Hmm... no. I'm considering building a avatar set from Rainbow Factory.
I just can't get the damn thing out of my head, so forgive me as I rant for a moment. Overall, the original Rainbow Factory and its sequel would have gotten a C+ or a B- rating from me at the very most. There was a lot of good things that they did in there, but I felt like the whole "inner racism" thing was just a little too much. It had a rough flow to it, and I always thought it was weird to have ponies actually using legit curse words and not their little made up ones. Rainbow Dash snapping like that seemed out of character to me, but perfect at the same time. The sequel ended on a rushed note, it was sort of happy, but it didn't close.
It was the concept that I loved. The whole "a few to save the many thing" which I can't remember what it was called other then there was this psychological "what-if" experiment involving a trolly and a fat man. I want to say utilitarian, but I'm not sure. Anyway, its the dark twist on that idea which has captured me so much. That and it used one of my favorite character development paths of all time, the hero becoming the villain. That sweetness of betrayal from someone so close that you looked up to as a hero or as a sibling. Arthas from Warcraft became the Lich King, Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader and his grandson, Jace Solo, would do the same thing and become Darth Caedus. I just love the drama that comes from something like that.
The other horror stories were alright, but none of them stuck to me like this one, perhaps its because this has a song.
Regardless, I find that there is a lot of talent in the MLP fandom and many of them have produced some of the greatest fan fictions I have yet to read.
- He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3Jeffffey
- Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.Fievel
- Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.Dusk_Imp
- Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORDDoctress Who
- Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
.BSLD: FiMFiction Story Release - Chapter 2 (12/10/2013)