My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Yeah I have no soul because I don't love a bunch of random letters. Awesome.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grivous » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

@Kusang: I think this is the closest we can get:

Vinyl Scratch

At least, the closest I could find.


Also:

Image

Grivous.
Last edited by Grivous on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grivous
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Brasil
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Sorry. Accidentally clicked the wrong button.

Here it is again for this page:



My bad. But damn, look at this.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am

Grivous wrote:Also:

Image

Grivous.

That is an animation that actually comes from this song


If you think the song sounds familiar then you have probably watched this.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby J-Dude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 am

Hey guys! I'm baaaaaack!

And I have seen Equestria Girls! ALL of it! I saw it the morning of its release, and put together an exhaustive in-depth review of the thing, start to finish.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/177097/r ... er-warning

MAJOR spoiler warning on reading the whole thing, but I save the spoilers for a marked point in the review.

You want the basic gist?

LOVED it! The movie failed to meet certain expectations (like Couch said, plenty of missed opportunities in spots) but it SOARED in the areas that really mattered to make this thing work, and stand out from the obvious tropes it seems to be emulating at first glance.

Where I disagree with Couch is his take on the "popularity contest" aspect of the whole deal, because I don't think that was the point at all. The story made this "popularity contest" about something more, about something substantial. Rather than rewarding the biggest showboat who can churn-out the best alcohol-drenched parties or be the biggest jackass that ACTS like a jackass in order to get the attention of idiots, Twilight approaches this with the intent of yes, winning, but doing so by uniting the student body in harmony under one banner. She makes it almost not at ALL about her, and ALL about the school spirit, and the students simply use her as a rallying point in opposition to Shimmer's divisive status-quo.

All of this feeds into issues Twilight is dealing with in the series since we last saw her, and it's the relevancy and the freshness on the movie's take on such a premise that (for ME) made it an uncommon treat, in spite of its flaws. I can forgive a lot if a movie surprises me by taking what's usually shit and turning it into gold.

Chances are Couch, missing the first half of the film did you no favors, or else I think you'd have recognized the arc they were putting together. If not, agree to disagree. Still, you might enjoy my blow-by-blow if you find the time :D
Image
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:47 pm
Location: SoCal
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grivous » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Image

Grivous.
Grivous
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Brasil
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 pm

J-Dude wrote:Hey guys! I'm baaaaaack!

Welcome back!

J-Dude wrote:Where I disagree with Couch is his take on the "popularity contest" aspect of the whole deal, because I don't think that was the point at all. The story made this "popularity contest" about something more, about something substantial. Rather than rewarding the biggest showboat who can churn-out the best alcohol-drenched parties or be the biggest jackass that ACTS like a jackass in order to get the attention of idiots, Twilight approaches this with the intent of yes, winning, but doing so by uniting the student body in harmony under one banner. She makes it almost not at ALL about her, and ALL about the school spirit, and the students simply use her as a rallying point in opposition to Shimmer's divisive status-quo.


   I'll gleefully admit that they did extremely well with the premise and very much turned it into something more. That's the whole reason it worked as well as it did instead of being the same tired old cliche. One thing I missed was the set up about the crown going to Principal Celestia after it got sent through. That explains quite a bit about why Twilight didn't just go grab it.

I'm guessing at this point that my main problem is the inclusion of the contest at all. It's something we've all seen a million times and I was half expecting some sort of twist at the crowning. I'm not sure if this would be more cliche but I would have liked to see Twi be crowned after defeating Shimmer rather than before. Shimmer stuffing the ballot box, or simply appearing on stage with the crown having stolen it or something and then go demon transformation right in the middle of the dance. Then after Twi defeats her she is rewarded with the crown for doing the right thing. It's probably more cliche than what played out and I'm probably being nitpicky, but what they did with the scenario was phenomenal no question about it.   


J-Dude wrote:Chances are Couch, missing the first half of the film did you no favors, or else I think you'd have recognized the arc they were putting together. If not, agree to disagree. Still, you might enjoy my blow-by-blow if you find the time :D


Nope it assuredly didn't. I'm bummed that I missed all that delicious fish out of water stuff at the beginning. That alone may have raised my score a good point. Always enjoy a good blow by blow though. Nicely done.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Okay, I still think the idea of Spike being turned into a dog is kinda weird, but these comics are really funny in a cute kind of way. Hopefully for Spike, this isn't a case of, "What Winona wants, Winona gets."

http://mlpegasis4898.deviantart.com/art ... -378265042

http://mlpegasis4898.deviantart.com/art ... -378275279
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Okay, I still think the idea of Spike being turned into a dog is kinda weird, but these comics are really funny in a cute kind of way. Hopefully for Spike, this isn't a case of, "What Winona wants, Winona gets."


Did you HAVE to put it that way? Now I'll have the song running around my head all afternoon!

But I doubt it will get like that. Winona is AJ's dog, and I've always assumed that he Apple clan were rather straightlaced and morally conservative (partly because it fits with the whole "simple country folk/salt of the earth" vibe, partly becuse AJ's element is Honesty which doesn't really mesh well with hanky panky). So it's a little difficuly to imagine Winona getting dirty.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Listen up, Twilight. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Celestia who believes in you! Your horn is the horn that will pierce the Heavens!
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 pm

I... I teared up a little bit from that :'D

Darn, I knew I was forgetting something. Was planning on posting those a while back. Guess it slipped my mind. This idea made me giggle though since I never connected these particular dots.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:40 pm

That is fucking beautiful! I never thought he'd finish it--but he did! And it's glorious!
Image
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 7781
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:03 pm
Location: ...
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grivous » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Did you HAVE to put it that way? Now I'll have the song running around my head all afternoon!

This song came to me somehow.





@Dibullba: And wow! This animation! It's... It's... :o

Grivous.
Grivous
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Brasil
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Grivous wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Did you HAVE to put it that way? Now I'll have the song running around my head all afternoon!

This song came to me somehow.



Lucky you, at least your's doesn't bring images of doggie seduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kjQmgm0r4g
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 am

No idea why, but I found this hilarious.


Also the Sonic vs. MLP animation has been continued... and it is glorious.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 am

Grivous wrote:Vinyl Scratch

Aww, she broked her swag glasses :( Also love the Gif, it's huge though XD I love Octavia and Vinyl Scratch
Dibullba wrote:Listen up, Twilight. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Celestia who believes in you! Your horn is the horn that will pierce the Heavens!

...Well that was the most awesome thing I've seen in a while!

Oh, I saw those! They're funny... though I thought of something, if Dogs in MLP are just normal dogs, and Ponies are Humans in this alternate world... what exactally does that make Spike really?
I'm in your house, touching your stuff
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm
Location: Waiting Room, Fl
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am

Skull-Boy666 wrote:

Oh, I saw those! They're funny... though I thought of something, if Dogs in MLP are just normal dogs, and Ponies are Humans in this alternate world... what exactally does that make Spike really?


Technically Spike probably should have come through as a human too, as I get the feeling that the translation to human state would apply to ALL sentient equestrian races. So for example if Gilda came through she would probably come out as human as well, as would Iron Will, or Cranky Doodle, or Zecora (actually I'd kind of like to know what Zecora would look like humanside. Would she still have stripes? Actually the whole humans thing gets a little complicated with characters who don't have monotone coats. In horse form, Pipsqeak looks normal, because we are used to horses having coats that can have blotches. In human form however, he'd probably look like he had some sort of skin condtion like Port Wine stains. I guess it's the reverse of the situation with AJ's and Big Macs' freckles, they don't look odd becuse we are used to people having freckles there, even though on some level we know horses don't have them (those spot's are on AJ's coat, not her skin (though she could have them on her skin too) Heck even the cows and sheep would probably come through as humans, since we know they can talk too (that actually might result in something funny, since it seems that, while the sheep can talk, the Equestrians might not KNOW they can talk given how they treat them. Having them come through as human might be a shock. Also ironically, while dogs would stay dogs, Diamond Dogs would probably come through as human, since they are sentient. I imagine the reason they make spike a dog was just to not overcomplicate the plot.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Skull-Boy666 wrote:

Oh, I saw those! They're funny... though I thought of something, if Dogs in MLP are just normal dogs, and Ponies are Humans in this alternate world... what exactally does that make Spike really?


Technically Spike probably should have come through as a human too, as I get the feeling that the translation to human state would apply to ALL sentient equestrian races. So for example if Gilda came through she would probably come out as human as well, as would Iron Will, or Cranky Doodle, or Zecora (actually I'd kind of like to know what Zecora would look like humanside. Would she still have stripes? Actually the whole humans thing gets a little complicated with characters who don't have monotone coats. In horse form, Pipsqeak looks normal, because we are used to horses having coats that can have blotches. In human form however, he'd probably look like he had some sort of skin condtion like Port Wine stains. I guess it's the reverse of the situation with AJ's and Big Macs' freckles, they don't look odd becuse we are used to people having freckles there, even though on some level we know horses don't have them (those spot's are on AJ's coat, not her skin (though she could have them on her skin too) Heck even the cows and sheep would probably come through as humans, since we know they can talk too (that actually might result in something funny, since it seems that, while the sheep can talk, the Equestrians might not KNOW they can talk given how they treat them. Having them come through as human might be a shock. Also ironically, while dogs would stay dogs, Diamond Dogs would probably come through as human, since they are sentient. I imagine the reason they make spike a dog was just to not overcomplicate the plot.


Yeah, I thought he should've been a human too, especially because how is he going to flirt with Rarity if he's a pet? And does that make him a pet in the Pony-verse? My head hurts... Plus, it doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to have a little dragon kid with green and pink people already running around. So, why on Earth would they make him a little puppy dog? Why, I ask you, why?

Image

Oh... right... Well, it is Hasbro, can ya really blame 'em?
And yeah, if Human Zecora isn't a thing... somebody make that a thing.

Lol you know for all the outcry this movie made at the start, it sure has leaned itself towards a lot of fan possibilities, hasn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if they had that in mind, now we can have human versions of ALL the characters and it'd be technically Canon XD

Come to think of it, I bet the creators where extremely confused by the outcry, because weren't fans already drawing their characters as humans before the announcement of the movie?
I'm in your house, touching your stuff
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm
Location: Waiting Room, Fl
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby J-Dude » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah, Spike being a dog seemed to be necessary in providing Twilight with proof that she was a pony from another Universe, and not just certifiably insane...

All the same, I too am really interested in what the fan does with EQG... y'know, once bronies everywhere can freaking SEE it. Kills me how long it'll be before we get proper image-memes and plot analysis that DOESN'T use crappy camrip footage.

Man, I'd even make the EQG elements canon to my own fanfiction I like it so much, but I'm afraid I've rendered that quite impossible :-(
Image
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:47 pm
Location: SoCal
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Skull-Boy666 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Skull-Boy666 wrote:
Yeah, I thought he should've been a human too, especially because how is he going to flirt with Rarity if he's a pet? And does that make him a pet in the Pony-verse? My head hurts... Plus, it doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to have a little dragon kid with green and pink people already running around. So, why on Earth would they make him a little puppy dog? Why, I ask you, why?

Image

Oh... right... Well, it is Hasbro, can ya really blame 'em?


Spike's status is a little ambiguos. He's fully capable of talking and acting on the same level as the ponies (he 's still a child of course, but he doesn't seem to be any less intellgent than a pony of an equivalent age) , which should make him thier equal under the law. On the other hand I have difficult beliving that, if dragons were citizens Celestia could have gotten away with just giving him to Twilight (we actually haven't seen HOW Spike came to live with Twilight, but since she's the one that hatched him there's probably at least a connection. I have three theories as to spike's status one nice, two really nasty. The nice one is that either Spike is a ward of Celestia or a sort of employee of her. When Twilight came to Ponyville, Celestia sent Spike along with her as a combination assistant/liason/messenger service (with no Spike, Twilight would presumably have to MAIL her reports to Celestia/get them mailed to her, which would probably take too long. Spike's her IM service). The second is that legally spike is something like Twilights houseboy (read "slave, but we're trying to make it sound nice") and so are all other dragons in Equestria. The third is not so much nasty as sad. So far while we have seen lots of small dragons talk and act like sentients none of the big ones have (okay we haven't seen that many big ones, but still) and when Spike got big, he also got a lot more primitive in his thought. So it is possible that, as dragons grow up, they lose thier sentience that the Spike we know is doomed to be lost. There was an Alien in one of James White's Sector General novels who had that problem, they were sentient while unborn but the birthing process robbed them of it (the plot was trying to figure out how to give one a C-section safely. So spike has no legal status becuse by the time he's an adult, he'll no longer be capable of being one.
Actually assuming Spike feels the same way about human Rarity as he does about Pony Rarity, being a dog does have one advantage, if he feels like it (until Rarity realizes he's more than a mere dog), he can probaby get away with humping her leg if he feels like it, at least once.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 pm

I always assumed that after Spike was hatched, Twilight's family legally adopted him. I pictured it in my head of after hatching him, Twilight got really attached to him so the Sparkle family took him in. Or something like that.

As for the bigger Spike get the more animalistic he get, I just assumed that was just because his body was going through an unnatural growth spurt and his mind couldn't keep up.
I've seen other theories that as long as they can keep Spike from hoarding he won't get much bigger than an average pony and he'll stay the same.
Those again, are all just theories.

Anyways, I never saw Twilight treating Spike as much more than a little brother and from the way she acts around him, it almost seem maternal. She gets on his case when he acts out, she's never told him that his crush on Rarity is most likely not going to work out to avoid hurting his feelings. She has him do chores like most parents do (That and Twilight might have OCD but that's a whole other discussion). Also, when ever Spike seems upset she's right there when she feels like she needs to be. I doubt she just helped him research Dragon's because she's a bookworm.

I'm aware that my views of the Twilight and Spike relationship is less grim or sad compared to others, and the world building that the show has set up, be it intentional or unintentional, has led to a lot of speculation about these two. I prefer to look at things from a slightly optimistic point of view.

Unfortunately, because this is a general audience show I doubt we'll ever get an episode dedicated to something like this which is a downer for me, because most of the fan art and stuff I at least try to write involves portraying this odd little family through the ups and down.

At least we'll have some pretty decent fanfiction.
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey guys, you remember those Celestia/Luna coins that went on sale some time ago? Well it seems the last few of them went up on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectable-Bro ... d=ViewItem
Image

Managed to grab mine. Only two left though if anyone is interested.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:I always assumed that after Spike was hatched, Twilight's family legally adopted him. I pictured it in my head of after hatching him, Twilight got really attached to him so the Sparkle family took him in. Or something like that.

As for the bigger Spike get the more animalistic he get, I just assumed that was just because his body was going through an unnatural growth spurt and his mind couldn't keep up.
I've seen other theories that as long as they can keep Spike from hoarding he won't get much bigger than an average pony and he'll stay the same.
Those again, are all just theories.


I was thinking of the two times Spike grew but what was really on my mind was the Dragon in Dragonshy which was behaving in what seemed to me as full beast mode (you'd think that, given that Twilight knows dragons can talk and understnad, simply asking the dragon if he would mind moving is not even attempted (it would probably fail, but no one even makes an attempt). There is of course also Flutters stament that she is afraid of big dragons, but not little ones. Up till now she's never seemed to factor size in to her decisions, she was happy to re-adjust the spine of a bear that wasn't all that much smaller than the dragon was (okay it was about half the size, but that's still WAAY bigger than she is). I'm wondering if Flutter knew something we didn't (like a big dragons are beastial dragons and therefore dangerous dragons). That dragon had a hoard, so it could be a victim of what happened to spike (or be the terminal end form). As for the theories, that sort of is similar in my mind to the theory that, at some point Spike will grow wings (as I pointed out, he seems to be the only dragon who doesn't have them (unless you count the sea serpent as a dragon of sorts, or the hydra) so if he doesn't grow them he's tecnically a handicapped dragon, and the plans for him to join the other dragons will go nowhere.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby J-Dude » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:16 pm

@Couch

Yoink!
Image
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:47 pm
Location: SoCal
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:23 pm

@Mon-Kitsune:

My personal theory as to why Spike doesn't have wings isn't that he's a handicapped dragon, but he's just a type of dragon that doesn't fly, but seem to be able to use magic as evident by his teleportation fire breath.

I assume these dragons are very rare and may not even be universally excepted by other dragons hence why Spike is the only actual flightless dragon we've seen so far.
This is all just speculation of course, but considering how there are different types of ponies, there may be different types of dragons as well.

Also, from what I can tell of the show, Dragons seem to be the second most powerful race out matched only by Alicorns and I'm not counting Discord in this.
Also, with most bigger dragons, we've seen very little of them or how they behave, but they do seem to have a decent amount of intelligence. If you all remember that green dragon form the episode where Spike runs away because of an owl, that dragon was able to talk. He wasn't very nice, but I think that may have more to do with his up bringing than him just being an animal.

Also, if there are different types of dragons they may not all go by the same rules.
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests