New Grim Tales Comic: "Bet you have this ringtone"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Thu May 30, 2013 2:58 am

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby RasenOo » Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 am

Well.......I guess her powers are kind of developed. But she seems kind of oblivious to it. lol

Postby silvercover » Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 am

man if you thought chi was pissed earlier, you didnt see this one yet!

and look at that accessory on mimi's phone... :(

Postby Krest » Thu May 30, 2013 3:54 am

Oh sht, that's a scarier first transformation than even lycanthropism!

Still hot, though...
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 5:31 am

This is one of those momments when some powers are revealed through a deep emotional crisis. This is something that chi can't figure out how to controll. Chi also choose to not listen to Him, as se can't realize that Mimi's been captured. Forgetful, spoiled, emotional and stupid. Those are the only traits shown from Chi.

I hoped she was going to be a good villian.
F U Im evil

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 am

Oh My! What bad temper Chi has.

Postby Nina333 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 am

Chi needs to look in a mirror so she can her face looks like. I guess her face can shape shift to convey whatever emotional state she is in at the moment. Her babysitter wants to run away and she gives him a mission to go find out what happened to Mimi. I'm thinking he's not going to report back if he finds out bad news to Mimi's whereabouts since Chi would direct all her rage at him. Then again, he might just report back due to his loyalty to Aku.

Postby gaztasterofpork » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 am

There's Jeff! I forgot he's trapped in floating head mode, but a lot has happened since my last full read through. Chi as a naga is still cute tho, and the little Blossom phone clip is a nice touch!

And yes, yes I do have that ringtone :mrgreen:

Postby silvercover » Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 am

im expecting that jeff would answer the call actually. he might be able to use his webbing to get it.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:26 am

So Chi turns into a scare as hell monster when she gets pissed off, and Mimi hasn't answered Chi because she doesn't have her phone on her( and no hands). I doubt Chi will believe that answer and will just call it a lame excuse. Chi also doesn't seem to understand that you need parents consent to marry their children.
Does anyone know what has been happening with Jr, Minnie, Mimi, Grim, and Mandy? It has only been a few days, but a lot happens in one day in this comic. I really hope Chi gets lol her a*s kicked by Jr. lol when she goes to Castle Grimskull. She is in desperate need of disciplinary action.
Well kinda hope that the next page is about the Grims, and what has been happening on their side.

Question for MadDoctor: Which Doctor is that? I want to say the 5th, but i am not that confident that it is.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 am

So now Demongo is going to Jeff (and maybe frees him) and then report to Chi about where Mimi is and then we finally have a visit in Castle Evergrim
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Question for MadDoctor: Which Doctor is that? I want to say the 5th, but i am not that confident that it is.

Close. Sixth. Colin Baker. Won't last too long. Not the most popular doctor actually.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 am

Ya'll see now where the phone and Jeff are at? I believe some mother fuckers here own me some money.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 am

damn... GT is cranking pages out faster than i can predict... on another note Chi either needs a straightjacket or some anger management classes... (lol charlie sheen)
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 10:43 am

The strait jacket is more effective.
F U Im evil

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 30, 2013 10:58 am

silvercover wrote:im expecting that jeff would answer the call actually. he might be able to use his webbing to get it.

Me too man, however, sadly enough I don't believe that jeff can shoot webs from is head.. let alone his mouth.

I wonder if chi gave mimi that lock of hair and mimi added the bow as a touch.
I wouldn't be suprised if Mimi made it all on her own from Blossom (Blossom's)
hair. But Him probably gave it to her...

Chi's serpent (like) form is pretty kuuuuuul', demongo probably doesn't feel the same way.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Drago2552 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:57 am

Well Chi is pissed off like crazy. I really like the transformation though pretty kick ass. If Chi gets angry she could beat the crap out of Jr. at the moment. Also I think that thing that looks like blossoms air piece mimi keeps as a reminder of her mother.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu May 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Ya'll see now where the phone and Jeff are at? I believe some mother fuckers here own me some money.

Why? The last time we saw Jeff he was also in a cage in the Land of Tainted Souls. What for dumb things did those mother fuckers thought he was?
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 1:09 pm

In Him's car. Blood guessed Jeff's location correctly.
F U Im evil

Postby Sigment » Thu May 30, 2013 1:20 pm

I always felt like my sister did that when she got really pissed.
silvercover wrote:im expecting that jeff would answer the call actually. he might be able to use his webbing to get it.

What webbing?! He's a head. In a cage. He has no means from which to shoot webbing.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby DarkKing » Thu May 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Drago2552 wrote:Well Chi is pissed off like crazy. I really like the transformation though pretty kick ass. If Chi gets angry she could beat the crap out of Jr. at the moment. Also I think that thing that looks like blossoms air piece mimi keeps as a reminder of her mother.

Meh, I still think she would lose now that Jr. has better control of his Nergal powers. Also I think he's probably being trained by that copy of Nergal now since he showed up again.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby nightarix » Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I always felt like my sister did that when she got really pissed.

What webbing?! He's a head. In a cage. He has no means from which to shoot webbing.

more of a soul in a cage, though i agree jeff isn't in a position to answer it(though we all know he would if he could), probably a good thing too. chi hearing "mimi? oh she's not here" would probably make her even MADDER.

Postby Xi-1 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm

"Scary transformation," Krest? "Bad Temper," Mimi_Fan_Girl? Why, the better to SMITE you with!!

I believe Mimi was poledancing to this same song in her birthday flashback. If she set it for Chi's ringtone, then perhaps it has greater significance for her. Then again, maybe Chi set it? And we already know how she thinks of Mimi.

Not only did I notice the Blossom cellphone strap, but I also noticed that the hair on it is the same colour as Chi's hair in the picture. If it didn't come from Chi, then perhaps it did come from Blossom -- as in from the time Mimi killed her, possibly.

There is undoubtedly significance to these facts:
1. Mimi left her cellphone behind (probably so it wouldn't ring while on her mission, unless HIM made her leave it).
2. Mimi's cell is on HIM's office (confiscated or found?)
3. It was left 'on,' even though HIM would be able to see it on his desk and turn it off if he wanted to, before he left for Aku's realm.

All this is yet another indication that HIM is up to something, but then when is he not? This would seem to contradict his previous concern for Chi, based on her undeveloped powers. Perhaps he wants her to go after Mimi and develop them along the way? Because if Demongo actually manages to infiltrate deeply enough to see Mimi, and then escape and report back to Chi, she'll doubtlessly want to mount a Search and Rescue mission, followed by a Search and Destroy mission.
A Page Flipper

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Xi-1 wrote:There is undoubtedly significance to these facts:
1. Mimi left her cellphone behind (probably so it wouldn't ring while on her mission, unless HIM made her leave it).
2. Mimi's cell is on HIM's office (confiscated or found?)
3. It was left 'on,' even though HIM would be able to see it on his desk and turn it off if he wanted to, before he left for Aku's realm.

It doesn't have to be as complicated as you are making it. Him was displeased with Mimi, in effect "grounded" her by putting her to work, and probably took some things away from her as a further form of punishment. I don't think he really cared if it was on or not.

Xi-1 wrote:All this is yet another indication that HIM is up to something, but then when is he not?

Like what? Leaving his daughter's phone on his desk?

Oooooo, what a vast network of conspiracy you've discovered here /sarcasm.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Man her first transformation... that is scary.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!