Relax, it's just bromance

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 pm

ari-6 wrote:I didn't want to say anything because I was worried I might upset someone but before when I said I didn't think HIM was playing an elaborate chess game, it's not because I thought it wasn't his style, it was because I can't picture these stories getting that elaborate. You are all coming up with ideas about what might happen next and they all have a lot of thought behind them but I'm worried what actually happens might be a bit disappointing in comparison.

It happens nine times out of ten, especially with GT. Only PpGD has been able to keep things more interesting and complex. Like that damn bomb. The issue with GT is that there are a lot of possible expansions that they could run off on, but instead leave them open like gaping wounds. Such as discovering Jr's Father, the Fall of Megaville, Blossom's relation with the Underworld, the Grim Family "behind-the-scenes", etc. GT seems to be nothing more than fan service and pop-culture references. Hopefully the new editor/writer guy can fix that problem.

ari-6 wrote:You draw? What kind of stuff?

The anime/manga style is a primary focus. I like the level of expression and ease it has to it. It's simple, but so interesting to me at the same time. I have done realism and landscapes, better with landscapes, and I've brushed with sign designs.

TheMadDoctor wrote:He has a deviantart page. I don't know how often he uses it.

Yup. Haven't updated it for a while, need to, but can't until I get this semester over.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:58 pm

My final exams are finished for me. Hell of a weird day for me.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:56 am

Haven't updated in 3 months. Now that I finished my FMP that should change.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Krest » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:27 am

Blood Lord wrote:Look, if you want to start shipping them in a fanfic, go ahead. But it isn't happening in the comic. It's not only suggested, nor hinted, but commanded in the title.

When you develop theories and ideas, it has to have some concrete evidence to stand on, not the sort of fluffy shit that dreams, hopes, and wishes are made on. Should you ignore that fundamental philosophical and logical principle, then I have by full right the authority and power to make you look like a dumb ass. Just a heads up on that.

So if you want to go ship a gay relationship between Aku and Him, there is a Literature section in the site. Go knock yourself out. But as for here, you don't let your personal feelings mix into comic interpretations. Especially when you have the title of the page counteracting what you are saying.


How can you guarantee it won't happen? Also, you do realize I AM shipping them in a fanfic already as this is a fanfic correct?

Concrete evidence? Dreams, hopes, and wishes? I know you know better than this, Blood Lord. You've read this comic and comics like it. Dreams, hopes, and wishes make up 100% of the stuff in them. And what do you mean by concrete evidence? Blossom screwed HIM. Mandy ended up giving birth to four children. AKU not only lives, he/she has a DAUGHTER. Even Adventure Time characters have a cameo. This ENTIRE SERIES has less probability than FusionFall, and that's saying alot. Seeing as Aku can take (and even enjoys) female form and how eccentric HIM is, they could have a friends with benefits act (without us seeing it happen, of course) in the next five minutes. What evidence do you have that lets you claim that it WON'T happen? Plus, the title is itself a tease. No page titles are ever serious. That's the humor of it.

And why are you stating the relationship is gay? Aku may not even have a gender to begin with. HIM is naturally male. It would only be "gay" if Aku and HIM did it as males. Plus, why emphasize it as gay in the first place? We already know Bleedman is keen on allowing same-gender relationships. Heck, this chapter explicitely states Chi's lust for Mimi.

And what about my personal feelings? My heart doesn't beat rapidly when I see that page. I made a CALCULATED observation based on the nature of characters in Bleedman's depiction of that universe. Mandy especially, we know tons of characters are keen on going physical on a daily basis. I made a calculated, intelligent observation and stated my general opinion on the possibilities of what's to come.

Normally you're smart about these things, Blood Lord. It's like your personality completely changed just because of one person's opinion. You're normally not this...direct.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:46 am

I'm not gonna bother to respond to something like that. But, I guess I just did, so nothing further will be spoken from me. Other than that you never really "calculated" anything. You just were wanting porn of aku and Him.
Krest wrote:SHIPPING IKRA X HIM NOW :D


Krest wrote: though, I REALLY want to see their offspring.

I mean, look at what you wrote there! No logical statement. Just a request for rule 34 to play into effect so soon.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:07 am

"Calculated", "logical" and "shipping" aren't words that usually appear in the same sentence.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:03 am

He probably meant logic. You use deductive reasoning with it. Not math. We try to predict here.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm not gonna bother... I'll just wait for Blood to deal with it. It's kind of an unspoken rule of the forum: Don't argue with Blood Lord. He has this way of taking what you said, and going against it in a way that makes you look like the biggest idiot in the forum.
...
I'm not convinced that Aku took the form of Ikra to appeal to Him, it may just be the form he takes when he enters the baths. For what reason, I can't say. I just wanted to throw something out there that may go against "Aku is coming on to Him".
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2889
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Before he changed his picture he gave me the impression he was someone who could make someone else run from the room/forum crying because they made a spelling error.
As for why Aku is naked as a woman. I'm sure there is nothing going on but fanservice
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Fanservice isn't always good just because people want it to happen.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:07 pm

9 times out of 10 fanservice does nothing for a story, I think
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Well you guys & girls have been discussing some :?: interesting :?: things while i have been gone. And i am so glad BloodLord and TheMadDoctor (nice picture) are not horndogs like most people. As for what fan-service does for anything is promote business and to ensure returning costumers. If you question this, just go and watch some anime. Just about everything anime is at least 40% fanservice of women and men (got to get both groups of buyers). For what i think is going to happen from Him sending Mimi into Castle Grimskull, I just think that the SH*T IS GOING To HIT THE FAN.
Spread a little Chaos
Image
Let Chaos Rule
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Krest, you're an idiot.

Krest wrote:How can you guarantee it won't happen?

How can you guarantee that it will?

Krest wrote:Also, you do realize I AM shipping them in a fanfic already as this is a fanfic correct?

You do realize what a fanfic is, right? You aren't already shipping them in a fanfic because it is a fanfic. that's just using your hopeful imagination. A fanfic is a fictional work created by a fan of a work. If you are already doing this, don't expect me to know. I'm not keeping track of how many fanfics there are out there when there are more important things to deal with.

Krest wrote:Concrete evidence? Dreams, hopes, and wishes?

The first part is what you are lacking, the second part is what you are using.

Krest wrote:Dreams, hopes, and wishes make up 100% of the stuff in them

Well duh, you dumb shit. It's a fictional story. However, when you are making predictions and theories on things that happen within that fictional story you cannot use your own dreams, hopes, and wishes. Or else saying that in the next Doctor Who, they are going to have a team up with Master Chief and fight Barack Obama only to realize half way through that the Chief is actually Obama, and the false one is made up of ponies, would be completely logical, when it isn't. Nothing in Doctor Who points to that idea happening. So making that claim would make you look like a dumb ass.

Krest wrote:what do you mean by concrete evidence?

Concrete evidence would be support from the comic. Either events or the characters themselves actually saying something. You can also draw from previous sources that the material makes. For example, if a work uses information drawn out from tv show or another comic, you can use the information from that to gain more knowledge and insight to craft ideas.

Personally, I like to figure out how something worked, like how was Chi born. Was it natural, or was it something far more dark. It's better than "blank" will happen in the future.

Krest wrote:Blossom screwed HIM. Mandy ended up giving birth to four children. AKU not only lives, he/she has a DAUGHTER. Even Adventure Time characters have a cameo. This ENTIRE SERIES has less probability than FusionFall, and that's saying alot.

Mandy only gave birth to two, not four. AfterBirth is no longer considered to be canon.

I don't dispute this piece of evidence, but I don't see what you are trying to get at here. It has nothing to do with -hamburgers- this comic. Like that. That is how useful this is in your argument against me. Which is pathetic because you aren't attacking what I'm saying, you are going after the individual. Now, I am going after you and your argument if there was an argument. There isn't, btw.

Krest wrote:m and how eccentric HIM is, they could have a friends with benefits act (without us seeing it happen, of course) in the next five minutes. What evidence do you have that lets you claim that it WON'T happen?

Besides the comic title?
Besides common sense?
Besides the fact that we have been told?
Besides confirmation from Bleedman?

The fuck do you want here, a disclaimer?

What evidence do you have that it will happen? You aren't providing anything. Nothing at all to help your cause.

Krest wrote:Plus, the title is itself a tease. No page titles are ever serious. That's the humor of it.

Stop bullshitting yourself. Every title of the comic gives an indication to the read of what is happening. It's like the title of a book, but going by your logic then, Lord of the Rings clearly doesn't have anything to do about a Lord or rings or a Lord of the Rings, and must be about space marines and the Holocaust.
Image

Krest wrote:And why are you stating the relationship is gay? Aku may not even have a gender to begin with.

http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Aku
Scroll down to just below the image of Aku.
Gender Male

WHAT NOW, MOTHER FUCKER?

You think I don't check my shit when I say something? Clearly yes. Furthermore, it is clear that you made the unfortunate decision to assume something instead of looking for evidence to back your claims up.

Krest wrote:And what about my personal feelings?

Does it look like I care about your personal feelings? No, not really. I can be kinda heartless about that and not really care either about that.

Krest wrote:I made a CALCULATED observation based on the nature of characters in Bleedman's depiction of that universe.

Yet you still managed to fuck that one up.

Krest wrote:Mandy especially, we know tons of characters are keen on going physical on a daily basis

So you judged a character by another? Or even a group to judge one? Hold on, let me get the rest of this up.

Krest wrote:I made a calculated, intelligent observation and stated my general opinion on the possibilities of what's to come.

You made a rash assumption about a character who is far more different than any other character in Bleedman's work. There was nothing "calculated" or "intelligent" about your observations. You assumed, flat out, that one character is going to be just like the rest. That's stupid.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 pm

This might sound mean. But that was hilarious. Thank you for shutting up the brick wall.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Blood Lord wrote: in the next Doctor Who, they are going to have a team up with Master Chief and fight Barack Obama only to realize half way through that the Chief is actually Obama, and the false one is made up of ponies

Sounds like the greatest plot for a fanfic ever!
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank You BLOODLORD!!!!!!!!

Man I really don't like those type of people who can only think and see in sexual themes. That is the only reason why i watch oldies movies, they actually have story and never show anything revealing and it is never only about boobies and shoving *sses in your face 24/7.

Anyone going to see the new Lone Ranger? just asking
Spread a little Chaos
Image
Let Chaos Rule
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Anyone going to see the new Lone Ranger? just asking

Yes, but its irrelevant to the topic of the thread. We are discussing movies in the Bleedman Talk thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54630&start=400

You can discuss more about it there with more people responding and you won't get in trouble for going off topic.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:It's kind of an unspoken rule of the forum: Don't argue with Blood Lord. He has this way of taking what you said, and going against it in a way that makes you look like the biggest idiot in the forum.

Blood just used Krest to prove my point. Not with that intention, of course.
...
Now to move on to another subject... I'm personally curious as to what Him intends to discuss with Aku. He's made it clear it has nothing to do with Mimi, but maybe it involves Chi. Any thoughts?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2889
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:28 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it involved the return of Dan (danny) Phantom, whom may have seized control of the ghost zone from Walker. (highly unlikely, though, why not? Just a thought)

Or maybe HIM's going to mislead Aku to believe Grimskull (Mandy basically) is planning on assaulting and/or take control of their realms through force ( HIM informing him about Jr's "capabilities") or by other means. (i'll get to that)

If chi winds up going to grimskull on her own at some point and is attacked and/or captured, HIM could play off such as a verified act of aggression against his and HIM's realms to which HIM will reveal that the grim family has captured Mimi as well (probably not going to mention when her captured occured (probably play it off as a recent event)).

Just a ramble of course.. By phone, so, do tell if there are any "mentionable" (big) errors in this post.
These aren't assumptions, just thoughts is all....
Image
Flerp flerps
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.
Gender: Male

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Now to move on to another subject... I'm personally curious as to what Him intends to discuss with Aku. He's made it clear it has nothing to do with Mimi, but maybe it involves Chi. Any thoughts?

I assume either two things:

1) Expanding their empires (i.e. achieving greater power).

2) The power that they currently hold, is somehow in jeopardy.

In the other forum, I came up with the theory that someone from Megaville, is seeking revenge against the underworld, and is somehow enough of a threat, that it has Him worried.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests