New Grim Tales Comic: "In unholy matrimony"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 2:22 pm

ari-6 wrote:I support any theory about Chi's existence that doesn't result in incest.

Aku did it with his sister then, said no one on this site ever.

ari-6 wrote:It's just that the first picture of her I saw showed her body as a mass of shadowy tendrils bellow the waist but now she definitely has legs. Is this just a redesign?

What?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Drago2552 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Does Mimi still have her phone, because I would really like it if she received the messages and broke up with Chi. Mainly because i support a Mimi x Jr couple. Chi breaks up with Mimi through text message, Mimi starts liking Jr., and when Chi shows up Jr kicks her ass (Hopefully...he might get his but kicked)

Well chi does not have her powers yet so of course she would lose in a fight with Jr. Also i support the Jr. Harem.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Look. We've talked about this enough. Stop bringing it up and stick to relevance. It's not going to happen.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Sigment » Mon May 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Let's hope not, anyways. It just sounds like fanboy dreams.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure answering a text is the last thing on Mimi's mind right now.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Neferius » Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Aku is old, wise ...and also a dotting mother lol
Eternally Seeking,
Neferius.
Mage of Void

Postby Drago2552 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:22 am

I wonder if Aku is going to the bath in his female form. Him would be like dddddaaaaaammmmmm

Postby Biocolor » Tue May 28, 2013 12:29 am

Hahaha that's a good one drago. But I honestly think that next comic is going to be at grimskull castle. Don't you think.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue May 28, 2013 12:29 am

Ok so... the idea for a marriage between Jr and Chi is plausible, yet for Chi to marry Mimi everyone just starts screaming "What the fuck?". Seriously!? When did all of the Underworld rulers become such pansies as to become troubled by Chi's marriage to Mimi?
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Drago2552 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:49 am

Jr. and Chi might make a good couple if they get to know each other. Imagen how pissed Aku would be to be family with the Bitch Queen.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 am

@Crimson; I wouldn't go as far to say they go pansy mode over the situation. Merely disapprove.
(maybe over the skepticism of the lack of child bearing possibilities?.... (royalty and all and what not ( Chi probably has a solution ( basing that off of Blood's thought involving Aku's fragmentation and creation... Or whatever. Whatever the hell aku did in the first place I guess.. Shesshhh))))
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Deadpool94 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 am

Woah. What'd Mimi do? That escalated way too quickly.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby CallMeD. » Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 am

I know it has been said that the Grim Tales storyline takes place in a separate reality than PPG-D & is not to be considered as the eventual outcome of that storyline, but I'd like to still think that they share the same universe & elements therein. The reason I am pointing this out, is in reference to the birthing of children in relation to their parentage. As we all know, the Powerpuff Girls where created artificially by their creator/father the Professor, making it possible for other generations to be born in such a way. One fan of Grim Tales decided to make a video based on this idea. Here's the link for anyone that's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB7cvZ3QpyM

Nergal Jr. was born from an egg which was supposedly laid by his mother; unless it was his father that was the one doing the laying (something we don't fully know in regards to Nergal demons). Also, seeing as the character Poof of "The Fairly Odd Parents" was carried by his father Cosmo rather than his mother, suggests that the birthing process is not limited to just the female parent in some cases.

Having said all this, Aku is a character whose existence stems from an origin that doesn't label him as a male or female; only that he is a evil being of immeasurable power, that mostly centers around him being a wizard & a shape-shifter. He in fact could have been born formless, thus making his recognized form one he chose for it's formidable size & ferocity, but that is only a thought. As for Chi's origin, or her ability to one day have children with either a male or female spouse; is a mystery to us at this point. But given the fact that her father understands her desire to be with Mimi & is not against it; means there could possibly be a way for her & Mimi to be together if you keep an open mind. And even then, adoption can be considered a possibility.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 9:05 am

We know Mimi has the correct gear, but she is unable to bear children. So unless there is some sort of Asari thing that could occur between them, its a dead end.

Neither Nergal Demons or Fairies can influence or provide insight into this. It's like saying this blue berry and apple can be made into a pie, hence so can this tomato. Yes, a tomato is a fruit from a botany point of view and a vegetable in the eyes of a nutritionist. Point still stands that you can't make judgements on one race from the use of others.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 am

Blood Lord wrote: What?

It's nothing really. I was just wondering about Chi's difference in appearance from the picture I saw on the new bleed art thread to the way she looks now. It's not really important. I guess Bleedman or whoever came up with her character just decided she'd look better with legs.

Blood Lord wrote: Aku did it with his sister then, said no one on this site ever.

I suppose I could have been clearer. I meant I support any theory about Chi's birth that dose not result in her being directly related to Mimi. I didn't mean to imply that Aku reproduced with his relative, that is the kind of stupidity that you would jump on right away. I apologise for the confusion.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue May 28, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't double post. Just edit your post instead.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby CallMeD. » Tue May 28, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm not here to make any assumptions or step on any toes; but I have been considering these thoughts for some time now, & wanted to throw out a few ideas seeing as there is some relevance to the current story pertaining to the current page.

In my previous post, it was not my intention to imply that the methods of reproduction for other beings in this universe could influence the methods of others characters that are yet defined. I merely wanted to point out that there is still much we still don't fully understand about characters such as Chi & her father; as well as the methods of the nergal demon race when it comes to having children. The possibility of Aku being able to take a part of someone, or even an entire body & fuse some of his essence within to create a new life, would support the idea of him being able to reproduce without the necessity of having reproductive organs or a defined gender.

Grim Jr. on the other hand, sole existence was that of death until he was granted the gift of life with him merging with his sister's living nergal side & the powers & abilities that it possessed. Thereby giving him new flesh & supposedly the ability to reproduce via his new nergal body. Now, even though he is a male, the flesh of his sister could still be that of a nergal female. And if the nergal race was able to reproduce regardless of gender; Then Jr. could supposedly be the one able to bear children (lay eggs) so long as he is able to extract the D.N.A. from a mate of his choosing, such as Mimi or Chi even. Making such a union in marriage possible for characters that are otherwise unable to bear offspring, or of the same gender so long as their respected mate is capable of doing so.

Of course, this remains only a theory until proven otherwise. Until we have a better understanding of who & what they are, & where these characters are headed; we can still theorize for now.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

CallMeD. wrote:The possibility of Aku being able to take a part of someone, or even an entire body & fuse some of his essence within to create a new life, would support the idea of him being able to reproduce without the necessity of having reproductive organs or a defined gender.

Yes. I have pointed this out many times by now.

Point being that we don't understand the anatomy of Aku. The tv series doesn't provide too much light on this except for his back ground and creation. From there we can see how defined organs probably isn't something that he has. Hence if he does reproduce asexually like I've pointed out, and only needed something to generate the spark of life into it like how he was created. The a soul or fragments of said soul could provide the necessary requirements to make a new life form with a different personality than he has. Blossom's soul would be able to match this requirement. Thus making Chi and Mimi unrelated, allowing a friendship between the two Lords, and explaining the unusual attraction Chi has for Mimi. The question comes though if Bleedman and/or his new writer are this intelligent or not, or if we are overestimating them like we do with everything else.

CallMeD. wrote:Of course, this remains only a theory until proven otherwise.

Directing this comment to the idea that you had about Jr, no it doesn't. A theory is something hard and proven, able to be backed up with facts and figures, you only have assumptions in that detail. You have nothing to back it up, and the only thing it takes for something that flimsy is for another theory that has proof to come along and push it out of the way.

Minnie was a hybrid, the female reproductive capabilities could have easily been from the human half and not the nergal half. In fact I suspect this is the most likely case since the nergal part is symbiotic in origin and nature. Basically, it doesn't have the correct genetic material and DNA requirements to merge quite like that. If it did, then it would only be able to mix and match with members of other species that share its sex. We've seen in Billy and Mandy that Nergal was able to use portions of himself to infect everyone and turn them into nergal creatures. Thus it is a symbiote and maintains that identity in the comic.

It is more likely that it requires a partner in order to produce offspring. It needs another host in order to move from one person to another since it itself cannot produce enough DNA to complete the process. I believe the comic even explained this part in a little detail.

ari-6 wrote:It's nothing really. I was just wondering about Chi's difference in appearance from the picture I saw on the new bleed art thread to the way she looks now. It's not really important. I guess Bleedman or whoever came up with her character just decided she'd look better with legs.

Provide the picture, because I have no idea what you are talking about.
Mercypostle

Postby CallMeD. » Tue May 28, 2013 6:19 pm

My apologies for addressing it as a theory. I meant it as an idea I happened to consider, & wound up getting a bit ahead of myself & made an error in phrasing it. As to repeating your opinion on Aku's method of creating life, I was going off what you had said previously in an attempt to agree & support the idea. It makes sense, & could apply the same to Chi if she truly intended to marry Mimi, or any being incapable of bearing offspring; thus it would be her duty to bring new life in the world, just as she was created. That is assuming she inherits this ability from her father, should it be how she was born.

As for Grim Jr., he was unborn into existence as a child of death; who was clearly not equipped with the means to bring new life into being in the beginning. Had he remained the same & one day been set with an arranged marriage by his mother, he would have been bound to the same restrictions of his father; having to raise children that belonged to another man. Mandy would've been aware of this fact, & probably had made plans to make up for this deficiency; like marrying him to a being such as Chi, who could take a part of him & add to it in order to create an offspring via the same method that created her.

Minnie was a hybrid, the female reproductive capabilities could have easily been from the human half and not the nergal half. In fact I suspect this is the most likely case since the nergal part is symbiotic in origin and nature. Basically, it doesn't have the correct genetic material and DNA requirements to merge quite like that.

Well if this is the case, then Nergal Jr. is a hybrid born from a mortal woman & his father who was a full blooded nergal demon. But if the nergal part is solely symbiotic & therefore lacks the requirements for reproduction, how does this explain Nergal Jr.'s birth? Did Nergal Sr. take genetic material from his wife, & use it to give birth to his son, or was he born the old fashioned way? Now, I imagine that Minnie was probably born from her mother with the help of Nergal Jr., but her nergal side was not symbiotic to her anatomy. On the 15th page of chapter 3, Nergal Sr. explains that the recipients of the nergal eye, are transformed into demons themselves; so Grim Jr. should now have the characteristics of a living being (possibly to include the nature of reproduction).
Here's the link to the page:

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=58

Again, these are my thoughts on the matters. And as time passes, I'll adjust my views as the story progresses & make amendments to my opinions.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 pm

You have good thoughts. It is appreciated. I wanted to get that out there, and shall review your post in more depth later this evening.
Mercypostle

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue May 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue May 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Most of the ideas for reproduction seem likely to be true. I for one am not going to say how unless Bleedman says so himself, otherwise people will probably go down the completely wrong trains of thought.

message for Drago2552: There is no possibility for a Jr. harem. This is because of the type of personalities everyone has. Jr is probably to "goodhearted" to do that, thinking of it as cheating on his girl(who ever that ends up being, seriously we need a new guy now). Minnie and Chi are to lady like to consider it as a solution/possibility. and Mimi will probably be overly obsessive of Jr, and kill who ever kisses him.

Does anyone know if Bleedman reads these post and adjust his story to some idea that someone might say, or that the majority are supporting?

I still support a Jr x Mimi, and no idea if kids is even an option.:?:
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm not sure if he directly reads them, but he does get feedback and reports on the responses by at least his editors/writers. This is from an off-handed remark made by grids years ago. I'm not sure what his response to these discussions are. It would be interesting to find out.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:47 am

YesterdaysLingo wrote:@ari-6 / I guess Blood as well;
Is this the pic?

Yes, that's it. I was just about to try and figure out how to make a link but you have saved me some time, thank you! Also thanks to Bloodlord for condensing my two posts. I had forgotten you can go back and edit old posts.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby alexceltare2 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Please, no more grim tales. I want Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm

I know your new. But you can't just make demands on forums here. Bleedman works on the comic he's comfortable with. And he's comfortable with GT at the momment. He doesn't even visit the forums, let alone post in them.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 pm

alexceltare2 wrote:Please, no more grim tales. I want Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi.

Agreed. But alas, these pleas are in vain.
Mercypostle

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!