Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Yeah well Squirrels aren't in the bible, does that mean they don't exist like Dinosaurs.
Sarcasm noted.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:30 pm

All I know is they mention not to eat pig, get divorced, have sex before marriage, shave your beard, etc. But no one pays attention to any of that apparently as big as gays.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Morpheus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 am

You have a very one sided view of the bible.
Have you ever thought why they were told to do those things?
Moreover which ones are still relevant?

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 am

I live by the philosophy that a book of all things shouldn't tell you how to live. By thats less philosophy and more common senses.

Postby Morpheus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 am

That would be more personal preference.

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:21 am

I guess. I just don't see the point of it. It's all fine and dandy if people want to follow a religion or live by a book. I ain't judge, as long as they don't judge me. In the end I wouldn't consider myself atheist as I'd like there to be a heaven so that everyone wins.

That's the thing about being pessimistic about this kind of thing. You're either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Edited.
Last edited by top gear tony on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:37 am

*pleasantly surprised
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Phone typing, auto correct. This time I have a (flimsy) excuse.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:53 pm

D'awww. A religious conversation and I miss it. Bummer.

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:04 pm

At least you don't have a bad taste in your mouth. Talking (typing) about religion always puts me in a bad mood.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I like it, for obvious reasons. I did spend two years of my life doing it.

Religious discuss always interests me because it gives me an opportunity to see how other people think and examine other religions from a closer view. Wikipedia can only help so much.

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:41 pm

I've seen enough to know that too many people are too close minded to even listen to the other side and will raise their voice higher and higher. Because god knows listing to the other side is as bad as admitting that you may be following a fairy tale.

And killing in the name of religion? Seriously what the fuck is all that about? In no bible, qur'an or any type of "guideline" (at least the non-tampered original) does it say or god say:"Yeah k' cool, just kill those guy over there if they don't worship this book like you do, ok? Sound dog" (That's an abridged version). I mean since when has the so called evils of the world (Science, critical thinking) actually caused wars. I realise I'm yammering on and I don't hate religions I just hate what they've been twisted into.

Instead of being a way of finding a way and meaning in life as well as easing the fear of death. It's used as a tool of manipulation and the small honest voices are snuffed out by the rest. The rabbit hole is now a bloody chasm.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:In no bible, qur'an or any type of "guideline" (at least the non-tampered original) does it say or god say:"Yeah k' cool, just kill those guy over there if they don't worship this book like you do, ok? Sound dog"

That's not really true, but I understand the point you're trying to make
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Fine, and I chose to remain ignorant. I only read the bible so i can argue with some zealot if necessary. Totally over rated. 3/5.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm

I find the Science vs Religion thing to be amusing.

Actually, I find all of you're guy's discussion on religion rather amusing.

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Does this lowly fool amuse you?

I guess it will always be one of those issues that people will have strong views on...........................................

Wait how did this go from Bronies to religion anyway?

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I find the Science vs Religion thing to be amusing.

Actually, I find all of you're guy's discussion on religion rather amusing.

I don't know if you realize how condescending this comes off. I hope not.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Wait how did this go from Bronies to religion anyway?

Bronies -> vocal minorities ruining groups for people -> fundamental/extremist religious groups
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Nope. I didn't realize it sounded condescending, so please don't take it that way. I just think it is neat to listen to and it does amuse me with interest to see it.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

All right.

Just when you say you find someone's viewpoint on something amusing, the connotation is like "Haha, oh you silly fool"
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Wait how did this go from Bronies to religion anyway?

Conversations escalate quickly It's like going through a lot of BF3 videos and suddenly ending up here.
I've gone through that and it's scared the shit out of me. Oh how I end up in the weird parts in the internet baffles me.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby top gear tony » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm

............ Interesting. Speaking of BF3 (and not bible bashing) I've been getting back into that. I still haven't lost my touch...... for accidentally team killing. You know since hardcore is the only way to play.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Tuor wrote:All right.

Just when you say you find someone's viewpoint on something amusing, the connotation is like "Haha, oh you silly fool"

Yeah. I need to be more careful with that since I use it more as "Ohh, this is very interesting, I must watch this". I'll be more careful with it now though.

Postby top gear tony » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 pm

So, in order to breath new life into this here thread. Has anyone played Naughty Dogs Last of Us yet? I have and it's absolutely incredible.

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:00 pm

All I can say is that I'm very jealous
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter