And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Q.U. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:37 am

Watching TV on your phone is innovative. Because a phone is mobile, unlike your plasma TV.

I know what you mean, consolidation is innovation, I don't dispute that. But most of this consolidation on Xbox right now is simply adding features to be built-in or mandatory to use. Most of these features you were already able to link up to one device before, just that it was your choice on which features you wanted to add and which not. Xbox makes me feel like they've decided to help the technologically illiterate people by putting everything into one device so that you don't have to set it up properly yourself, but also losing most of your customisation. It's like people who continued using Internet Explorer, back when FF, Safari, Chrome and Opera were on the rise.

Also, I don't claim Xbox One is a piece of trash. It's a fancy expensive gizmo. To me personally all Xbox One, PS4, and WiiU are equally uninteresting and uninspiring.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 am

I'm just getting PS4 because it's just like the PS3 and lets me play the games that are going to come out while also supposedly having a nicer menu.

A couple things I'm wondering about it though is if I'd be able to play blu rays on it like with the PS3, or if I'd be able to download older PS3 games to make up for no backwards compatibility.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am

I don't feel comfortable with the "kinect must see how many people are playing" and "kinect detects this and kinect spies that" deal with the xbox. People say "uh people it's not that big a deal, you know you can face the kinect to the wall right?" yeah, until it becomes mandatory ("Kinect must detect at least one human being to be able to run"). Microsoft is creeping me out, it really is, and what creeps me out even more are people who are happy about this. I can't believe there could be anyone who's happy about a development like this.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 am

I'm not happy that it's less powerful than the PS4 yet costs $100 more. Also its pretty shitty that they wouldn't release it in Poland on launch. Yah know like how the makers of Witcher 3 are from Poland
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Yog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm

I also personally feel that what really shot Microsoft in the foot was their conduct with everything.

I mean, christ, they made these policies, these bullshit rules, and when everyone was up in arms, they just ignored it and kept their smug attitude.

I need to find the article somewhere, but if I recall, one of the executives at Microsoft pretty much said, "Oh, they're angry now, but everyone will buy it anyway."

EM, I understand your point. It's quite fair.

But when a company shows such blatant disregard for it's customers, and then assumes that our reactions don't matter, well, I just have one thing to say.

Fuck YOU, Microsoft.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby Yog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:28 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/ms-says-game ... 4678.phtml

There's a couple articles about it, but there ya go.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby Hiryu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

I've been home for about 30 minutes. In that time, I told the dogs to walk themselves (because they actually do that), cleaned the dog kennel and fed 'em.
Still haven't fed Nina 'cause she's gonna eat when I do.
And my pants are off already.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Also anyone that says going Digital is the future is a fool, it's anti consumer and the only people who make it seem positive are corporate shills.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Finally, I am employed. I start tomorrow. Time to make some money
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Congrats! :D

Mephobiac

Postby noxux » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Congratulations Tuor.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Really, 21-23/4 for Mark Streit. The fuck is wrong with Homer?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:00 pm

…Wow, that's surprising
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Yeah, great another aging unmovable piece. Unless we package him up in a deal, then that would be sly as fuck. If he got an NTC/NMC I will scream. I really don't get this move unless they're salary dumping a few guys or Homer wants to be fired.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Millo wrote:I'm not happy that it's less powerful than the PS4 yet costs $100 more. Also its pretty shitty that they wouldn't release it in Poland on launch. Yah know like how the makers of Witcher 3 are from Poland

Oh, why would the Xbox care about the next greatest RPG of our time?
For the Greater Good

Postby Q.U. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 pm

So, I somehow managed to catch up on the whole 3rd season of GoT.

Impressions still mixed.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Naturally
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 pm

I gotto say though,    Walder Frey sure knows how to throw a party   .

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Frey parties are to die for   
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:56 pm

So I'm probably gonna get a Summer class on Foreign Language and I'm choosing Japanese.
Anyone know Japanese here? I know Tuor and Hana do.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:05 pm

I know about Japanese, I don't really know any of the language itself beyond like a few token phrases
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Ah, gotcha Tuor. Thanks anyway.

Wussop Derkshurc
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby darkshark » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 pm

nothing

just like this forum

i'm probably gonna go get high
buh

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

k bye
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!