The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:15 am

I don't think they could have picked anyone better than Michael Cera for that movie.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:22 am

Anton Yelchin and Jesse Eisenberg would be acceptable substitutes.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:25 am

Acceptable substitutes, maybe, but not optimal choices.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Teran » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:26 am

What I meant is that Anton Yelchin, Michael Cera and Jesse Eisenberg have many physical similarities.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:35 am

I would have enjoyed the scott pilgrim movie so much more if i hadn't read the books before.
The inverse happened to a friend of mine.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:38 am

Ya, I have friends that have said the same thing
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:08 am

I saw the movie while I was at vol. 3. Although I was a bit disappointed at the different story, but not every adaptation will have the same story elements than the original. I mean, 6 volumes in one movie?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:14 am

I know, i was content with the movie, but sadly i felt the books were a bit better.
That is often the case with movies that are adapted from such kind of material, so i was able to relax and enjoy the movie, but i would still have enjoyed it more if i hadn't read them.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:22 am

Hmm true. Are there any movies that have the story on both the movie and media adapted very similar?
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:25 am

The closest I've ever seen, was A Separate Peace. The movie and the book were almost identical.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 am

Even the newest episodes of The Simpsons had more depth than the new Superman movie.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:38 am

Havoc751 wrote:The closest I've ever seen, was A Separate Peace. The movie and the book were almost identical.

The closest I've seen myself is Fellowship of the ring so far. The only differences are the missing references to the hobbit and a few scenes. Also how the backstory is explained.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Guess I'll be able to play Halo 5 after all. Microsoft will remove the used games restriction and the online check thing.

Gameinformer article

IGN article

I certainly like these changes.

Postby Exodis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Well, things might be lookin' up for the Xbox One.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Heh, I thought of a "Conspiracy Keanu" image that says something like "What if the Xbone features never existed... and it was all a marketing strategy" or something like that.

What if those features were never meant to exist and Microsoft just mentioned them to remove them in the future and look good? After all, many will claim that Microsoft "does listen to their community".

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 pm

More alarming are the theories that dictate they'll flip the DRM on once everyone has bought an xbox.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Mir@k wrote:More alarming are the theories that dictate they'll flip the DRM on once everyone has bought an xbox.
While I'm not convinced that Micro$oft will put themselves in the center of such a huge Public Image crisis by doing that, I am still VERY unconvinced about the Xbone.

Why should I trust a company that just a few days ago was perfectly fine in fucking me in every way they could in regards to gaming? No, they didn't learn their lesson. In fact this is exactly what they wanted. They poked us with a stick, then a bigger stick, then a spear. They kept poking us with bigger things until we cried.

Then they just went back to the second-biggest stick and now we are saying "Gee, thanks Micro$oft? I guess they learned their lesson?"

Nah, I ain't buying any of that.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah i'm not buying one purely out of spite. I'm not so stupid to buy a console just for a few exclusives like those that get one just for halo (lul).
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:54 am

I don't plan on buying an Xbox one at any point in the future. I might get a PS4, but for $400, there needs to be greater selection of good games before I even consider getting one. I think I might give it bit, and see if there's a substantial amount of game releases I'm interested in.

I agree with Bird. Just because Microsoft's doing away with the DRM, and pre-owned restrictions now, doesn't mean they won't reinstate later down the line, once everyone has bought the Xbox one.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:58 am

Actually Mir@k is kinda the one who pointed out the whole DRM thing. I was mostly just agreeing with him, then going on my usual Micro$oft hate rant.

I don't want to hate Microsoft, but god damn it they are leaving me no choice.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Teran » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:16 pm

I had like the weirdest dream ever.

So I was dreaming that I was here in Snafu (yeah, I know, my life is sooooooo exciting, right?) posting my opinion of the most recent page of PPGD (I didn't liked the page, by the way).

For some strange reason I posted something like "it's like watching The Matrix, after Smith captures Morpheus. Instead of rescuing him immediately, they decide to spend some time at the beach and then rescue it". I wrote it as a script, and it got sold, because in the next scene I was at the big screen watching the crap I wrote. It made no sense at all.

But I guess I had that dream as a way to express my frustration on pages like this, instead of, you know, wrapping this fight once and for all.

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Cool story, bro.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Teran » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:02 pm

>:/

Thanks?

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Haha kidding.
Strange tale, tbh. The fact a script like that was actually shown in theaters shows that Hollywood's losing ideas.
"Remember that one scene where Smith kidnapped Morpheus? How about they went to the beach? Okay, it's a go."

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:55 am

I guess since the 'Dream Thread', became the 'Damn Thread', a general chat thread would be the next best place to post something like that.

The majority of my Dreams make no fucking sense what so ever.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)