E3

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: E3

Postby Exodis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 pm

So here's what happened.
My brother was walking around Los Angeles when he came upon the L.A. Convention Center where they were hosting E3. So he thought "Let's see if I can get in."
AND HE FUCKIN' DID.
He said it was awesome as there was so many games there and a lot promos for the new games! He even got pictures of his time inside! Lucky bastard... and here I am doing homework.
*grumble*
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:38 am

Be glad you're doing homework. I would focus on education when nessecary. E3 is a secondary objective.
F U Im evil

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 am

Man, I really thought that Wii Fit Trainer was a joke, but boy... It would be hilarious if she was one of the best characters and all the pros had to use her.

Given how well it worked for Brawl, they might do the "trickle" reveals of new characters again.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:57 pm

After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby Exodis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Well that's stupid. Then it won't be the same zombie sandbox game we know and love. It'll just be another CoD rip-off. I'm dissapointed.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm

One time, I read an article, the developers of red orchestra, had playtesters complain about the game not playing like call of duty.

My expression was this:
CoD is easy for people to play. But that what's makes it boring. No legitimate challenge in competetive multiplayer.
F U Im evil

Postby top gear tony 666 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Technically COD is perfect, tight controls, easy to play, working addictive multiplayer and so on. But the thing is, we already have cod. We don't want another game to copy it. Especially a game that's know to be very far removed from all that crap. Everything that got me into Dead Rising won't be found in any COD game or rip off..
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

The industry thinks the best way to stand out is by looking the same. But the problem is that the gamers who play CoD aren't all likely to be stolen away from CoD let alone by a game that looks exactly like CoD.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Technically COD is perfect, tight controls, easy to play, working addictive multiplayer and so on.

Do I look like a person that plays games because it's "easy". That infuriates me. I use knowledge and legitimate experience and understanding of the map to enjoy multiplayer. Not playing it just to prestige to sound cool and get "better". Fuck. This is why there are so many kids in there. If I do have a kid, the first game I will make my child play is halo, because surprise mother fucker! That was my first game.

Sorry. I know we all have opinions. I just get annoyed greatly when I see everyone obsess over a game that require's little to no actual skill to play competitively.

And please tell me why people fall for Treyarch and infinity ward's copy and paste formula for each new release?
F U Im evil

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Neither of those games are all that deep, herpaderp.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Maru » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Deep, no. Entertaining, yes.

Just, I never got to totally experience Dead Rising (my older cousin rented it), but are you joking? It's a game where you can put on a toy MegaBuster and do damage. It's a game where you can beat up the dead head on. It's a game where you can take pictures of the zombies for the hell of it. And Capcom wants to turn all that whimsy and difference into a recycled zombie FPS a seven-year-old can play?

These idiots need a tennis ball to the face via MegaBuster.

Also, WiiFit Trainer might be interesting to play as. It just looks like a really cheap marketing add-on (well duh).
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Biostar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:22 pm

My brother already said he has dibs on her. Pfft

Postby top gear tony 666 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:29 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
top gear tony 666 wrote:Technically COD is perfect, tight controls, easy to play, working addictive multiplayer and so on.

Do I look like a person that plays games because it's "easy". That infuriates me. I use knowledge and legitimate experience and understanding of the map to enjoy multiplayer. Not playing it just to prestige to sound cool and get "better". Fuck. This is why there are so many kids in there. If I do have a kid, the first game I will make my child play is halo, because surprise mother fucker! That was my first game.

Sorry. I know we all have opinions. I just get annoyed greatly when I see everyone obsess over a game that require's little to no actual skill to play competitively.

And please tell me why people fall for Treyarch and infinity ward's copy and paste formula for each new release?

I never said I liked COD. I just know a mechanically sound game when I see one. By easy to play, I mean easy to pick up and play. Not as in easy to beat. Although it isn't exactly the trails of olympus either.I love challenge to an masochistic degree. A friend and I are trying to get though the Ninja trails on Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and I can tell you now that my ass still hurts.

COD has a lot of undeserved flak. People hate COD because of it's user base of mostly 12 year old's and how every game is trying to be it. It's not COD's fault. It's just there being itself.

I don't hate COD because Dead Rising 3 is going to be a shell of of it's former self because it's wearing a half assed shell of another. I hate Capcom for being so bloody stupid.

At least Treyarch try to mix things up under the tyrannical eyes of Activision. As far as Infinity Ward are concerned they can fuck off.

I'm more of a Battlefield guy nowadays anyway.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm

I am not too big of a fan of military shooters in the first place. I only found battlefield 3 to be interesting. Thats about it.
F U Im evil

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Vegedus wrote:Man, I really thought that Wii Fit Trainer was a joke, but boy... It would be hilarious if she was one of the best characters and all the pros had to use her.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that is so hilarious. She is totally my new main...actually I would love a Male Wii Fit Trainer.
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 am

I suspect at this point that Sakurai is intentionally putting in characters that are insane to make sure people don't get too serious. He might remove random tripping, and add like. The Fucking N64 itself as a character to fight, just to keep fucking with people's heads. Smash ball? giant fucking cartridge
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Maru » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:33 pm

A TWEWY character would be nice. Specifically because Enix has been trying pretty desperately to make it popular since it's DS release.

There's also a theory on custom move sets. Think about it; how the hell would all those Megaman forms be available? This would also apply to other characters as well; WiiFit could get different exercises, Pikachu could have more moves, Link could use hookshots (could he already?), and if my prayers are answered, Neku could have different Psychs to appeal to those weirdos who're like 'NUH UHH I USE LANCE LUNGE AND PYROKINESIS!!1!'
My DA
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Remni » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:47 pm

The MegaMan forms are most likely available the same way you use the Pokemon Trainer to switch pokemon in Brawl. Just press D-Pad Down to switch the form.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
||The soul sheds light and death is it's shadow. When the light dims, life and death embrace.||
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Maru » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:30 pm

But with 8+ forms, it'd be a bit seconds-consuming to keep d-padding for the form you want.
My DA
Mental Clue Bullets

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming