Braxi's Art UPDATED : 1-17-14 Large WIP

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-9-13 BL

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Fuckin' love BL. Just how he looks makes him a total badass. And that sword? Pffftttt freakin' awesome, dude.
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Postby noxux » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Brax. You. Are. A. Genius. Hope you can do your comic.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Randori wrote:Fuckin' love BL. Just how he looks makes him a total badass. And that sword? Pffftttt freakin' awesome, dude.

He's basically supposed to look like a God, doing as he pleases. Thanks for the compliment, always appreciated.

noxux wrote:Brax. You. Are. A. Genius. Hope you can do your comic.

A genius is going a bit far, but I thank you. As for the comic, I don't believe I've posted anybody from the comic I want to make. It's called Underland, not much to it besides the beginning, and the end, but even those have had about 20 edits to them.

Here's a bit of insight, the main character decides to kill himself after a series of unfortunate events, and winds up hanging himself. As the rope falls, he falls into the world of Underland. Forced to solve a puzzle of how to escape this purgatory, "WB" (The main character, well, his initials) sets off to find his way out.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Brax4 wrote:Here's a bit of insight, the main character decides to kill himself after a series of unfortunate events, and winds up hanging himself.

Killing off the protagonist in the first scene: nice. Just like in Yu Yu Hakusho!
Brax4 wrote:As the rope falls, he falls into the world of Underland.

That actually sounds awesome. You can show him dying and right when he's dead just show the rope snap, and right when the body falls on the floor the floor breaks and everything crumbles as he freefalls with him awake as he falls, letting him know that he's dead and falling into the abyss known as Underland.
Brax4 wrote:Forced to solve a puzzle of how to escape this purgatory, "WB" (The main character, well, his initials) sets off to find his way out.

What would be cool is you can show a pair of shadows watching WB solve the puzzle. This can be their conversation as they spectate WB's actions:
Person 1: So, what of this one?
Person 2: Committed suicide. Hung himself.
Person 1: Ahhh yes, the noose: a common use of suicide. Let's see how this goes, I sense something interesting in that boy
Person 2: Do you? All the souls that come here you think are pathetic scum, solving an impossible puzzle that'll lead them to insanity and-
Person 1: Yes, yes, I know. But this one... this one's different.
Person 2: Well then, we'll see how this goes IF he survives...
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:54 pm

O, I'm just trying not to reveal too much, but there's a twist at the end.

Also, he's bombarded by a group of "terrors". He meets the first one, named Suicide as soon as he enters Underland. There's also Temptation, Salvation, and Addiction. They are like a group of brothers pretty much. They're unable to touch "WB", but they can attempt to influence his actions. The only good one is Salvation.

I'm not sure how far they'll follow "WB", but they'll probably pop in from time to time.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Just a WIP. This character wasn't supposed to be a zombie, but I ended up making him one. More than likely I'm going to make both the original design concept, and this one. ALT costumes of course, so no real redrawing.

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys and gals.

[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-15-13 WIP

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 am

Done, meet Ben Mountain, let me know what you think. I'm going to make an alternate costume one, just because that was the original plan, but this look is so much nicer.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-16-13 B. Mountain

Postby Varspool » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Dude, loving the style you draw all your characters in.
Ben Mountain looks badass. Looking forward in seeing his alternative costume. :3
Show me the color of your credits.

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks so much, and it's pretty much just an ALT color scheme. So far it's turning out okay.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby noxux » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Man I like Ben Mountain he looks like a real zombie but I think the clothes should be ripped of in some parts like in pants or in the arms, showing some skin or dead skin.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Brax4 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah, I wish I had drawn those before I scanned it. I attempted to add rips and tears but it wasn't working out. Because he wasn't supposed to be a zombie, and I'm not very good at drawing unless I'm using my paper for the lines.

Thanks for the compliment!
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:32 am

Wow, Ben looks rough as hell. Its a cool drawing, and no I'm not sick of zombies yet, I still think they're fun.
The shotgun is a nice touch.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks! Glad you like him. Though it's not a shotgun, it's a rifle. I really suck at drawing guns lol
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 pm

As promised, the ALT costume for Ben. Took me long enough.

Let me know what you think. Up next is gonna' be some of my serious characters from the Underland World (Semi-known as The Temptors).
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-23-13 B. Mountain ALT

Postby Brax4 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Here's a serious character of mine, and the first of The Temptors, meet Suicide :

Background (Underland Universe) : Suicide was always different. Once a creature that went by the name Crisium, he found himself in solitude with a sinking feeling. Spurting three entities from his heart, he became just one piece of Crisium, he became Suicide. The first of his brothers, Temptation squeezed his way out, then came Addiction, and finally Salvation. Suicide is unable to touch anyone, but he can heavily influence others. He sought out the exit to Underland, and eventually found it, making his way to the real world where he wasn't able to be seen, but rather felt. He chose his target, William Bradford, and forced him into his decision to hang himself. Then made his way back to Underland to meet his victim.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-24-13 Suicide

Postby Brother Orin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 pm

As always, well done, these are always fun to look at.
At your service.

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-24-13 Suicide

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks Orin, comments mean a lot, especially coming from an artist such as yourself.

Anyways, here's the second piece of Crisium, Temptation :

Background (Underland Universe) : After breaking free from Crisium, Temptation realized a higher calling. He became a doctor in Underland, publishing his studies of human temptation. Slowly losing his mind, Temptation decided he would use his newly learned skills for evil, tempting children and adults alike, luring them in to feed upon them. Unlike Suicide, Temptation has the ability to touch people, but only once they get close to him. He continued to torment the citizens of Underland, feeding his hunger. Once he found Bradford, he knew that that was the soul he wanted to eat.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 6-29-13 Temptation

Postby noxux » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Temptation is pretty cool and I like the story also like the balloon.
Last edited by noxux on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:38 pm

He's gone through a LOT of redesigns. He also used to have lollipops in his pocket.

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you like him and his story.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:50 pm

I think something rather sinister/demonic is under that coat of his 0_o
asides from black muck. I don't think that's a normal hunch back.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:53 pm

He's blown up like a balloon, he's the strangest shape of all the Temptors.
Here's the original version of him : http://elfei62.deviantart.com/art/Punk- ... -106030568

Thanks for the comment YL, it means a lot. I like your new avatar as well. Not sure if I like this new one or the HI one better.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Brax4 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Continuing with the pieces of Crisium, here's Addiction :

Background (Underland Universe) : Once Addiction freed himself from Crisium, he realized he was much different from his brothers. He was handsome, young, charismatic, and much more like the citizens of Underland. He squandered his gift, giving into vice after vice. Dirty habits formed, swallowing pills, smoking, dipping, cutting, and drinking. His hair grayed, his skin paled, his nose grew red, and he lost weight. After seeing himself this way, there was no turning back, he had become a monster. Addiction grew very jealous of better looking people, and drove himself to kill them. After setting his sights upon Bradford, he knew he had to attack him and end his life.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 7-3-13 Addiction

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:22 am

Finally, here's the last piece of Crisium, meet Salvation :

Background (Underland Universe) : The final brother spewed forth from Crisium was Salvation. He instantly noticed that he was different from the rest, he wasn't pure evil like Suicide, easily corrupted like Temptation, or vain like Addiction. He just had the feelings to do good, and prevent evil. He couldn't stop his brothers though, outnumbered and outmatched, he chose to separate from them and form a disguise. At first, he wore a paper mask, dawned a scarf, and wielded a knife. That didn't last long, he needed something to better hide his identity, he found a hood, a cape, and a set of armor. After fully disguised, he began to train, to learn to beat his brothers. Though he was still unable to defeat them, he chose to warn the citizens of Underland and chose to deter them from giving into his brothers' influences. After he saw that they all had chosen to target Bradford, he made it his mission to help. Looking to guide Bradford, he vowed to follow him to the end, to see what would happen.
Last edited by Brax4 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 7-6-13 Salvation

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:26 am

I really like this guy's design. I think it might be one of my favorite ones you've done so far.
Bark

Re: Braxi's Art UPDATED : 7-6-13 Salvation

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 am

Glad you like it. Just for good measure, to see their original designs and how much they've improved, here's the first time I drew and completed a picture of them from 2010 :

[ LVL 131 ]

PreviousNext

Return to Art