Grim Tales Voice Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grim Tales Voice Over

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:55 am

Dexter? Interesting choice, remember though, most of us will be expecting his voice to sound similar to the show, especially the accent. Maybe trying a voice less memorable would be a better choice given your lack of experience.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Misery Chord » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 am

Hm...this is interesting. I like the emotion put into the scene, but both characters sound too old. Minnie and Junior are on the cusp of puberty, but they are still kids. There's no way that Junior should have a voice that deep.

I also imagine Minnie's voice to have an air of self-righteousness and a whiff of condescension to it. It has to be subtle, but it's there from the subtext of the comic and it should be there in a vocal performance. Otherwise, it makes Junior's jealousy of her come across as less understandable than it is in the comic. Minnie starts as an annoying little sister who doesn't want to be annoying, and though the first pages come after character development, traces of these traits should be present.

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:09 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Dexter? Interesting choice, remember though, most of us will be expecting his voice to sound similar to the show, especially the accent. Maybe trying a voice less memorable would be a better choice given your lack of experience.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I could probably match the emotion, no problem, but doing the accent simultaneously would not end well. I'll probably look around for other potential voices to try.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 pm

I wonder, would Junior have 2 voices? One for his skeletal form and another for his human. Grim is nothing but bones, but his voice is deep and accented. On a technical note Junior's voice could be anything from high/Scottish to deep/Jamaican. I'm personally fine with the current person voicing Junior, might change my mind depending on future recordings. I agree with Misery's opinion on Minnie though...
Misery Chord wrote: Otherwise, it makes Junior's jealousy of her come across as less understandable than it is in the comic. Minnie starts as an annoying little sister who doesn't want to be annoying, and though the first pages come after character development, traces of these traits should be present.

...This is exactly what I meant in my previous post. You don't need to give us this feeling until the flashback to when Junior wasn't as accepting of Minnie. Also, like the thought on Junior's voice, would Minnie's voice sound any different as a doll without Nergal powers?

I'd also like to thank Misery for explaining his/her opinion which also perfectly explained mine. xD
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:55 am

Okay, before anyone asks, I checked with BR about posting here.

Anyway, I was bored, so I tried my hand at Jr. and the Nergal's lines from a recent GT page. Not sure, but I think the volume might need to be brought up a little higher.
https://soundcloud.com/sigment-kurosai/grim-tales-feeding-precautions

The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I like the first voice you have for Junior (the one in the first post) and the voice you have for Nergal in the one above.

Nice job.

Also, excellent Rowdyruff - but the two characters sound too much alike in that one.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Krest wrote:I like the first voice you have for Junior (the one in the first post) and the voice you have for Nergal in the one above.

Nice job.

Also, excellent Rowdyruff - but the two characters sound too much alike in that one.

First post is not me. As for the RRB, I heard that from plenty of people. If I practiced more, I could probably do better.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
Krest wrote:I like the first voice you have for Junior (the one in the first post) and the voice you have for Nergal in the one above.

Nice job.

First post is not me. As for the RRB, I heard that from plenty of people. If I practiced more, I could probably do better.

I need to pay more attention x.x;

You're a good voice actor, though. I prefer anything "gruff" - as you seem to have mastered it with N and RRB.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Great job. I see you also think the nergal would sound like Ragnarok. I do think Jr's voice should be a little younger. He could have the voice of Jonny Yong Bosch in afterbirth. But I really liked your RRB reading. You sound very professional. Is becoming a voice actor your goal?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:57 pm

The thought's crossed my mind, yes. Kinda started when I became a fan of Troy Baker, though.
I see you also think the nergal would sound like Ragnarok.

Yeah, been watching the show a lot lately.

The Resident Smartass

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)