The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

Postby Q.U. » Wed May 08, 2013 4:37 pm

!
You better be getting ready.

This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mir@k » Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Biostar wrote:Image

This doesn't bode well.
off topic but this post is beautiful
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Biostar wrote:Image

This doesn't bode well.

Dude.

BeeAre wrote:Don't actually do that unless you have explicit permission from the host of the picture to post it, either directly to you specifically or as a general "it is fine to use this picture anywhere". Go to photobucket or imgur or what is it like tinyimg? A file hosting place where you can freely upload a few images. They're a site that runs on providing permission to host images, so it is a part of your terms of service. Once you have done that, save a picture, and use your own webspace to host the picture.

Otherwise you're doing something called "hotlinking". Using someone else's webspace, which is considered rude, and people often employ scripts to prevent you from doing it. :P

Once you have your OWN photo hosting site, take the url from where your picture exists and put it inside an [img] tag. An [img] tag works like this:

Code: Select all
[img]HELLO I AM A PICTURE[/img]

Now your picture will appear.

A friendly example:

Additionally, 4chan purges their threads based on activity by, on average, a day or so. You simply can't hotlink.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Biostar » Wed May 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeeaaahhh forgot that

How shameful...

Postby Biostar » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Split second season 2 footage

More than one dark spirit it seems

Postby Princess » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah, the spirit world is leaking into the real world. There's going to be a lot of 'dark' spirits.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck Slightly Less 2k14
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 pm

By the way...

*breathes new life into thread*

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/the-legend-of-korra-first-book-2-footage

THE KORRA FANDOM LIIIIIVESSSS
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck Slightly Less 2k14
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:58 pm

We finally get to see the very first Avatar: Wan (hehe)

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/07/walking-dead-legend-korra-steven-yeun/

People at Comic-con today get to see the whole first episode of Season 2. Lucky bastards.

Edit: EVEN MORE HYPE

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Korra expanded into a story that involves the very first avatar ten thousand years ago?

*feels mind being fellated* nnnnngghhhhhffffffffmmmmm

*gurgles foam from fan circuits overloading, froths a little*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Curious. The Avatar state, relies on the spirits of past Avatars. Is Wan in the Avatar State in the trailer? Or is he just releasing access power?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I hope to god that the people who made this series so awesome will either continue it much further into the future or come up with another awesome series.

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Dibullba wrote:I hope to god that the people who made this series so awesome will either continue it much further into the future or come up with another awesome series.

dude it's gonna be hard--they are literally making 1920s Chinese Jazz. They're going to have to go world-building in some other crazy way to make a real departure from this awesome shit. :x
BR

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Yea, the technological and cultural differences between Aang and Korra is substantial. Also, remember all the past Avatars.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Yea, the technological and cultural differences between Aang and Korra is substantial. Also, remember all the past Avatars.

My friend and I had a neat idea that some spirit in the spirit world allowed for a special group of Avatar Assassins, like when an Avatar when hella evil, but also Avatar Guardians to keep an Avatar from being killed in the Avatar state.

They'd be allowed to bend two elements. Not three or four. I think I mentioned this before.
BR

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm

If Aang ever heard about them, he'd just be like

"WHERE THE FUCK?? WERE YOU GUYS???? YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW USEFUL YOU THINGS ARE?"

The bending 2 elements thing reminded me of Naruto's concept of mixing elements.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:47 pm

I hate saying this (every time I say anything on this avatar thread someone misinterprets it and tries to tear me limb from limb)
As far as I am concerned, there are probably a lot of places where the elements mix anyway. Very little in the universe is purely one element or another. If faced with mud, wouldn't both a water bender AND an earth bender have equal facility handling it? it's just as much water as earth. There's also the whole Iroh I's method of using the methods of other bendings to adapt your own. As I have said many times before, I imagine lava handles much more like water than fire (and since it is molten rock, an earthbender should be able to do something with it too). Waterbending can freeze water though I am still a little unsure exactly how (I get that ice is frozen water, but the actual freezing would seem to be best accomplished by either something air like (blowing the heat away until it freezes or fire (sucking the heat out of it) I knoiw it is done, but I am baffled as to how it is done mechanically). but once you have the ice, I imagine it handles more like earth. So what Iroh taught Zuko is in fact not an innovation, in mastering their own elements, benders must pick up skills that are very similar to those being used for others.)
You "evil avatar thing" reminds me of my one idea of what would happen if an Avatar actually DID go hella evil (imagine a world where Ozai was the avatar). And that there are probably three other "evil" bendings corresponding to bloodbending. Water can't be the only one with a nasty side (earthbenders should be able to snap bones, air benders suffocate or make people explode, and fire benders cause spontaneous human combustion).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm

I would love to see a darker version of Avatar.

Torture
Blood Bending
Suffocation
Burial by Quicksand
Drugs and the such
So much more.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:38 am

Well, after having seen Korra, I also had the idea that, if there are things you can do to a person to permanently knock out their bending (in the absence of what Korra did, Amon's changes would be permanent) there may be things you can do that do the reverse, make a person unable to control their bending, or stop bending turning them into masses of destruction. Eye Guy (or whatever that firebender who could bend with his mind was called) managed to blow his own arm off learning. I imagine that that is only the tip of the iceberg (or sandstone shelf, or pool of lava, or windmass)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby goggy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:55 am

I'm really looking forward to this Book! Hopefully it won't go downhill like Book 1 did.
Awake but Confused

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:32 pm

goggy wrote:I'm really looking forward to this Book! Hopefully it won't go downhill like Book 1 did.

Go downhill? I thought the ending was pretty good--if not a weensy bit contrived.

The resolution with Tarlok and Amon was probably the best bit for me personally, because of how dark it was. How they got away with it despite censorship things that could have interfered if they hadn't directed it well. Pretty brilliant. Stuff.

And despite sounding ten years too young, Zuko 2.0 is pretty cool.
BR

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:45 pm

I liked everything with Book 1, except...

Mako. It was probably the romance, it felt forced imo.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby goggy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:26 pm

BeeAre wrote:
goggy wrote:I'm really looking forward to this Book! Hopefully it won't go downhill like Book 1 did.

Go downhill? I thought the ending was pretty good--if not a weensy bit contrived.

The resolution with Tarlok and Amon was probably the best bit for me personally, because of how dark it was. How they got away with it despite censorship things that could have interfered if they hadn't directed it well. Pretty brilliant. Stuff.

And despite sounding ten years too young, Zuko 2.0 is pretty cool.

The ending was... okay (I'm not a big fan of Korra's bending resolutions). I'm referring more to the focus on pro-bending, which to me took up way too much time. It introduced important characters but it wasn't that important to the plot otherwise and I think it could have been cut down. I would rather have seen Korra's struggle with airbending as well as more on the Equalists. And then there was the love triangle which turned me off Mako a lot, and Korra to a lesser extent. The narration never properly called Mako out on his behaviour and the creators try to excuse it. Bolin gets shoved to the side, as does Asami and others.

It went downhill and up more at the end, but it's still got some problems in my opinion.

And Iroh II is pretty cool, haha.
Awake but Confused

Postby Rushira » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I strongly believe that the anything lackluster in the ending to Book 1 was simply because the producers behind Korra really didn't believe there'd be a Book 2. I mean, they've taken this long to make book 2 and I'm sure they wanted it to be pack-full of awesome as to not disappointed the fans that made book 2 happen. Fans, mind you, that have been especially impatient and sometimes rage-filled.
The first Avatar? Don't tell me that isn't exciting!
Hopefully, if Korra does officially become a series thing, the writers and staff will have a blast without the strain of being cancelled every minute. And I say officially only because the pessimistic critics of LoK like to think that Book 2 is just a freebie.
They deserve a chance! It should be obvious by now that LoK isn't just a spinoff anymore.
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm not willing to battle br about it, but i honestly think the amon/tarrlok conclusion was pretty fail and out of place. I don't quite care if they didn't think they'd be getting a second book, shit doesn't stop being shit because you had an excuse. :x

But anyway yeah. New season. Whoopee, yay. w00t

first avatar is called Wan
Last edited by Mir@k on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 pm

I wonder if they'll even have a Book 3. TLA had a book for each element Aang had to learn. Korra only has troubles with air and her spiritual side right? So LoK only having 2 books may be it. Unless I'm forgetting something.

What would be fun to see, is an avatar that abuses lightning, metal and blood bending.
Another thing, that I'm pretty sure people have thought of before, is the concept of the avatar being able to manipulate lightning and metal to abuse electromagnetism. idk how exactly it'd work, but just a random thought.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)