Blistered Sister Assister

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Blistered Sister Assister

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

All I have to say is... damn! Buttercup took the kick like she wanted it. Great page as always.

Postby stratus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:45 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:She lost an eye there. Now we will see an cool eye patch for the rest of the comic.
just a common anime/manga effect shadowing out 1 eye or having 1 eye covered by hair makes the face more dramatic/serious

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:09 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:You idiot, she's like twelve. If your hands were blistering, would you be throwing them around at someone?

you forget that she's also not human and has superhuman durability. if you've watched PPG before, you'd know that she and her sisters took injuries that a normal person would die from and they'd recover from them afterwards. otherwise, she wouldn't have such a reputation for fighting giant monsters and super villains as she is known for being a superhero. but i guess you didn't know that judging by that comment of yours eh? lol oh well, i won't blame you for that.
Last edited by NallCalmer on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demons, superhumans. Meh. Same crap, different day.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Yes, but I seen the episode when they got sunburned, and that didn't work out so well for the rest of the episode. They arent kryptonians. Kryptonians can never get burned.
Never anger a magician

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 pm

true, but burns never stopped them before. Blossom would tough it out just as Buttercup is (and has been) doing atm if she didn't have anything emotionally keeping her restrained. i'd say its guilt thats lingering within her.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Give me one good episode, where a burn didn't stop her. You are also right about the guilt. Bell is particullarly lonely, and because of this wen't bezerk in a mindless rage. But still, even if she wasn't guiltly. Don't you think Third Degree burns would immobilize her?
Never anger a magician

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I leave for a few hours and I come back to this.

NallCalmer wrote:you forget that she's also not human and has superhuman durability

NallCalmer wrote:burns never stopped them before.

You seem to forget that those aren't normal burns caused by a normal heat source either. Regardless of her superhuman abilities, deflecting superhuman heat blasts with your hands is going to leave some superhuman burns.

Point being, in the end, she's on the god damn ground in a lot of pain.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh, please, it's just a flesh wound. Put a Band-Aid on it, she'll be fine...
Okay, I'm kidding. That shit fuckin' hurts.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Finally! Someone who speaks english! What kind of blasts are those on the other hand? They don't seem to be lasers, more like white gobs of plasma.
Never anger a magician

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 pm

A white-hot beam of focused energy that has been concentrated by Gir, multiplied, and released as orbs of equal intensity.

The Resident Smartass

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Yes, it may as well energy. But I given the third degree burns blossom recieved, and the relatively slow movement, I wonder if its plasma: a stage of matter where the atoms are superheated to extreme temperatures.
Never anger a magician

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Give me one good episode, where a burn didn't stop her. You are also right about the guilt. Bell is particullarly lonely, and because of this wen't bezerk in a mindless rage. But still, even if she wasn't guiltly. Don't you think Third Degree burns would immobilize her?

:roll: ...really? do i have to? -sigh- fine.
there're alot of episodes from different seasons that has shown them being burned charcoal black at times (it is a cartoon after all) while i don't want to go through an in-depth detail of that episode and assume that you might remember watching it, ill do the best i can. but if you want any good one, how about the Hot Air Buffoon (one of my favs) episode when the Mayor of Townsville went out of control flying across the city in his hot air balloon punching the daylights out of ppl with his extending punching glove called the Equalizer. the PPG tried to stop the Mayor of Townsville from punching everyone in town w/ his extending punching glove as he was unknowingly terrorizing the citizens and making quite a few mistakes along the way believing that he was fighting crime. one of his mistakes as he attempted to use his weapon on the PPGs was accidentally hitting the missile launch button in is office that in-turn launched missiles that targeted the town. the girls managed to stop the missiles in a nick of time however the Mayor tried to assist them w/ his Equalizer and unfortunately and idiotically punched the one that Blossom stopped one her own. the explosion destroyed much of the town and everyone, including the PPGs, were burned from it.

now, judging by how they looked in their burned state after surviving from that, that should be enough to tell you that they've took more damage than you could estimate and survived. sure they're not like Superman, but they're pretty damn close if they could survive anything that catastrophic (its a catoon of course). hell, they were born from chemical X. again, burns aren't and shouldn't be a damn thing for them to worry about if they can recover from it. Blossoms burned hands will be fine once she has time to heal. otherwise, as i said before, she could brave damage such as that and would've continue fighting if only she wasn't feeling so brought down.

...then again, anything could happen in this comic if Bleedman allows it right? :/

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 pm

You know, I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed (If so, oh well), but I thought of something regarding Bell. As it has been stated, Powerpuffs are usually created in groups of three, yet Bell was created alone, resulting in a more unstable creation. But here's the thing. The girl's colors are red, green and blue. These colors are a commonly used palette for creating color mixtures. When all three values are maxed, you get white. I wonder if because Bell is a single, focused Powerpuff, that is why her color is white... I may be wrong, and this may have been brought up before, but it crossed my mind, so there we go.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Thellos » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Mayhaps we can see what everyone else is doing now, yes?
Last edited by BeeAre on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: You don't need color in the font, silly. (BR: This was here when I got here, but the color was still there. That's weird. >_> )
Demented Eccentric

Postby kingofkings0809 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:13 pm

i love this so far it is really good so keep it up and i love how buttercup took that like a BOSS!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:29 pm

NallCalmer wrote:
...then again, anything could happen in this comic if Bleedman allows it right? :/

Wow, lets forget I even addressed you.

You are taking a cartoon show that was meant for little kids, and adding a bit more levels of maturity to it. You are going to want to create drama, excitement, worry, pain, happiness, etc. You can get that with some invincible ass mother fucker.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:You know, I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed

It has. BR poked at it and it was either the combination as you said or the absence of color.

Thellos wrote:Mayhaps we can see what everyone else is doing now, yes?

Like who?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 pm

I think we got everyone. Now lets wait for that KABOOM!!!
Never anger a magician

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I actually want to see a berserk full metal Samantha crashing back into the battle again

>8] Do you now?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote: You are taking a cartoon show that was meant for little kids, and adding a bit more levels of maturity to it. You are going to want to create drama, excitement, worry, pain, happiness, etc. You can get that with some invincible ass mother fucker.

eh, someone asked for an example and i provided it.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 pm

And they weren't quite relevant. If this was a cartoon. Her hands were be black. But no. The more mature atmosphere requires more realistic burns. Such as the second or even third degree burns she received. You just seem to think that just because Blossom is an unnatural superhuman being means she can take powerful burns. She's not immune to pain. You also seem to underestimate Bell's powers.
Never anger a magician

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:17 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:And they weren't quite relevant. If this was a cartoon. Her hands were be black. But no. The more mature atmosphere requires more realistic burns. Such as the second or even third degree burns she received. You just seem to think that just because Blossom is an unnatural superhuman being means she can take powerful burns. She's not immune to pain. You also seem to underestimate Bell's powers.

hey, it was you who asked for an episode. what, you wanted an example where the girls had shown signs of serious injury, i can only say that you'd only find it here in this comic. yes that episode was indeed from a kid show (which was where those girls originated) and yes they're not invincible, all powerful beings and do show weaknesses. however, i wouldn't believe for them to be THAT weak to not recover from such said burned injuries. you think too little of them. they can suffer as other humans, but i doubt that they're limits are quite on par w/ ours.

Postby rac7d » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 pm

To be fair it hard to understnad how durable the girls are. I always assumed they replicated superman basic powerset thugh divided by three. We know for sure that things like bullets, acid, most high speed projectiles, cant ripp through them like tissue, but blossom already warned us that she could tell the energy blast comgin at her would be too hot fo her to handle.

Matter fact extreme heat is one off the few constant thing that cartoon showed the girls to be supcepiable to.

Anyway considering the Buttercup can generate fire with er hands she should be okay. agasint any ki attacks, and bounce the enrgy back at her.

I hope bell stays mad and they can go a few rounds. Buttercup is the toughphest fighter (and bell may be facing her first opponent who has been seriously able to knock her down) but bell has always been show as an excelletn martial artist. Buttercup has the advantage but its not a sure thing, bell still a good a match, not to mention she has gir, who in his own way replicates blossom sherlock vision asses situation and analyzing the best next step.

My guees for what to ahppen next is both Girl and blossom will play support as bell and buttercup go at it. Blossom will only get in the way if she jumps in physically.

Finally Sam, If she is smart like I know she is she will sneak on over and hook up the bomb. If she lets blind rage get to her she will be obliterated jumping into fight that out of her League

Postby Drago2552 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Maybe bell hits the bomb on her back and the world goes boom. Also the guy that said about the 3 puffs abilities compared to bell was right on the mark.

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm

BeeAre wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:I actually want to see a berserk full metal Samantha crashing back into the battle again

>8] Do you now?

Whenever you get like this, I feel like something's about to go boom. Then again, I think that the good doctor is correct. We may be at that point now. However, we may need to wait until GT's gotten three or so more updates before the conclusion.
It used to be so nice, back when each comic took a turn getting updated. I hope we get back to that at some point.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 pm

NallCalmer wrote: all powerful beings and do show weaknesses. however, i wouldn't believe for them to be THAT weak to not recover from such said burned injuries. you think too little of them. they can suffer as other humans, but i doubt that they're limits are quite on par w/ ours.

I'm going to put this as simply as possible, and resist abusing any power that I hold.

The girls aren't being degraded. You are degrading the power of a puff. Wait before you get butt hurt here.

Blossom is superhuman. She is stronger, more intelligent, and has power that very few humans have.

We know that the PpG can sustain heavy damage, but it affects them. We've seen it here, we've seen it in the cartoon.

Now imagine, for one minute, just one, the power that would be behind the energy needed to burn a puffs hands like that.

It isn't a normal burn caused by a normal heat source.

It's a burn that was caused by the impact of several energy blasts that tore though metal plating like it was butter. A normal person would be dead.

Those were caused by another puff.

Now then, it isn't outlandish nor incorrect to believe that repealing such a force would have taken its toll on the body of a child hero.

Do you understand? these aren't normal burns, stop treating them as such.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!