Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:39 pm

I don't consider myself a brony. That does complicate the issue of having a Rainbow Factory set now... Hmm.

I like the fandom. They make a lot of great art and gripping stories. I'm really pleased with how Hasbro has been dealing with this, although I wonder if they are still in shock with the reception that MLP got. It is similar to what happened to Twilight. I read somewhere that Hasbro choose not to enforce their copyrights too hard to allow it to grow. More stuff for them I guess.

I've done researched, but I've never seen a complete episode, just segments that come on TV. I would guess that I would have to be a fan of the show and doing some fandom work to be considered a brony.

I dunno, maybe I am and I'm just in denial.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:52 pm

If you want to be considered one, it's fine. If not, that's fine too. As long as it doesn't become some drama case, everything is good.

Just don't overthink it and have fun with what you do in the fandom.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Eggnog » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:02 pm

He's peeking out of the closet.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:18 pm

I consider myself a Brony. Love the show. I just don't tattoo it on my dick and slap people in the face with it like some of the others.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm

To be honest, I feel the brony fandom suffers the same way furries do. They're not all bad like we perceive them, but we do a lot of the same things, and there is a handful who make it worse for the whole fandom by just going too damn far or make drama where there need not be. Every fandom has this sort of thing, but you don't hear much of Supernatural's death threats to cast members or Doctor Who's creepy letters. You're often hearing of Bronies, Furries, Homestuck, the fandoms that shake things around. Not enough people focus on the good, yo.

But anywho, let's move on from this because I feel this is a slippery slope.

Anyone have thoughts on Remember Me that just came out?
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 pm

*continues down slippery slope.

I'm somewhat unaware of the negative sigma around the term "brony". My thoughts were that it was the name for the male fans of MLP.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:01 pm

It is, except they've come to be known as obsessive and obnoxious.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Its those kind of people that make you want to back away from the genre. That really doesn't affect me too much. I'm already at a low point of social status in my area. If there are a lot of people that really enjoy their interest, then, okay, not your problem when you see for yourself on how good it is. I find devoted communities really fun to enjoy. There are whovians, trekkies, bronies, tolkienites. Do they mean the show is bad? Are people really that biassed? Ok, done ranting.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:14 pm

It depends how the fans act, their mere existence obviously does not mean a show is bad
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Thank you for restating my quote.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:19 pm

I always find it funny how the actions of a few determine the blanket of the many.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:20 pm

It's because it's a lot easier to make a judgement on a fault than all the good someone can or has done.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I always find it funny how the actions of a few determine the blanket of the many.

The few are usually the most vocal/noticeable, so you get a stronger impression of them.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 pm

I wonder if you ever see that working in a group's favor? Often times you're seeing it as a negative effect.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Hardly ever, it's usually the fact that the vocal minority is an extreme group of people, so they tend to have a polarizing affect.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Doesn't the saying go: "The louder minority is heard over the quiet majority." Or something like that.

That's probably been said a thousand times already. In the end, if one person in a group of 5 is wearing a t-shirt saying "god hates fags" then the whole group will get judged.

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Aye, I was trying to avoid talking about religious groups, but they're a good example.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:50 pm

I wasn't I was using the t-shirt as an example. Since they would judge his friends as well as him. Even Though people with differences can still co-exist.

Religion puts a bad taste in my mouth ( as well as choir boy's getting more than just communal behind the altar) and let's leave it at that.

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:53 pm

I thought you were alluding to the Westboro Baptist church or something
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm sorry you lost me. I ain't the most sacred cross in the church when it comes to this subject.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Do you know of the Westboro Baptist church? They're a group of religious extremists, and it's common for them to wear clothing like that in public and be proud of it. So Tuor was guessing you were referencing them in your example.
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 pm

They're an extremely vocal and fundamentalist church in the states, they're fairly well known, but I guess not globally yet. They are famous for picketing military funerals and having signs that say things like "God hates Fags" and stuff.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Ah, right. So they somehow know that god's a homophobe. They must be able to talk to him directly. That or they just want to insult people by having the derogatory term for a homosexual on their shirt. I hate people like that.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:04 pm

If you ever encounter them, treat them like this man does here:

An Optimist

Postby Eggnog » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:05 pm

But Tony, it says so in the bible! D:
Sarcasm Activated

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter