wondering if something similar was going on here with Grim or if it was ever mentioned in the show (I don't remember whether or not it was mentioned on the show or not)?

Hmm. All that I can recall is the episode where there were more Reaper's serving the same function as he did over different worlds/universes. And this other random one that might have been in the comic, I know it was in the show, where numbah 3 took over being the Grim Reaper. I think that was the one when Billy and Mandy went to court over Grim. I'm not sure though, its been a long time since I've seen the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I don't have an interest to go review them either.

You did give me a curious idea though. I don't think Grim is the only Reaper, but the head reaper for Earth. There could be a Reaper just for the Underworld as well and all of the universal reapers draw their power and authority from the same source, which is how Jr could have reaped Minnie. But going back to it, unless Grim has a control over time as well, I just can't see how he could Reap everyone and still have enough time to be a family man. I would wager that he has agents that aid him in the process and he deals with more specific events or difficult cases as "the boss".
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 pm

I've never though much about it, but i've always assumed that it worked sort of like it does with Death in Terry Prachett's Discworld; death does occasional reaping in order to keep the process running smoothly, but doesn't have to be personally present for each and every one (he usually is, but Quoth pointed out it isn't stricly neccecary). And since there is a seperate death for every planet I imagine grim may have a boss somewhere. Maybe (as again in the Discwolrd universe) he reports to Azrael (the angel, not the cat!) the Death of Universes.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Havoc » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 am

Blood Lord wrote:Agreed. I don't think the rest of the world has been destroyed or looking like Megaville. Nor were all of the superheroes destroyed. Plus we have their own kids to consider as well.

If Him did take it all over, why is he not ruling up there? He had a different object, something else he wanted other than the conquest of the world. He wanted Mimi.

I concur. If Him did rule the world above, then I think we would see some sort of indication of it by now.
I don't think all of the heroes were destroyed either. As far as I'm concerned, Irwin, Hoss, Raven, and Blossom are the only confirmed kills on the heroes side. The evidence does seem to point towards only the city of Megaville being destroyed, however that doesn't mean the rest of the world wasn't effected in someway. I'm sure what we saw in the flashback, wasn't even the tip of the iceberg.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Another theory I'm not sure if I shared or not:
Did it say Him was immortal? I think I mentioned something a while ago on the possibility that Aku and the other immortals being friends with Grim, or made a deal with him. If they were friends, Grim would let them live forever as a perk, and we know Grim is willing to make bets lol If deals were made and bets were lost, maybe even wishes granted, connections with Grim would be made. If Him isn't immortal, he could be seeking it.

Well we know Him can be hurt, hints his missing claw. So I assume he can be killed, just not by conventional means. At least that's was I'm gonna go with for now.

Blood Lord wrote:You did give me a curious idea though. I don't think Grim is the only Reaper, but the head reaper for Earth. There could be a Reaper just for the Underworld as well and all of the universal reapers draw their power and authority from the same source, which is how Jr could have reaped Minnie. But going back to it, unless Grim has a control over time as well, I just can't see how he could Reap everyone and still have enough time to be a family man. I would wager that he has agents that aid him in the process and he deals with more specific events or difficult cases as "the boss".

Funny you mention that Grim's the reaper of earth. Because I remember one episode, where zombies from Mars, invaded. In that episode, they mentioned the fact that each planet had its own reaper. The way I assume it works in this comic, is once someone dies their soul leaves their body, and it's Grim's job to see these souls to the afterlife (Heaven, Hell, etc.). I think you're right, there's probably more than just him reaping souls by himself.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:16 am

Blood Lord wrote:Hmm. All that I can recall is the episode where there were more Reaper's serving the same function as he did over different worlds/universes. And this other random one that might have been in the comic, I know it was in the show, where numbah 3 took over being the Grim Reaper. I think that was the one when Billy and Mandy went to court over Grim. I'm not sure though, its been a long time since I've seen the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I don't have an interest to go review them either.

You did give me a curious idea though. I don't think Grim is the only Reaper, but the head reaper for Earth. There could be a Reaper just for the Underworld as well and all of the universal reapers draw their power and authority from the same source, which is how Jr could have reaped Minnie. But going back to it, unless Grim has a control over time as well, I just can't see how he could Reap everyone and still have enough time to be a family man. I would wager that he has agents that aid him in the process and he deals with more specific events or difficult cases as "the boss".

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No soul shall escape my scythe.
Let those who worship holy light,
Beware my power, Grim Reaper's might!

I can't be the only one to have thought of this reference. If I was, they should give me a scythe of power, I won't abuse it. Often.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:58 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:In brightest day, in blackest night,
No soul shall escape my scythe.
Let those who worship holy light,
Beware my power, Grim Reaper's might!

I can't be the only one to have thought of this reference. If I was, they should give me a scythe of power, I won't abuse it. Often.

Dono yō ni kashikoi... but I don't think that the Reaper should be considered unholy. I get the reference, but maybe something else could've gone there.
Last edited by Sig Skellington on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 am

Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
Won't you spare me over another year

But what is this, that I cant see
with ice cold hands taking hold of me

When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,
who will have mercy on your soul

Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end is here...

When I think of Death that is what comes to mind...and Chicago Pizza!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Curious. Other Reapers. Hellspawn, I think was his name(probably wrong) the demon that guarded Junior and Minnie in the beginning, was curious of Junior because he was a Reaper with nergal powers. We know that there are more nergals, but I don't believe we have seen any others beside the 2 1/2. There are implications of more than one Reaper. If more are introduced to the comic, it'd be interesting to see how all the lords would react. I see no reason for introducing another Reaper unless it's important.

Off Topic:
xD, I'm not actually Japanese, I'm almost full Chinese. Tenshi and Nova are references to my story. Don't let the Japanese fool you, I just used it because I did so when I was little, my story probably has more German words than Japanese words(5 at most xD). I might post it somewhere for fun, if anyone cares. As of now though, I'm too lazy and it only exists as a few hundred pages of unsorted notes, my amazing memory for school and procrastination, as well as a temporary RP for my friends that took a liking to it, never had more than 12 players at any given time.
I accidentally went off with my own thoughts, just skip this part if you have no interest.    Now I only have 2 friends that are still begging to play it, but all they do if free roam, they must've made over 30 characters and just committed suicide with most of them. I finally made a more set storyline, but I'm constantly second thinking it regardless of what my friends say. I wanted it to be an online RPG when I was younger, but I was too ambitious. Now, I want it to be a story, an adventure of my friends along with myself. Problem was I was too bias towards our characters, they always had the amazing luck and instant skill. I tried to make a character that would travel all around showing the amazing world to everyone, but again there's no way a single person would've lived past the events he miraculously made it through, time and time again. Finally the last 2 years I've been working on an idea that I tend to keep, 3 different characters that would all having their own stories and friends, but they don't directly affect each other. Showing all sides of a war, dispute, conspiracy, etc. I only have a 50% of a story and 30% of the other, I'm not even close to 1% in the 3rd. If even a single person is still curious I'll ask and try to make a thread about it, you can see how stupid I am. :D   
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:If even a single person is still curious I'll ask and try to make a thread about it, you can see how stupid I am. :D

I'm curious and I would like thread on that kind of discussion. Sounds like it would be fun!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Well, you asked for it, so you shall receive. Where exactly would I post it?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Post what, a story?

viewforum.php?f=7

Lit Section.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't think I have in me to post the story, I'd probably end up talking about the world, various characters and I might even put my hand into online role play, wouldn't be the first time someone played it through text. I'm bad at starting conversations, I excel at continuing them and answering questions though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Which is why people have editors.

There is a RP section as well if you want to try your hand at that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Is it possible for me to make a random thread just to talk about random stuff xD, It's specified for my story, but I don't have a lot of time for an rp, I just poke my head in when I can.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:10 pm

The Lit Section would be the best place for something like that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:45 pm

So would it be okay, if I just made a small summary and ask if anyone has questions, and have a discussion like so? I read the rules, but it seems like I would need to put more effort on my part, to update an actual story, not sure if I want to share an unfinished story. It would be crap to read and hurt people mentally xD
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 pm

That's fine, a lit thread can be for any bits of writing and/or lit discussion, just most people tend to have completed stories, or sections of stories.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Yay :D I'll try and make a decent start then. Thanks.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)