E3

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

E3

Postby Exodis » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am

This week is the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). This thread will talk about the convention, your opinions on the new video games, and such. Begin!
Last edited by Exodis on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Re: E3

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:07 am

Must. Know. More about. X Box One...

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 am

Assassin's Creed 4 stuff, can't wait
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:13 am

Wake me up when we get to the Nintendo section.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:Must. Know. More about. X Box One...

Also, this.

Also, the PS4
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 am

Hmm, releasing a new version of the 360
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 am

Ryse: Son of Rome looks pretty cool
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Killer Instinct is Xbox 1 exclusive? Is that a big deal?

Also, Insomniac with a stylized open world shooter that's Xbox 1 exclusive, Sunset Overdrive. Cartoony style.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Killer Instinct will be cool but not a system seller, I hope they ditch the dude bro announcer.

Insomniac's game was supposed to be a really stylized shooter and then it became a generic bloom filled chest high shooter.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Oh really? That's kinda shitty, Sunset Overdrive looked kinda neat.

Dem Forza graphics wow
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Project Spark is a nifty concept
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Isn't Killer Instinct from Rare? 'Cause all Rare games are microsoft exclusive since the original one if I remember correctly.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:39 pm

I have no idea, I pay no attention to fighting games.

Dead Rising 3, kinda cool, but zombies are getting pretty worn out.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Hiryu wrote:Isn't Killer Instinct from Rare? 'Cause all Rare games are microsoft exclusive since the original one if I remember correctly.

Actually I think Midway might have owned the rights and those were sold of to WBIE. Right now it looks like MS dropped some huge cash to get exclusives.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:55 pm

OH SHI- Halo
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Yay for yet another generic sci-fi shooter.
And hurray for 500 bucks for a gaming system.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Yay for I don't fucking care, it's fun
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Game play looks a little less generic and I'd take that over the spate of generic current era/near future FPS.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Titan Fall does look cool.

Ya, I was completely unimpressed with the Battlefield 4 presentation.

Holy crap he jumped on the back of a robot, ripped it open and shot into its harddrive brain area.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:11 pm

I'll admit, Xbox's event wasn't that embarrassing. They focused on the games like they promised and I'm impressed with what was on show. But it's still overshadowed by the Xbox One and it's questionable features.

Also, Dead Rising one of the best IP's of the (not for long) current generation is an Xbox exclusive, the fuck?

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:14 pm

The first one was an 360 exclusive, beside the neutered Wii version best left unremembered.

I think MS still needs to really clear up the whole used game/shared game thing and I think they could also be in trouble if Sony undercuts them on price.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:27 pm

I know, I have both Dead Rising games on Xbox and the Off the Record version. But I thought it went multiplatform. Now it's an exclusive again? It's just off setting. I loved the original and Frank West is one of my favorite characters. I'm just quite sad is all.

Xbox One is going to have a fair bit of trouble when people who are uninformed about the DRM and other stuff get ahold of it.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:30 pm

The other problem is that MS has a hard time explaining all of how it works, how will a bestbuy employee be able to make it understandable for someone less tech savvy buying it as a gift?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:31 pm

I had never even thought of that, but that's a good point, explaining some of this stuff to some parents and most grandparents etc will be tough
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:04 pm

You guys need to take into account that only 10% to 15% of the gaming community are in the know at any time. IGN, Dtoid, Game Spot and so on only reach that many. There are tones who don't know anything beyond there's a new Xbox coming out.

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming