The Xbox One

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Xbox One

Postby Q.U. » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:40 am

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1959316/ps ... n_ps4.html

Apparently Transistor and Don't Starve will both go on PS4. I like that.

Which also reminds me...

This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Exodis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Now all they have to do is not require the damn Kinect to be plugged in. Well, maybe a couple of other things, but that most of all.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

I wonder though if they are caving in towards fan demands, or Sony's attacks.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm guessing they're only listening to fans just because of Sony's attacks. They know they fucked up when Sony blew them off at E3, so they said "Guess we should listen to the fans, huh?"
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Well either case, it's a start. I don't think they are going to budge with backwards compatibility.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Q.U. » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:40 pm

If you ask me it's too little too late.

Those who will be pleased by this, are the people who would buy this console even if it required to rape them once every 24h with a spiky dildo in order to let them play.

Kinect is still a mandatory piece of junk that adds to the price tag. Indie games are still stomped on. The console is still weaker hardware than PS4.
Mainly those who want some of the exclusives or just prefer Xbox as a "loyal" choice will be pleased. Other than that this is not going to let them catch up to the head start that Sony got, simply by capitalising on MS' blunders.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Neither system can do true backwards compatibility. The architecture jump between the generations will be too much for them to do any kind of reasonable on console backwards compatibility.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Friend of mine said the XB1 will be fully backwards compatible with 360 games. It sounded confirmed.

The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Did you ask him the source of information? I'm sure he will be disappointed to find out none of his 360 games will work.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Biostar » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Why do they call it Xbox One? Cause MS does an one eighty when they realize they are fucked.

My brother was fully willing to buy it before just because of the exclusives despite his high turnover rate so he's smug as hell right. Still not worth it to me, not for that price.

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:09 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Did you ask him the source of information? I'm sure he will be disappointed to find out none of his 360 games will work.
He said the guy who did the XB1 reveal said it (forget his name) at E3. After he told me that, I looked into it. Sounds like times is right, the tech jump means it probably is not happening, my bad. It sounds like the PS4 will be the same way, actually. But it also sounds like it's that and simply that it would be more financially beneficial, for both MS and Sony, to simply release HD remakes for current-gen games and move them to the next-gens instead.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 pm

THANK GOD. Now we can play Killer Instinct without the DRMs and shit.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Q.U. » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 am

Not exactly, PS4 is going to be semi-backwards compatible. Meaning that if you convert your game into digital form through Gaikai you can still run many of them on the new PS4.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Q.U. wrote:Not exactly, PS4 is going to be semi-backwards compatible. Meaning that if you convert your game into digital form through Gaikai you can still run many of them on the new PS4.

That's why I said they can't do true on console backwards compatibility. Right now Sony hasn't said how exactly Gaikai will work, whether you'll have to pop the discs into the PS4, you'll have to buy a copy off the service or it will be some kind of netflix all you can play that might be tied to PSPlus. Also, so far Sony has only announced some PS3 support but nothing of PSX/2 games.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:23 pm

I thought I heard them say that if you have a physical copy of a PS3 game you can somehow "upload" your ownership of it and you will receive the ability to use a digital cloud copy for your PS4.

It's hard to say though, Sony guys were so cryptic and evasive when talking about these things.

Postby top gear tony » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:10 pm

So Microsoft folded did they. I couldn't care less, the fact that they were going to do it is still sickening. Not to mention I like my Killer Instinct will a little more..... well Killer Instinct (and less Street Fighter).

It's cool you can at least buy old PS3 games on the PS4. I have a few friends that are getting a PS4 in line of recent loyalties changing that I'd love to show some of the PS3 exclusives to. Although it will be awhile before most of stuff is up and function, I can at least count on the first party stuff to be up quite fast.
Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Fievel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:49 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Not to mention I like my Killer Instinct will a little more..... well Killer Instinct (and less Street Fighter).

Is that in terms of gameplay? Because Killer Instinct plays pretty terribly compared to most fighting games.
Offended.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Fievel wrote:
top gear tony 666 wrote:Not to mention I like my Killer Instinct will a little more..... well Killer Instinct (and less Street Fighter).

Is that in terms of gameplay? Because Killer Instinct plays pretty terribly compared to most fighting games.

That's not even getting into the fact that you have to buy individual characters.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Awww yeah, can't wait to buy Cinder for fifty bucks, though I'm pretty sure he's dead or something.
Offended.

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 am

Whatis6times9 wrote:
Fievel wrote:

That's not even getting into the fact that you have to buy individual characters.

Just eww Microsoft.
Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming