Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

Postby BG07 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Alright coolness, just one thing... What are the Queen's current orders? :3

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:20 pm

For your mage? I dunno chief. I'm not that far ahead yet, but this is what I got.

The Quel'Elhen are approaching a struggle for survival. So far nothing dangerous has happened between the amassing Dalish and the High Elves. Queen Winterfest would be focused on doing a few things, collecting allies or seeking peace.

1: Gaining more allies in an attempt to force the Dalish to back down or prepare for war. This can be down by getting the loyalty of a new King, which would take a while. Redcliffe can ally with the High Elves and create a united southern border. There are is a few fun things you could do with the conflicted Warden-Commander as well since she is a High elf, but also a Warden-Commander who has the Dalish Elves calling on support with the treaties. I haven't decided which way she goes yet, or if she will live through the Battle of Redcliffe.

2: Negotiations with the Dalish. The Queen still wants this to end peacefully, but will defend her people if necessary. The negotiations can happen directly, and try to appeal to Great Keeper Assan. The Dalish are also trying to use the Chantry against the new elves, citing that their magic is an abomination that is a threat to the world. I'm not sure if your character has the personality to do this.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Is good.

Postby BG07 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 pm

I think option 1 is the clear winner for me, Airi would so love to get a chance to meet one of her idols... also to save the world and whatnot

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 pm

I am so excited now. Redcliffe is stacked so it will much more of a war than a slaughter.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby BG07 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Haha I actually see an opening there if it's alright to have Airi barge in on the War Council.

Well hopefully things don't get too bloody, only just a little bloody haha

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 pm

It's never just a 'little' bloody with war councils and lords.

Postby Seirui » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:43 am

Hurray! I'm accepted by others! It begins..

I'll have a post up about the 'shadow of death' or some shit falling over your little war council. Hey BG, if your character wants to meet up with mine before hand to explore rumors of a masked man spreading rumors of complete and total annihalation of every race, let me know. We can set up like a 'meeting place' for our two characters or you can stumble on him in the road just kinda waiting.
He's weird like that.

Two mages entering a war council may serve better than just the one...

Postby BG07 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 am

Ahh crap I didn't see this until after I had posted, sorry about that Seirui

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, I need to PM you about that now. Probably should have put something down yesterday, but I was thinking of something else. So hold on just a second...
Mercypostle

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Alright, problem resolved.
Mercypostle

Postby Seirui » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Haha. What, so just anyone can walk right into this council thing now? First the murderer thing and now the Elf.

The dudes are probably thinking, "No no, come right in, would you also like someone to come scratch your ass?"

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Pretty much, but now no more people walking in like this.
Mercypostle

Postby BG07 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Well I was under the assumption that my character would have been expected, whoops =P

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Bah. It works.
Mercypostle

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Well, lets start wrapping everything up then.

My next post will include Val, and some stuff for Glacier. But then we are going to get to the transition post later. so whatever you guys want to do, do it, if you got everything done then say so now.
Mercypostle

Postby Scrambles » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:34 pm

I will post later today and probably follow glacier with Teelo

Postby Zelosse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:10 pm

I'll just wait till all is said and done for Zha to make his Move. Marcus is in limbo.

Postby Hiroko » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:As Ro said, we need healers. One of the mages that stepped out was a healer, and also a child. So I don't have a problem with it, I was going to play with the other one anyways, but looks like I still could do the same thing... if it hadn't been deformed by Rainbow Factory, BUT that is a different discussion all together. So yes, as long as it works, you can ship your character into the RP.

Now if you need a summary of the RP events, tell me and I can happily do a quick recap for you. As for the actual universe itself I can explain things to you or you can read the mile long post I had for this. There are a lot of wiki articles to provide ease in researching, and I modified the world a little bit to allow lovers of fantasy to be able to interact with it and not have to know everything about Dragon Age.

Alright then. I'll try to work on a CS that best fits for this RP. Might take me a little while as I try to figure stuff out for it. Speaking of that, I'm thinking of making my character into a Quel'Elhen Elf, and I've noticed there seems to be a naming convention of sorts for elves? Do you think having the name "David" for an elf would be fine, or would I have to do something to that name for it to fit?

Anyway, a recap of what happened would be nice, thanks. : ) Given how many articles there are, which ones in particular do you think I would need to read for this particular RP?
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Hiroko wrote:Speaking of that, I'm thinking of making my character into a Quel'Elhen Elf, and I've noticed there seems to be a naming convention of sorts for elves? Do you think having the name "David" for an elf would be fine, or would I have to do something to that name for it to fit?

That would be fine. Some of the Quel'Elhen elves probably named some of their kids after humans or with more human names.

Your character could work for something really dark that I'm planning.

Hiroko wrote:Anyway, a recap of what happened would be nice

All right. I'll either PM it to you or do it here. Possibly here to get a few others up to speed and have a general recap. I'll potentially send you somethings if you want specifics.

Hiroko wrote:Given how many articles there are, which ones in particular do you think I would need to read for this particular RP?

Speaking just for the wiki links?
General History of Fereldin: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ferelden
The Fifth Blight, which is the backbone of the first game: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fifth_Blight
Races: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races

You don't need to worry too much about the Enemies thus far. You would need to read about the differences and situation between the Dalish Elves and High Elves, which is a custom build I put in. What I would do is worry about a piece at a time instead of conquering it at once (which you can do that too). As it comes up, learn about it.
So you would need to know about how magic is tied to the land of dreams.
The Quel'Elhen train their own mages, and it isn't as strict as the Circle Mages. It'd be like going to school because magic is such a large part of these elves' lives.
And then you would have to know about your location where you want to start.

Just PM me when you have specific messages, or talk to me on Skype.
Mercypostle

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:00 pm

RECAP 1: This was divided into groups to make it easier to understand, and since the two aren't completely liked yet. I'm just focusing on the general with a few people getting some shout outs, like MQuinny lighting the bar on fire. Please correct me on inaccuracies guys, since all I'm doing is skimming through the IC and going off memory.

Fereldin is descending into chaos as the greed of a single entity tears it apart by turning people against each other. The only way for salvation is to unite the Kingdom once again and lead it against the dark titan.

DENERIM Group: These are the people who decided to start in Denerim.
BG07 as William O’Dim (aka Boulder Bill) - Human Mercenary.
Scrabbles as Isador Strauss AKA "The Black Axe" - Human Reaver, Ex-Templar
Zelosse as Marcus Hammerstrike - Human Spirit Warrior and Forge Master
Draken30000 as Vovin Dranis - human Spirit Warrior
MQuinny as Johnus Johnson - Dwarf Thief
*Berry-tan as Amir (May Return) - Mage, Blood Mage
*Deena as Laila (May return) -Mage, Healer

Through a series of their own and personal events, this group of people find themselves at a bar in Denerim. Most of them are in the Underground Fighting Arena and the rest are above in the bar. Though a series of fights begin with Bill and a band of bounty hunter/former friends, and Marcus upstairs. Soon enough the entire bar is in a fight, and Johnus ends up lighting the place on fire. The battle is put off to evacuate the people in the bar and try to put it out as city guards rush to help. In the chaos of confusion however, the players where singled out and peacefully collected by various individuals and regrouped at the city estate of Teryn Vern Cousland. there, they were treated to the best comforts the Teryn had, and explained to them the impending situation. Through his evidence and promises of reward, and the convincing power of Marcus, everyone soon agreed to the plan. Travel to Redcliffe and terminate what could be the cause of this unrest throughout the land, the Warden-Commander, Valmyria Windstridder. currently, everyone is chilling...

REDCLIFFE: These people stared out in different locations and are currently together in the Castle or Town of Redcliffe.
Blood Lord (GM) as Valmyria Windstrider - High Elven Warden-Commander, ex-Ranger
Zelosse as Zha'Gren - Darkspawn Hunter
Ro Wong as Arvashok - First Qunari Grey Warden
* Also controlling two Warden NPCs, a Elven Mage and a Human rogue.
Scrabbles as Teelo “The Forest Child” - Half-Elven child mage shapeshifter dudebro thing
Glacier as Zasalim - High Elven Mage.
BG07 as Airi Oakheart - High Elven Mage.

Slightly different beginning that the Denerim one. It started first with Valmyria decending the mountains from the entrance of the underground dwarven city of Orzammar. She had participated in a scouting party.raid to investigate the levels of Darkspawn activity. Her party was killed and she was the new Warden-Commander. While descending down the mountain, she runs into Arvashok and his company. They are new transfers to the Wardens in Fereldin. Soon after the party was ambushed by Zha'Gren, a fearsome darkspawn hunter who was stalking Val after leaving the city since she stole a sword from him, but she managed to persuade the creature into letting her keep the sword and join the party. Again, soon after, they stumble into Zasalim who is also returning from a mission within the halls of Orzammar.

Soon the party gets to Redcliffe, but disperses. The Warden characters go into the Castle to be of some aid to the Arl there, Arl Hailstrom. Zha sneeks into the castle, and soon manages to place himself near the Commander disguised as a human tracker. The other characters, including one of the Warden NPCs, goes to the town. this is when Teelo and Zasalim meet. As for the party in Redcliffe, the war council has hit a rough patch and this is where Airi has entered...
Mercypostle

Postby Seirui » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:35 am

Dudebro thing. That's awesome.

Made a post! Finally... Hope that's good, and proper, and a little reminder. He can't do that to a lot of people, and people who are wary can basically just will-power out of it; much to Valas' annoyance.

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Everything sounds great! Lemme know whats needed of me.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 pm

I'll have a post up tomorrow for Redcliffe to help wrap a few things up, and something from the Teryn as well.
Mercypostle

Postby Scrambles » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am

A small post but I am hoping I can do more in the upcoming battle.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing