Relax, it's just bromance

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Meh. Sounds good to me. I don't see the connection though.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I don't think its any kind of reference.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby PaytonWest » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm

wow, that was something weird to see, Aku and HIM. But I am also waiting on Jr., Mimi, and Minnie.... I miss them a lot.

Postby Drago2552 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:54 am

I wonder how Chi, Mimi, and Minnie are going to look like when they get older because of this page. (to reference to AfterBirth)

Postby nightarix » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 am

Randori wrote:The fact that it's also a reference makes it more confusing.

Edit: I think he's referencing Broly from DBZ. Legendary Super "Shape-Shifter" rather than "Saiyan"... or i don't fuckin' know.

i think it's actually meant to be a reference towards Goku's first transformation into a super saiyan during his fight against Freiza.

Postby silvercover » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 am

yeah aku is indeed probably the best ruler we've seen so far. dunno about that guy from adventure time though since I dont watch the show. a great ruler and great parent/s.
best example is him dealing with chi's love for mimi, he doesnt berate her for her choice but also knows its not going to be easy to work with. I imagine that if it werent for the fact that mimi's the daughter of him, aku would just let chi go through with it.

anyways.
in terms of hotness though, im still giving it to mandy. sure aku's got a nice body, but mandy's got that intimidating and dangerous aura that just makes her more desirable...

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 am

Regarding Chi's training with weapons, I believe she is self-trained due to how Aku has pampered her. He would probably prefer that she never have to fight anyway, but knows that a parent can never control his child, not completely. So he's willing to let her discover things on her own. Guns are just a logical choice for someone who does not yet have any powers. The one Chi used, and which HIM chewed up, looked like it only packed one or two bullets. In either case, unless she has special rounds for it a gun is unlikely to do any damage, say, to skeleton guards -- or even to Junior, and we know how adverse to fighting he is in general. Chi also could not react in time to prevent HIM from chewing her gun's muzzle off and making it... less pretty? Useless? I don't know.

Shifting once does not a master make, however now that she knows what makes her change and that she can change, she might be able to make some headway in a few months' time. I would not expect skill mastery on the near side of a year, despite the many examples of shifting that Aku can present for his daughter.

You want proof Blossom could do sexy?
   Image ImageImage   
A Page Flipper

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 am

lets not discuss rule 34 please.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Nina333 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Aku and Him just seem to have a platonic relationship. Him doesn't want to discuss his daughter or Jeff so he may not bring up what happened to his claw in his encounter with Junior and Minnie. I'm wondering what he wants to bring up with Aku that relates to the future.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:35 pm

silvercover wrote:yeah aku is indeed probably the best ruler we've seen so far. dunno about that guy from adventure time though since I dont watch the show.

Hunson Abadeer, the guy from Adventure Time, is a really weird man. He makes very random actions. He is a bad parent though, he left Marceline, his daughter, in the wreckage of the world, as he went back to rule the Nightosphere. Luckily Simon Petrikov found Marceline and took care of her, although he slowly was beginning to loose his memory... sorry straying off here.

But Hunson is funny, but not as funny as Aku in my opinion.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby NallCalmer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 pm

careful, Him. remember who is underneath that gorgeous exterior. lol
Demons, superhumans. Meh. Same crap, different day.

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:32 pm

I'd still hit that...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Nope. I'd rather not prefer an awkward situation like the ones I've seen in ramna 1/2.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Sigment » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Randori wrote:I'd still hit that...

Ikra's figure certainly is more... :ogle: uhh... full... than in the show.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Drago2552 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm

I would go for Chi when she is older.

Postby Yamitora1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:37 am

I got a feeling that HIM might be there to make a new type of alliance with Aku. I think HIM wants to breed the ultimate weapon in the underworld...using Aku's abilities...ie...his current form. :'( My brain went there.

But seriously, if HIM and Aku do plan on...mingling to produce an heir/weapon/insert evil plan needs here...that'll put a weird spin on Mimi and Chi's relationship. They would be step-siblings in a way...although part of me still finds that appealing...WHY INTERNET, WHY DID YOU MAKE ME THIS WAY!!!!???!?!? :'(

Lets just hope that HIM hasn't foreseen Mimi's failure, and calculated Chi's emotions/willingness to go find Mimi and help her. I can almost guess that is what HIM is going, he is waiting for Chi to fall into place as a pawn/playing piece.
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby GreenGestalt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 am

Again, woooowwwww....

The episode with Aku posing as Igra (ikra?) is what got me to suddenly like the series and buy every DVD box set asap. And I was awed by it, enchanted by it, crushed that Igra wasn't a real person that the Samurai could be in love with. Some alien in a distant future so distant she's an "Earthling" for what little that matters anymore. I imagine her as a "martian Warrior" yeah green skin though adapted to Earth's gravity.

And IMO though I know I'm just nerdy fanboy the thing, I imagine Aku almost wanted to continue the charade, that when she (he) rescued Jack from the quicksand it wasn't underestimating the Samurai versus the need to get rid of the Jewel but some kind of affection. But it was a simple cartoon, just done with a good artistic style.

You've made it far better, Bleed...

But IMO should bring back more "Pantyshot" and the H--- with moralist puke slurpers. Minimize "Camel Toe" perhaps, but otherwise its a drawing who cares...

Postby silvercover » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 am

Yamitora1 wrote:I got a feeling that HIM might be there to make a new type of alliance with Aku. I think HIM wants to breed the ultimate weapon in the underworld...using Aku's abilities...ie...his current form. :'( My brain went there.

But seriously, if HIM and Aku do plan on...mingling to produce an heir/weapon/insert evil plan needs here...that'll put a weird spin on Mimi and Chi's relationship. They would be step-siblings in a way...although part of me still finds that appealing...WHY INTERNET, WHY DID YOU MAKE ME THIS WAY!!!!???!?!? :'(

lets not even forget that there's a definite connection with mimi and chi already, considering their origins.
so a step-half-sibling or half-step-sibling?

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 am

I would not make any assumptions on Chi's heritage untill something in the story is actually confirmed.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:49 am

Yamitora1 wrote: Lets just hope that HIM hasn't foreseen Mimi's failure

I think she already failed, she isn't bringing the hand back anytime soon.

Also something else I was wondering, let's assume Him has some big master plan and everyone is his pawn, what could he possibly want? The human world is a post apocalyptic wasteland, If we assume he just wants to rule the underworld (I hope it's not something so cliche), where would he go from there?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Him is aware that Mimi has failed and doesn't care about it at the moment.

I think he does want control of the Underworld, I believe he said that already to Jr. We don't know the condition of Earth though, only that Megaville was decimated. It could have been rebuilt by now and the rest of the world is just fine.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I think he does want control of the Underworld, I believe he said that already to Jr. We don't know the condition of Earth though, only that Megaville was decimated. It could have been rebuilt by now and the rest of the world is just fine.

I agree too. He already formed an alliance with two of the Big Five and has a realm for himself too. I however think that Walker alliances with Castle of Grim because of Clockwork being a friend of Grim. And Walker is actually a ghost who wants "peace" and order.

And about that other things, I think Megaville is still wrecked but it is now in the stage of the Adventure Time episode "Simon and Marcy"
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm

I think Him will probably come get his daughter when it suits him, unless her being captured is part of some plan. As for Him's intentions,perhaps he just intends to wipe out anyone who would appose him. I just find it hard to believe that he is playing some extremely long and convoluted chess game like xanatos roulette.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 pm

He manipulates people. Like how he tried to manipulate junior with little effect other than getting Minnie to attempt to murder him.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing some long-ass chess game.

Mimi is probably on his mind, but he knew what would happen when she went. He had to of known and therefore planned on her capture. Look at what he went through to get her, she is worth something to him.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!