Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update:Something other than fanart)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 pm

@WalrusM3:

Thank you very much for the comment and the complements. I am working on making my clothing look better, but it takes awhile for me to get things down. But I'll continue to work on my craft.

Thanks again.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 am

I got three drawings that I was working on at around the same time now.

A while ago I made a few drawings of Jenny before she was finished. The backstory to these is while Dr. Wakeman was making her, Jenny somehow activated herself because of the soul or whatever you believe when it comes to this sentient robot stuff.
I don't know if I want to post the three old ones here because they are pretty old and I don't think its aged as well as some of my other older drawings because I was still getting used to making digital art:

Unfinished Jenny: I Am Alive...
-She just woke up in this and is taking everything in. I was going for kind of a ghostly look for this one. I wanted her expression to be something like her just realizing that she exists and can think for herself and there's this kind of wonder even though she's in a darkly lit room.
She's not entirely sure about what she is yet, but she understands that she is alive.

Unfinished Jenny Wakeman: Boredom
-
I thought it would kind of funny if she was messing around on her cell phone, like she was playing a game or something because as you can see, she's got no legs so there's not a whole lot she can do right now.

Now for a drawing that isn't of Jenny.

Buttercup and Elmer: You aren't a bad person

-This isn't shipping.
This is Buttercup just trying to calm Elmer down after he went on an angry rampage with his glue powers.
I think I like the PPG episode, "Paste Makes Waist" better than most people. I get that its a bit of a gross out episode, but I like the idea of an adversary like Elmer whose mostly invulnerable and Buttercup might feel partly responsible for what he has become because she use to pick on him sometimes because back then she was a little kid and didn't know any better.
The backstory of this drawing can be taken one of two ways. Either this is an alternate version of the episode I just mentioned with slightly older versions of the characters.
Or this takes place years latter and Elmer still has his powers which may have negatively effected his mental state and he got pissed and went on a rampage and after a long fight, Buttercup was able to calm him down. Because even a brute like Buttercup has a softer side.
Bark

Postby Exodis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 am

The 2nd looks just like a humanized GLaDOS.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Hm, I wasn't thinking of GLaDOS when I was drawing this, but with the wires coming from above I guess I can see how she kind of does.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 am

Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup - Age 13: Outfits

- Just wanted to practice drawing three different sets of clothing. And I wanted to draw the PPG again.
Bubbles is wearing my favorite outfit.
Also, I'm working on another sorta big project and this is mainly something I made to help my head go into a cool down mode.

Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:05 pm

I think you are making a ton of progress here. The faces are excellent and the hair is coming along nicely. You do still need to work on clothing and folds, but I can see some improvement in there too.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks again for the complement and the suggestions BL.
I'm still practicing as much as I can.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:36 pm

That second picture of XJ is pretty good. Nice posing and proportions. Way to be Mutt, you're making a ton of progress. Keep it up.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Blossom Utonium - Age: 13

Just a drawing of Blossom hanging out by a globe thing on top of a building.

There are some things I like about this and some things I still need to work on.

A while ago I drew Blossom wearing a muscle shirt with a jacket around her waste, this is a variation on that look that's meant to be a bit more reminiscent to her old outfit from the show.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:13 pm

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Cover Page
--

Yes, as strange as it sounds, I'm doing a PPG related comic where the main plot is about a man (who in this case is a fallen superhero) over come his alcoholism and hopefully redeem himself.
The dual cover thing does look kind of strange, but I wanted the part with Bubbles to like the back of the comic that has the basics of the story previewed. Also, she there because she does play a pretty big role in the plot and without her there, I'm not sure this would look like a PPG comic considering there's a drunken man passed out on a table in the dark.

This is an idea that's been floating around in my head for a while now and I decided to go ahead and do it. If anything it will give me some more much needed practice in my art skills and in making comics. The last comic I did involving the PPG was pretty much a long fight scene because I wanted to practice those, but this time I want to tell an actual story.

I'm not entirely sure of how many people like Major-Man outside as certain person on Devaintart who is a really big fan of the character and this is a story where you have to care about this character and want to see him be redeemed.
Hopefully, even if you don't like Major-Man I can at least write him in a way that you do want to see him better himself. My stratagy for that is just to write him as a human. He's not a jerk and he's not a exactly a noble person at the beginning in this either, he's a drunk who needs to learn the meaning of the word moderation and is down on his luck.
I want to write him in such a way where even though he is a drunk, he doesn't seem so far gone that he seems like trash. That being said, if you didn't like this character and don't care about him trying to redeem himself I doubt I can do much to change your opinion of the character.

And just to be clear:
No, this isn't going to turn into some PSA stuff about how drinking is bad for you. I want more attention to be paid to Major-Man as he tries to become a true hero, instead of someone who is just out for the fame.
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Powerpuff Girls: A Major-Loser - Page 1
--
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 2
--
Okay, so I HAD a page before this next one that showed Major-Man here getting drunk off his ass as he piled on the drinks, but as I was putting the finishing touches on it my computer freaked right the fuck out on me for no reason and said, "Fuck you Mutt, I'm going to erase five hours of work just to be a total and complete asshole!"

I'm still a little pissed off at it.

I don't have the time to redo an entire page that by that point was 95% done with so now here's what was going to be page 3 as page 2.

I rearranged the dialogue around and hopefully the last two close ups from the last page can give the impression that time has passed, but otherwise the pacing I was trying to set up for this opening is an entire page short.
Not much happened on the last page other than seeing Major-Man get drunk and go to his closet, but I'm still really pissed off that I lost it for no reason other than my computer just decided to be a dick head.

And yes I did try to save it ahead of time, but for whatever reason, my computer refused to save my work on that one.

Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 pm

So its going to be more like a quest of redemption.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Yep, that's what I'm going for.

As for if he's going to succeed or not remains to be seen.

I just hope I can make it an interesting ride.
Bark

Postby Varspool » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:25 pm

You've improved a lot!
I can't wait to see what happens later in Major Loser. :D
Show me the color of your credits.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 am

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - page 3
--Oh look, its the Utonium family there in this to!
Their father in that last panel = The most happiest man on the planet.

Bark

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 4
--
Bark

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 5

--I asked a certain guy on deviantart if had any idea what Major-man's real name is.
He told me Rick, so I went with it.
Also the other guy (Billy) and the old lady are the same ones who appeared in the PPG episode this is based off of. Billy was dressed up as a mugger and him and the old lady where acting so Major-Man could show off.

Bark

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Interesting take on Utonium... Gotta say,though, that I am interested in seeing how these two know Bubbles, especially when her sisters haven't.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Etherian » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm impressed with how quickly you are drawing all these. Generally people will comment on the quality of a work, but there is something to be said for speed as well. This comic seems to have a good mixture of the two.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks, but I think I'm going to take a bit more time on future pages.
I want to get over my bad habit of rushing things.
Also, my backgrounds need more work.

Edit: Hell, my Everything needs more work.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 6
--

Oh boy who could it be?
As if it isn't already painfully obvious. I could be going for a fake out, but I don't think there's anything much more interesting than what may be about to happen.

Anyways, this was one of the first pages I drew of this so I've had more time to touch it up which is why it looks a bit better than some of the others.
After this and maybe the next one there won't be anymore pages for a short while because I haven't drawn them yet. That and I think I should take more time to make them look better. I think I should start stepping up my game again.

(Still not completely happy with my buildings though.)
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:37 am

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 7
--

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 8
--

Oh look, its a bunch of oddly dressed weird guys with aggressive attitudes, I bet they'll want to be friends.

Powerpuff Girls: A Major Loser - Page 9
--

Bubbles holding back her laughter in the first panel was pretty much how I felt when I decided to include these guys.
And just to let you all know, these guys don't have any special powers other than their strange fashion sense, so you all probably already know how this is going to end.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 am

This gonna turn into a "We need your help" scenario? Not that I mind it, just curious.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:15 pm

The Utonium Triplets: Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup
-They are thirteen years old in this drawing like I usually draw them.
In most of the drawings I have of these three together they tend to seem to respect each other's personal space.
I wanted to do a drawing that has them closely interacting with each other.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Art