Doctor who: 50th anniversary

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Doctor who: 50th anniversary

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Okay, we all know it is the year 2013. That also means 50 years ago a certain british, sci-fi, TV show aired it's first episode titled "An Unearthly Child", where two teachers investigating a student get abducted by the student and her grandfather who is only known as "The Doctor". This started one of longest running TV show's of all time, surpassing even Star trek. Now a 50th anniversary special, confirmed to have the return of David Tennant and Billie Piper, is in production.

Feel free to use this topic as a Doctor Who chat thread. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the special.
Last edited by The Mad Doctor on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Re: Doctor who: 50th anniversary

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 pm

and return of the Zygons, Tennant's favourite alien race.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:39 am

It's rather obvious how David Tennant will show up.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Archrival » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:It's rather obvious how David Tennant will show up.

....No it's not, yes it's most likely the human doctor version with Rose but they were trapped in different reality and that's fully closed now.

Anyway something awesome I saw just a few minutes ago:
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 am

That didn't stop the cybermen from escaping though.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Archrival » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:46 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:That didn't stop the cybermen from escaping though.

Maybe so but it's still closed.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm

*flails!*

I have goosebumps!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm curious to wonder if we will see any other doctor who monsters such as the Daleks and the Cybermen.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Archrival » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:27 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I'm curious to wonder if we will see any other doctor who monsters such as the Daleks and the Cybermen.

Doubt it, the 50th is supposedly meant to focus on the Zygons.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Okay I know its been two months since there was a post here. But there is something most absolutely very very very most important thing that may happen in science fiction (I don't care! It's important to me!). okay, here it goes:    At the end of the season finale, Steven Moffat showed us a possible new actor for the doctor. One that will reveal his secret in the name of peace and sanity itself, but not in the name of The Doctor. It might seem a little like an older version of David Tennant but it's been a while since BBC hired old people to play as an actor for the Doctor like William Hartnell, or Jon Pertwee.    Anyway, I am even more excited for the 50th anniversary special. I hope we can see all of the actors for the doctor like we did in the latest episode.
Last edited by The Mad Doctor on Sun May 19, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 1:22 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:Feel free to use this topic as a Doctor Who chat thread. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the special.

Well...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50093
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby EagleMan » Sun May 19, 2013 1:53 am

Clearly we have too many subforums and need individuals to take them over.

A TV/Movie forum wouldn't be too bad. I know you can make the topics in Spam but a specialized forum keeps all the on-air things on the front page, without an episode discussion thread being knocked off the page because there's no posts for a week at a time then 20 in a day. People are just also encouraged to make threads for something when they see a specialized forum for it.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 19, 2013 6:50 am

Blood Lord wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Feel free to use this topic as a Doctor Who chat thread. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the special.

Well...

Sorry about that I didn't notice that thread, its been two months before I even joined since someone last posted in there. I thought I wasn't allowed to post in old, dead threads. And this mainly focuses on the 50th anniversary, with anything else you might want to add. The new episode got me crazy about the 50th Anniversary "to be continued, on November 23rd".

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Rival » Sun May 19, 2013 7:22 am

Blood Lord wrote:

Well...

I don't want to tell you how to do your job, and perhaps the policy on this changed under BeeAre's leadership. But when I was Mod, it was considered ok to have 2 threads on the same subject in different sections, as people shouldn't be expected to check every section and should be encouraged to post in the ones they feel comfortable in. As far as I know, no one checks each and every section anyway, except some Mods of course.

Besides, there are subjects you might not want to discuss in specific sections even when you sometimes visit them. For example I'd sooner blow my heads out than discuss something, like say NGE, in the Bleedman section.

And since this is TheMadDoctor's thread, he can change its nature as he pleases anyhow, within rules of course.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Matt smith is leaving. BBC is casting new actors to play the doctor.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Rival wrote:when I was Mod, it was considered ok to have 2 threads on the same subject in different sections
that's still fine, but given how little activity there is on the forum currently, i'm sure blord was just trying to help make it so this doctor who discussion could include as many participants as possible and not die due to lack of interest.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:21 pm

But the Who thread in EA hasn't had a post in almost 6 months.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:38 pm

This is created in anticipation of the 50th anniverserary. I am very excited. Staying updated. There are rumors that a woman may play as the doctor.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Wow? This was still being updated, and I wasn't looking.

TheMadDoctor wrote:Sorry about that I didn't notice that thread, its been two months before I even joined since someone last posted in there. I thought I wasn't allowed to post in old, dead threads. And this mainly focuses on the 50th anniversary, with anything else you might want to add. The new episode got me crazy about the 50th Anniversary "to be continued, on November 23rd".

Nah, its fine. Just generating some awareness that there was another thread previous, and also to the people here that we have a Dr Who thread in EA if they are interested. Basically what Grey said, more or less.

TheMadDoctor wrote:Matt smith is leaving. BBC is casting new actors to play the doctor.

Hmm. Interesting. That's going to be what, the second to last Doctor now?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Rival » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:20 am

Grey wrote:that's still fine, but given how little activity there is on the forum currently, i'm sure blord was just trying to help make it so this doctor who discussion could include as many participants as possible and not die due to lack of interest.

Ah in that case, sorry for misunderstanding. Blord just linked it so I had nothing to go by.

Whatis' point still stands though. And I do think this section has more visitors and posters than EA, if only due to manga discussion thread. EA seems to have only about 5-7 regular posters all contained in their talk thread. But of course there's no harm in trying to get more people in there.

So again, my bad. And I won't off-topic this thread any further.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 am

Rumors say that Michael Jackson's daughter is auditioning. I do not know where that one came from, I rather not make a guess on who is gonna get the part.
Matt Smith was realatively unknown to most people when he joined, and for David tennant, I only seen him play a part in Goblet of fire before he joined. It would be no suprise if a suprise peroson becomes the next doctor.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:Rumors say that Michael Jackson's daughter is auditioning.
Rather than receiving theraphy for recently trying to kill herself?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 am

It's a weird rumor, I know. Some assholes on twitter probably started it.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Grey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Hmm. Interesting. That's going to be what, the second to last Doctor now?
IIRC whats-his-name with the glasses that directs or whatever said in an interview that they're gonna do away with the 13 regenerations rule. it was probably come up with as a number the shows original producers thought they'd never reach and because 13 has a lot of connotations. they can just circumvent it with some wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff. hell isn't the master on at least his 15th form?
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:07 am

I want the next doctor to be a ginger. The doctor always wanted to be ginger.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion