New PpGD: "Blistered Sister Assister" (6/12/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PpGD: "Blistered Sister Assister" (6/12/13)

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am

You gotta have scales if you're going to know weight.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Re: New PpGD: "Blistered Sister Assister" (6/12/13)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 am

She's flying right too the bomb. Maybe the impact will blow it up. The kick in the eye seems been worthy enough to damage the eye permanently. Now she will get an eye patch. She probably wanted one for a while now.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 am

For a second there I thought Buttercup was going to block Bell's kick with her head. Also, I thought "Whitey Locks" would have been a better half insult. But then again I just have a slight fairy tale affinity.
Time to put what that old man taught you to use Buttercup.
(By old man I mean the guy from the episode "Makes Zen to Me")

I always figured at one point the old man would have taught Buttercup Tai Chi. A style of martial arts that can also be used as a form of mediation. It begins with softness and ends with hardness. Since he was also training Buttercup on how to control her anger it kind of makes since that he would do that.

By the way I only bring that up because the blow Buttercup made, reminded me of the "Iron Palm of Tai Chi"
I don't know and kind of doubt that was intentional though. But if it was then that's cool.

And nice job BeeAre on the first line of dialogue on this page. It completely gives a better context to what came off as something less than right from the last one. I'd go as far as to say that that first line of dialogue should have been in the last page and I doubt me or anyone else would have taken Blossom's words as pleading. In fact you could even argue that the people like me had jumped to a conclusion. But from what I've seen people tend to do that a lot in these forums. Must be the single page every couple of days thing. Gives a lot of time for the mind to jump around and get all buggy.
(That wasn't a shot at you or anyone else who makes these comics. I'm perfectly aware of how time consuming it can be.)

Also, BeeAre this is just a guess. But judging by the way you've been writing her I got to ask. Is Buttercup your favorite PPG?
Sorry if that puts you on the spot.
She's been pretty much the coolest character of this comic so far and the most likable when it comes to these particular versions of the characters. But that's just my opinion and my head does tend to be a rather haphazard place
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 am

Clearly we can see she receives too much attention.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:32 am

So, the whole first part of this comic seemed to be all about Dexter.

Made me wander why Bleedman just didn't call it, Dexter's Lab: D

Frankly, I'm just glad that the actual girls themselves are getting more attention at all regardless of which one plays the biggest role.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:40 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:She's flying right too the bomb. Maybe the impact will blow it up. The kick in the eye seems been worthy enough to damage the eye permanently. Now she will get an eye patch. She probably wanted one for a while now.

Well, She has one in GT (Though we have had it drilled into our heads again and again that GT events and PPGD events are unrelated.) But the main argument I have against this being the patch cause is how young Buttercup is. Symbolically Butter losing her eye is going to pretty much be guaranteed to be a life breaker moment, a sign that the life she had before is gone for good; no going back. It will be the point where being a fighter/warrior becomes ALL her life is about, no more school, no more casual home life. Thats just the way cartoons usually work. So unless Bleed is planning to merge the stories and have the events here be the opening of the Townsville war (i.e. there is no break in the fight between this and that; the girls as we saw them in Grim's flashback had been fighting the Townsville war without break for decades) this isn't that. There is also the fact that a side kick to the head isn't likely to make that kind of damage to the eye. It could dislocate it but in that case it would be hanging down Butter's cheek (ick!) And obliterating it wouldn't make that sort of a blood spray. Even given all it's capillaries, the eyeball doesn't actually have all that much blood in it (because they are all capillaries; not a lot of veins and arteries (and those are mostly confined to the bit that attaches the eye to the rest of the body). Lots of vitreous humor but that's clear, not red. And if the eyeball isn't ruptured, all of the stuff would still be internal. So more likey the injury is to Butter's temple, not her eye; lots more blood there. Her eye would still be closed (the swelling to the side of her head would cover that) but here actual eyeball is probably fine.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:42 am

Buttercup's been obsessed with combat pratically all her existence. It has been one of her most prominent character traits in her time.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Jest Greyskin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 am

Great update. However, I have a feeling Buttercup won't be able to beat Bell. With Sam questionably in the fight still and Buttercup not being at 100%, I don't see Bell losing. Only way I see the sisters winning is if one of them pulls a "I was holding back" thingy.

Postby Biostar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 am

That blow by Buttercup was very cathartic.

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Well, She has one in GT (Though we have had it drilled into our heads again and again that GT events and PPGD events are unrelated.) But the main argument I have against this being the patch cause is how young Buttercup is. Symbolically Butter losing her eye is going to pretty much be guaranteed to be a life breaker moment, a sign that the life she had before is gone for good; no going back. It will be the point where being a fighter/warrior becomes ALL her life is about, no more school, no more casual home life. Thats just the way cartoons usually work. So unless Bleed is planning to merge the stories and have the events here be the opening of the Townsville war (i.e. there is no break in the fight between this and that; the girls as we saw them in Grim's flashback had been fighting the Townsville war without break for decades) this isn't that.

I'm pretty sure that you are partially incorrect there. They are not unrelated, BeeAre has merely stressed that the events of PpGD do not lead directly to GT, and that GT does not determine the character's future's in PpGD. It's more of an "alternate" future, I think. If BeeAre, or anyone else with more knowledge on the subject, wishes to correct me, then I welcome it. I have no desire to make a false statement.
P.S. In the GT flashback, Buttercup's eye-patch was on her right eye.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=170
Just pointing that out for the whole PpGD/GT "alternate future" thing.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

Have you completely ignored what BeeAre said for a while? He has repeatedly said GT is unrelated to this comic. So treat it as a parallel dimension.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote: So more likey the injury is to Butter's temple, not her eye; lots more blood there. Her eye would still be closed (the swelling to the side of her head would cover that) but here actual eyeball is probably fine.

yes. this is clearly what is happening visually.

anybody who suggests the GT eyepatch idea will get me broiling. GT: Eyepatch on the right. PpG: Kicked in the left of her head. Immediately make whatever newbie says that aware of the difference between right and left in a general topological sense.

Does no one person want to comment on the fact that Blossom can't fight Bell in a straight up fight, and Buttercup literally took several direct hits and then counterattacked?

I don't have a favorite PpG. I like them all. I can, as can anyone, identify with an easy freudian take on the superego and id at war while the ego mediates the concept as mildly as possible.

If I could ONLY pick one, probably Bubbles, but it would depend on the circumstance by which I was picking that single one.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 am

The act of hiding an eye under shading gives a character a since of power and quiet anger. Its a trick I use a lot myself.

Okay, I'll talk about how Buttercup is pretty much kicking all kinds of ass in these pages.

Buttercup is a front line fighter and one of my fan theories of how the PPG's powers work is that they evolve as the girls use them. Blossom smart so her mind evolves, Bubbles is fast and likes to use energy projection and Buttercup likes to hurt people, with her fists.
Buttercup has also received training under a master, this may mean that she is a trained fighter and may know martial arts. I assume Tai Chi, but really anything would be enough to over power Bell (I'm assuming she has no formal combat training under someone who knows the finer points of fighting).

Buttercup's powers have evolved to go along with her love of hand-to-hand combat. Which may be why she has no special power that her sisters do not. Buttercup has no use for these things because she likes the way of the closed fist (or in this case open palm). Buttercups' strength has become her special power.

Also, an interesting theory that I thought of would be that Buttercup would have an easier time comprehending a new fighting style. Learning in only a few years what would take a normal person an entire life time. But, that's just head canon.

Blossom is the brains.
Bubbles is the heart/wild card
and Buttercup is the powerful yet righteous fist.

The right arm of the titan.

So know the mind and the fist are together. On their own each can do great things, but together they can be even greater. They can move as one, be like water and all that other stuff.
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:32 am

who's the left arm?

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 am

Bullet.

I'm kidding, its an old saying from a story form the east.
Not entirely sure where though.

Most people are right handed so in the story he hits with his right hand most of the time.
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 am

I know what you mean, left arms are usefull too for some people.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 am

Two on one. I'm liking these numbers!

(Sam need not apply.)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby rac7d » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 am

Are you including Gir or Blossom? Whos the two?

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

Blossom's incapacitated. Bell is flying backwards. And Gir is running toward her. How do the numbers work?

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby rac7d » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 am

Unless she dea she is not out. She could play support and shout diretion from her sherlock vision while buttercup hammer down . Collaboration Yall

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Pretty sure Blossom can't go Sherlock anymore, she's physically and mentally drained. The fact Buttercup is better in combat than Blossom was known long ago. During any battle, Buttercup kicking ass is a given, she still looks fucking badass though. I knew that after seeing that kick a bunch of people would make the eye-patch reference without checking facts xD.

There's other details I find more interesting and just wanted to point out.
Gir is blue again. :D Thoughts on this?
Bell was sent flying into what seems to be the only thing that's supporting the level above them. With all the holes already blasted into it, the impact might cause the ceiling to colapse., with Sam still above them.
Blossom's Big Red Bow(:D) disappearing is still annoying me a bit, but if she would stand up with her hair all down, messy and epic like Bell's, that would be fun to see.
Hopefully this won't cause a shitstorm but, Bell's pantyshot got blackout again; In the following panel though, Blossom's...'down'. >.> Just a tiny detail I noticed.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Get used to it already. It's a good thing.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 pm

May I ask to what you're referring to? MadDoc
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Hopefully this won't cause a shitstorm but, Bell's pantyshot got blackout again; In the following panel though, Blossom's...'down'. >.> Just a tiny detail I noticed.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Sorry if there was some kind of miscommunication. I was just stating how it was a bit funny and interesting how Bleed's been toning down the pedo, as everyone's noticed and many pointed out; But he still snuck a small one for Blossom right after he censored out Bell's. Could be the under shirt though.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)