Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Yeah well Squirrels aren't in the bible, does that mean they don't exist like Dinosaurs.
Sarcasm noted.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:30 pm

All I know is they mention not to eat pig, get divorced, have sex before marriage, shave your beard, etc. But no one pays attention to any of that apparently as big as gays.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: None specified

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Morpheus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 am

You have a very one sided view of the bible.
Have you ever thought why they were told to do those things?
Moreover which ones are still relevant?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: The most beautiful bush in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 am

I live by the philosophy that a book of all things shouldn't tell you how to live. By thats less philosophy and more common senses.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Morpheus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 am

That would be more personal preference.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: The most beautiful bush in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:21 am

I guess. I just don't see the point of it. It's all fine and dandy if people want to follow a religion or live by a book. I ain't judge, as long as they don't judge me. In the end I wouldn't consider myself atheist as I'd like there to be a heaven so that everyone wins.

That's the thing about being pessimistic about this kind of thing. You're either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Edited.
Last edited by top gear tony 666 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:37 am

*pleasantly surprised
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Phone typing, auto correct. This time I have a (flimsy) excuse.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:53 pm

D'awww. A religious conversation and I miss it. Bummer.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:04 pm

At least you don't have a bad taste in your mouth. Talking (typing) about religion always puts me in a bad mood.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I like it, for obvious reasons. I did spend two years of my life doing it.

Religious discuss always interests me because it gives me an opportunity to see how other people think and examine other religions from a closer view. Wikipedia can only help so much.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:41 pm

I've seen enough to know that too many people are too close minded to even listen to the other side and will raise their voice higher and higher. Because god knows listing to the other side is as bad as admitting that you may be following a fairy tale.

And killing in the name of religion? Seriously what the fuck is all that about? In no bible, qur'an or any type of "guideline" (at least the non-tampered original) does it say or god say:"Yeah k' cool, just kill those guy over there if they don't worship this book like you do, ok? Sound dog" (That's an abridged version). I mean since when has the so called evils of the world (Science, critical thinking) actually caused wars. I realise I'm yammering on and I don't hate religions I just hate what they've been twisted into.

Instead of being a way of finding a way and meaning in life as well as easing the fear of death. It's used as a tool of manipulation and the small honest voices are snuffed out by the rest. The rabbit hole is now a bloody chasm.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:In no bible, qur'an or any type of "guideline" (at least the non-tampered original) does it say or god say:"Yeah k' cool, just kill those guy over there if they don't worship this book like you do, ok? Sound dog"

That's not really true, but I understand the point you're trying to make
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Fine, and I chose to remain ignorant. I only read the bible so i can argue with some zealot if necessary. Totally over rated. 3/5.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm

I find the Science vs Religion thing to be amusing.

Actually, I find all of you're guy's discussion on religion rather amusing.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Does this lowly fool amuse you?

I guess it will always be one of those issues that people will have strong views on...........................................

Wait how did this go from Bronies to religion anyway?
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I find the Science vs Religion thing to be amusing.

Actually, I find all of you're guy's discussion on religion rather amusing.

I don't know if you realize how condescending this comes off. I hope not.
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Wait how did this go from Bronies to religion anyway?

Bronies -> vocal minorities ruining groups for people -> fundamental/extremist religious groups
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Nope. I didn't realize it sounded condescending, so please don't take it that way. I just think it is neat to listen to and it does amuse me with interest to see it.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

All right.

Just when you say you find someone's viewpoint on something amusing, the connotation is like "Haha, oh you silly fool"
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Wait how did this go from Bronies to religion anyway?

Conversations escalate quickly It's like going through a lot of BF3 videos and suddenly ending up here.
I've gone through that and it's scared the shit out of me. Oh how I end up in the weird parts in the internet baffles me.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm

............ Interesting. Speaking of BF3 (and not bible bashing) I've been getting back into that. I still haven't lost my touch...... for accidentally team killing. You know since hardcore is the only way to play.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Tuor wrote:All right.

Just when you say you find someone's viewpoint on something amusing, the connotation is like "Haha, oh you silly fool"

Yeah. I need to be more careful with that since I use it more as "Ohh, this is very interesting, I must watch this". I'll be more careful with it now though.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 pm

So, in order to breath new life into this here thread. Has anyone played Naughty Dogs Last of Us yet? I have and it's absolutely incredible.
Image
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Please swap with me
Gender: Male

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:00 pm

All I can say is that I'm very jealous
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18297
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests