Blistered Sister Assister

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Blistered Sister Assister

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 am

What parts? The comics or the forums?

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Omegalittlebob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 am

The Forums. I've been following all Snafu comics since 2006. But only wandered into the forums about a year and a half ago. It still baffles me how people jump down my throat and burst out of my chest like I just killed their newborn puppy, every time I mention the blatant similarities between PPG and GT.

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 am

Believe me, you don't want BeeAre comin' in here to explain. He doesn't always phrase things as kindly as Blood Lord.
Then again, sometimes the reverse is also true. No offense, Blood.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 am

@Omegalittlebob:

What a delightful combination of worded gore, Mr. Bob.

Now, Mr. Bob if I may call you that, it was not mine or Blood Lord's intention to pull a Ridley Scott's Alien upon your chest when we pointed that out. I was merely trying to get you up to date. I did not mean for my direct and too the point use of words to come off as an act of wanton violence in the form of vocabulary upon your person.

I was only trying to catch you up so you would not be behind in the current conversation.

Also, I found Blood Lord's response to be rather helpful, you might have made a pretty good fanfic. You mentioned dreams, I always found the act of making ones dreams a reality very interesting. I hope to do that one day myself as well.
If you have the time, you might be surprised with what the human mind can create.

@Blood Lord
I doubt BeeAre would want to add anymore characters or plot elements than he already has planned anyways, in terms of the cast and the many story threads that the artist set up in that first half I doubt BeeAre would want to make it anymore complicated, unless he was a glutton for punishment.
A sort of mental masochism if you will.

But what do I know. I can't speak for BeeAre, only interpret his course of actions and I'm not the most right headed person here.
Bark

Postby Omegalittlebob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry, Mr.Mutt. I did not mean to include your previous post today in my chest bursting metaphor. I was just trying to articulate my feelings of befuddlement when people start to say that if I don't stop talking about this subject, then some God like mod will come down and smite me for trying to have a little fun. And by fun I mean pointing out how even though it has been confirmed they will never interact with each other directly (which I already knew before today), they might still end up having a few parallels. Then by those possible tangental parallels, we might predict how each individual story will run its corse.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:10 am

I see and understand.
Bark

Postby Cielis » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:57 pm

You guys would probably kill me but what's ppg and gt??
CielisXBell

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:06 pm

PPG is shorthand for Powerpuff Girls and GT is shorthand for Grim Tales from Down Below.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey, guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Blossom be able to use her ice breath to alleviate some of the pain in her hands.

Like she could just cup her hands over her mouth and breath a little bit of frost on them to cool them down. I don't know if that would completely numb the pain, but I think it would be a cool way for her to do some impromptu first aid.

If that would work that is.

Would that work, it seems like it makes sense.

I just brought it up because I thought it sounded like a cool way for Blossom to use her powers.
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't think cold hands fix blisters. But at least ease the pain.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

@Madmutt I was wondering the same thing actually. Though I also wonder if there is a risk of her getting frost bite from accidentally using too much?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Omegalittlebob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:44 pm

I think it would definitely help. It would at least numb the pain for awhile so she could keep fighting.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Omegalittlebob wrote:Sorry, Mr.Mutt. I did not mean to include your previous post today in my chest bursting metaphor. I was just trying to articulate my feelings of befuddlement when people start to say that if I don't stop talking about this subject, then some God like mod will come down and smite me for trying to have a little fun.

Any suggestion at all in any way to the contrary will bring me to you to explain in lengthy detail why I deal with the situation on what is almost an hourly basis rather than a daily basis.

Do you have something really annoying in your life? Does that thing happen every single day? Does it sometimes happen several times a day? How annoying is it at the start? How annoying is it a year later?

The wages of irritation are changes that are significant in their permanence by the slightest of degrees.

To wit, I in another part of the form mentioned to Blood Lord the English Longbow, as he takes archery classes.

The Longbow literally deformed the bodies and entire skeletons of the men who used it because of the intense requirements it placed upon the body.

But those intensities that resulted in permanent changes were not done all at once, Spiderman-style. Have what amounts to one bad night and wake up being able to crawl on the ceiling.

These tiny intensities were done over time. Slowly. Like a drop of water every quarter second for a few years. Not even quite a quarter of a milliliter per drop, and yet almost a milliliter per second. In only one thousand seconds, about a liter. Roughly 17 minutes. 16 minutes and 2/3s. Expand this by magnitudes.

It's an ocean in a few years.

When someone says to you that I will come down to smite you and ruin what you are calling fun, believe them.

Because it is not fun for me. D'accord?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby CuteBunnyGirl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:30 pm

:!: :eek: o.O buttercup eye :Buttercup: .. gone splat, What about Bubbles I wonder what happened to her :Bubbles: ! Lucky buttercup was there to save blossom :Blossom: But they haven't saved the day and I really don't know what that white light was earlier on... :'( I hope Bubbles is okay she was my fave char from when I was 9 (I liked the ppg when I was 9 and I even got the plush toy)
:{)
a nice moustache on a smiley face
Your Last Hope Is Flyig So Fly With Me

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Buttercup's eye is fine. The blood is there because of Bell's kick to the side of her head. Just keep in mind that what is occurring now happened at the exact same time as the events that happened while Dexter and company were fighting off everyone else. We probably won't see Bubbles or anyone up top until the bomb explodes here. I think that they will probably be OK though. At the very least (I think) anyone who wasn't dead prior to the bomb's explosion will probably be alright post explosion (again, I think).

I've been a long time fan of PPG as well (Bubbles being my favorite).
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AnimeWannabe » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:45 pm

I've had this hypothesis for a while, but maybe GT and PPG are related. Maybe they're different fates that are in different dimensions that were made by a bunch of different decisions made by the characters.

It's just a thought I had, nothing much but I think it is fairly interesting
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Are you trying to piss BeeAre off?!

The Resident Smartass

Postby AnimeWannabe » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Not really, also I don't know who BeeAre is. :unsure: I'm new here and I'm trying to understand who is who, I've seen his name around but I'm not entirely sure who he is, I believe an artist of one the comics-my content here is not meant to offend anyone nor make them mad
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Don't try to compare GT and PPG. BeeAre hates it. He's the writer of those comics and Admin on the forums.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Actually, Beeare has stated that he has another story planned after the bomb explodes. It is meant to explain Samurai Jack's back story. I believe his wording was somewhere along the lines of forever separating and joining the two. Does this mean that GT is the future of PPGD? No. He stated that the point at which these two forever became separated occurred because of something that Samurai Jack did (that happened prior to the events revealed to us in either comic). If I can find the quote, I'll edit this post with it. Of course, my memory is a bit fuzzy on the subject.

Also, Beeare is the head writer of PPG and one of the administrators of Snafu. Welcome to the forums! Be sure to read up on the rules of the forums. Most importantly, have fun!

EDIT: Here's what I've found so far.
BeeAre wrote:As to people saying I am wasting an opportunity and/or being inaccurate as to the long ago separation, if we ever get to Samurai Jack's side-story, you'll understand. ¦:3
Last edited by Cerulean on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies, for the love of God, please attempt to be nicer to the new people. They haven't been here as long as you have. We use different lingo that takes a while to get use to, such as the acronyms for the comics and sections. They don't know who is who on here, and they use a completely different train of thought then you do. Stop scaring them, that's my job for when someone gets stupid and out of line. bluebluetopaz, you my good lady, have displayed the correct attitude and response towards newbies and their questions. You deserve a medal for an outstanding job.

Unfortunately, I do not have such medals, so you are going to have to live with being recognized.

Cielis wrote:You guys would probably kill me but what's ppg and gt??

bluebluetopaz, was correct. As a method to save time and space, we abbreviate the comics, shows, and sometimes sections of the forums.

Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi = PpGD
GT = Grim Tales
GTFDB = Grim Tales From Down Below
GT:WHAM = Grim Tales What About Mimi
GTFO = Grim Tales: Further Orientation.
SB = Sugar Bits
etc.

AnimeWannabe wrote:Not really, also I don't know who BeeAre is. :unsure: I'm new here and I'm trying to understand who is who, I've seen his name around but I'm not entirely sure who he is, I believe an artist of one the comics-my content here is not meant to offend anyone nor make them mad

BeeAre is one of the sites Administrators and the writer/editor of PpGD.

Other than that, don't worry. People should be understanding that you are new here and give you some time to adjust and get use to things.

AnimeWannabe wrote:I've had this hypothesis for a while, but maybe GT and PPG are related. Maybe they're different fates that are in different dimensions that were made by a bunch of different decisions made by the characters.

However, I do have to point out the stupidity of this comment. If you read the last page or so of this thread, then you would have seen that they are not connected and that you are basically right. Although the break off between them happened a long time ago and that issue is dealt more with the back story of Samurai Jack. Just keep in mind that they are not related in the sense that PpGD is the past of GT. They are alternate worlds.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Sorry about that, man. Didn't realize you were fresh. Welcome to the forums. Some guys here may seem like jerks, but once you get to know 'em, they're not that bad.

The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Why are we all habitually mean to new members? I never understand myself even.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Archrival » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:37 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Why are we all habitually mean to new members? I never understand myself even.

The internet, that is all.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Archrival wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Why are we all habitually mean to new members? I never understand myself even.

The internet, that is all.

Nature?

Anyways, what is there to talk about whilest we wait for the next page? Anything we have yet to discuss that is of any relevance?

Maybe informing "greener" members of the findings forged from past extensive/conclusive discussion that are of any count?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!