New Grim Tales"Woman's intuition...righhhhhht..."(5/16/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales"Woman's intuition...righhhhhht..."(5/16/2013)

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:hm, i figured that minnie would wield something from mandy's trophy room to make up for the loss of nergal power, but she's practicing with a bow... can't think of anything that would fit with that, guess i was of by a mile. i just thought mandy want kids with power, not skill. skill can be made via training, but natural talent and powers, not so much. i find it hard to believe mandy isn't feeling underwhelmed by minnie potential as it is now.

this is evil, not the scheme. i just feel it'll switch over to grim family right as the plan is being discussed, just to tease us.

But raw power is largely useless without the skill to use it effectively. Think about Junior just after he got the eye; he had all of the Power of a Nergal, but with no training, he really couldn't control it, and it almost consumed him. You're treating it as an either/or, Mandy presumaby wants her kids to be exceptional in BOTH. Mandy may simply be trying to make Minnie as prime a warrior as she can be in her current state, perhaps in hope that Minne can someday get the raw power back (say, if she claims the gygas; or one of those tenative plans Junior used to have for trying to bring her body back to life actually works. Nergal Sr. never discussed what happens if someone gives the eye back (since up till now, every nergal whose done the eye thing has died (permanently) pretty soon after, I'm not sure the matter has ever come up.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Am I the only one slightly weirded out by how comfortable Aku and Him are together... o.O
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Compound bows... Those use a system that helps hold the string while the archer is pulling it back, right? It's designed to ease the strain on the archer's arms, and make it easier to aim. They don't have to focus (as much) on keeping the bow pulled back, and can concentrate more on their target. Do I have that right? And... on that note, I've never heard of a re-curve bow. How does that type work? I've always had a deep respect for master archers, so this stuff's interesting.
I also think that long-range sniping, while vastly different in execution compared to archery, requires such skill and focus, that (to me) it is an art worthy of respect.

@Mon
Not sure it's been discussed either, now that I think about it. I think, maybe, that most people have dismissed it with "It would never work", since they haven't had a reason to believe otherwise.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:12 pm

A re-curve bow simply one where the tips of the bow curve away from the archer as opposed to towards (basically it's the kind with the little "s" tips) the advantage of this shape is that it allows for more power per size and hence a smaller bow (remember that those old english longbows were often taller when unstring than the people using them) which can come in handy in places where space is tight (brush etc) or if the archer is mounted. Apart from that, they work pretty much the same as standard longbows

And yes, you are correct about compounds. That's sort of why most people who hunt use compounds; they make it much easier to aim at a moving target. Plus of course most hunters do not want to put in the years of practice needed before they could handle the 100-150 pound draw of a bow designed to take down something like a deer.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Biostar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:Am I the only one slightly weirded out by how comfortable Aku and Him are together... o.O

I direct you to the title of the previous page. But no.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'm also a little surpised that given that I think Mimi has some stiches on her hands, drawing the string back hasn't ripped off her fingers (Finkestein must have used some really strong thread)

Being a doll, does she feel pain? I don't recall nor could I find an instance where she felt pain in her new body. If her body is durable enough, and I don't believe she can get exhausted, she can be a very powerful and skilled super soldier;
Think it was BloodLord that mentioned Mandy training Minnie to be Junior's bodyguard. I remember a few shields in the vault, one being Captain America's. Super Soldier foreshadowing?

Another fun theory, Chemical X was in the vault. 3 super powered little girls, we have 2 daughters from Blossom. Maybe we'll see a 3rd little girl being half Puff join Mimi and Chi.
Last edited by Hallow Nova on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'm also a little surpised that given that I think Mimi has some stiches on her hands, drawing the string back hasn't ripped off her fingers (Finkestein must have used some really strong thread)

Being a doll, does she feel pain? I don't recall nor could I find an instance where she felt pain in her new body. If her body is durable enough, and I don't believe she can get exhausted, she can be a very powerful and skilled super soldier;

I was referring to her fingers getting LITERALLY ripped off; I was just questioning if Finkel's stichery was up to the task. Since her body can't actually heal itself, those stiches are all that is holdiong Minnie together. Based on the movie, Finkel doesn't stich all that tight (Sally had no problem undoing her arm, wrists, and leg at varios points in the movie). The pain is another matter entierly. She probably doesn't feel much pain now. If you look at her hands you'll notice that she isn't wearing any sort of finger guards or bindings, so I imagine chafing isn't high on her concern list. I think you've hit the critical point; If her body is durable enough. I'm not sure it is. Plus with no pain sense and no way to heal, she'd probably wind up destroying her body through lack of caution.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:01 pm

No, I wasn't saying anything towards your statement, I just wanted to show your thought that triggered mine. I knew what you meant I just wanted to add on to the post. When I mentioned durability I was referring to your comment.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 pm

On the subject of drawing the bow back, it wouldn't matter if Minnie's stitches were on her hand, or her arm. In other words, unless her entire arm was up to the task, something would give somewhere.
We also don't know her overall durability, since the only fight we've seen was with Mimi, and she was almost immediately pinned down using Jr. So, as of right now, we know almost nothing about how much punishment that body can take.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Being a doll, does she feel pain? I don't recall nor could I find an instance where she felt pain in her new body. If her body is durable enough, and I don't believe she can get exhausted, she can be a very powerful and skilled super soldier;
Think it was BloodLord that mentioned Mandy training Minnie to be Junior's bodyguard. I remember a few shields in the vault, one being Captain America's. Super Soldier foreshadowing?

Quoting myself! YEA! Anyone think I might be over-thinking it or do you want to see Minnie go Avengers?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 pm

If anyone's going to be going all Avengers then there better be some Loki action in here!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Nope the chances of loki appearing in this comic is one in a million. Besides, we got HIM. He should serve the role quite exelent.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:On the subject of drawing the bow back, it wouldn't matter if Minnie's stitches were on her hand, or her arm. In other words, unless her entire arm was up to the task, something would give somewhere.
We also don't know her overall durability, since the only fight we've seen was with Mimi, and she was almost immediately pinned down using Jr. So, as of right now, we know almost nothing about how much punishment that body can take.

Sort of though except for her fingers (and maybe her wrists) the damage would be lateral; not linear (i.e. her arms would not pull off, but they might pop open And even her arm wouldn't be where it ends; most of the actual pulling is in the pectoral muscles so there at risk of popping open too. It also now occurs to me that, since mimi can't grow, she can't get any more muscle mass. She can up her accuracy, but she will never be able to increase her shot force (and given the whole "flat chest" thing, I doubt she had much pectoral development pre death. Actually she has an advantage there, (and us) we won't get any "amazon" issues (if you don't get this, go to wikipedia and look up why the Greeks called the Amazons the Amazons).

Postby Havoc » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:40 am

I remember Blood Lord saying something about "wanting to see some normality in the Grim family", and I think we're sorta seeing that here. I myself would like to see Mandy troubled over the fact that she almost lost both of her kids, in some sort of subtle indication.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:If Mimi has a muzzle on her face (considering what she did to Jr. when we last saw them) when we see her again, that would be pretty damn funny. Freakin' Hannibal Lecter moment.

That would be some funny shit, especially if she was wearing her trademark scowl. However, awhile back I think I saw some art Bleed drew, where Mimi was tamed, and sitting in Junior's lap. So I have to wonder if that's how it's going to be in the comic.

Do you think Junior has gotten any better with his Nerga, powers since last we saw him? I would like to see him in combat as a decent fighter.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Another fun theory, Chemical X was in the vault. 3 super powered little girls, we have 2 daughters from Blossom. Maybe we'll see a 3rd little girl being half Puff join Mimi and Chi.

Maybe. No telling who's children will show up next in this comic. Hell, I thought the 'family photo' was a summary of the whole thing, that Mimi was the only Powerpuff offspring out there. But ever since Chi made the scene, all bets are off.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 am

Havoc751 wrote:I remember Blood Lord saying something about "wanting to see some normality in the Grim family", and I think we're sorta seeing that here. I myself would like to see Mandy troubled over the fact that she almost lost both of her kids, in some sort of subtle indication.
I could see her having a nightmare, or something. She'd probably never let those feelings show while she's awake.

Havoc751 wrote:Do you think Junior has gotten any better with his Nerga, powers since last we saw him? I would like to see him in combat as a decent fighter.
The Chapter cover art showed Jr. wielding a Nergal scythe...
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=239
...so I would imagine he has gained a considerable level of control of his symbiote.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:39 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:It also now occurs to me that, since mimi can't grow, she can't get any more muscle mass. She can up her accuracy, but she will never be able to increase her shot force (and given the whole "flat chest" thing, I doubt she had much pectoral development pre death. Actually she has an advantage there, (and us) we won't get any "amazon" issues (if you don't get this, go to wikipedia and look up why the Greeks called the Amazons the Amazons).

She might not need to increase her shot force, as a doll she may have super strength. I mentioned it earlier. :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Savvy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:18 pm

One thing I find interesting, and to keep in mind is that Him sent Mimmi to Castle Grimskull deliberately to be captured by Mandy. This alliance with Aku, whatever it is, is part of a plan of Him's, which I find rather interesting. Did he send Mimi there so that this alliance could form? Or for some other goal we haven't seen yet?

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:19 pm

I think there is some other goal in mind. It might funnel into a overall goal, but these two appear to have had an alliance for a while now.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:26 am

y'know... i like seeing aku and him plotting, i like what minnie and mandy are up to, i would like to see what mimi and jr. are up to... many of you agree with this, but why does no one care about grim? what does he do all day?

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Reap souls?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm

He took a sample of the essence that was ripped out of Mimi. He's probably been running tests on it, or having someone do it for him.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm more curious on Clorkwork's thoughts on Mandy's unborn. If he can take Danny out of existence, I assume that he should also have control over Danny's offspring(s).
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, if Danny never existed, then he never impregnated Mandy, did he?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Seeing as Danny shouldn't exist, but Clockwork allowed him to, I'm assuming that if he takes Danny out of existence he can choose to leave his off spring. I made a theory about Aku asking Clockwork for Chi, it would follow similar logic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't recall you ever presenting that idea.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)