CHAPTER 5!

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Stan » Mon May 27, 2013 2:49 pm

First of all I want to apologize for abondoning you guys but I have been really stressed and busy. Being hold up at gun point isn't fun at all. I have sold my store and decided to come back to what I really love. I am printing a Magazine that will only be available in my country for now but it's a Prequel to Titan Sphere. I really want to finish this Comic here because it is where I started. I will still run it on the other site in tandem with this one. Like I said earlier sorry for my absence and I hope I can settle back in to finish the Story I started. Color just takes a really long time and I have that now.

So until page 1...
Adios
In my hand the creators sword that causes eternal sleep, honour our pact and here my command... "ANIMATE this Comic"

Re: CHAPTER 5!

Postby Exodis » Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Glad to see you back Stan! Missed you and the comic!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Lord Frieza » Mon May 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Glad to have you back! Titan Sphere's biggest fan has been waiting for you.
Planet Pawner

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon May 27, 2013 6:34 pm

But Stan, holding the procrastinating creators of our favorite shit up on gunpoint is our favorite pastime!
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Brax4 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Welcome back, glad to have you.

I jumped over to the other site you were updating on a few times, but I couldn't keep up like I could here.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Stan » Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm

@ the Mad Doctor your post is now 666 and procrastinating is an artists' favorite past-time

And thanks for the welcome everybody.
In my hand the creators sword that causes eternal sleep, honour our pact and here my command... "ANIMATE this Comic"

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Yay Stan's back! I was beginning to think you fell off the face of the Earth. Good to have you back.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby kidwakanda » Mon May 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Me: he's back guys
Everybody: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!
(Return of the mack starts playing)
Forever ends when no one can see it.

Postby stratus » Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Stan wrote:First of all I want to apologize for abondoning you guys but I have been really stressed and busy. Being hold up at gun point isn't fun at all. I have sold my store and decided to come back to what I really love. I am printing a Magazine that will only be available in my country for now but it's a Prequel to Titan Sphere. I really want to finish this Comic here because it is where I started. I will still run it on the other site in tandem with this one. Like I said earlier sorry for my absence and I hope I can settle back in to finish the Story I started. Color just takes a really long time and I have that now.

So until page 1...

Adios
just to be clear, you were not actually held at gunpoint in a physical store right?

Postby Stan » Mon May 27, 2013 11:05 pm

stratus wrote:
Stan wrote:First of all I want to apologize for abondoning you guys but I have been really stressed and busy. Being hold up at gun point isn't fun at all. I have sold my store and decided to come back to what I really love. I am printing a Magazine that will only be available in my country for now but it's a Prequel to Titan Sphere. I really want to finish this Comic here because it is where I started. I will still run it on the other site in tandem with this one. Like I said earlier sorry for my absence and I hope I can settle back in to finish the Story I started. Color just takes a really long time and I have that now.

So until page 1...

Adios
just to be clear, you were not actually held at gunpoint in a physical store right?

Why yes, yes i was. No one got hurt, which I was happy for, but it was really disheartening to have to go through that.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 28, 2013 7:41 am

Oh wait, I thought you meant people getting angry at you for procrastinating.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby AgentXer0 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Welcome back, Stan. You mentioned how long it takes you to color the comics. What do you use to color your pages?
"Calm down, Doctor! Now is not the time to fear...that comes later."
Half panda Half wolf Half human 100 percent awesome

Postby Stan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:03 pm

AgentXer0 wrote:Welcome back, Stan. You mentioned how long it takes you to color the comics. What do you use to color your pages?

Well technically, it shouldn't take ma as long anymore because I got a Wacom Intuos 5 to work with I was using it the other day to work on some stuff and it just cut my time in half. But I was using trackball mouse and the pen tool which is a really tedious process (all that clicking) well here's my process in a nutshell.

1) Draw entire chapter...17 pages of comic. ( I do this so the style does change for that whole chapter)
2) Ink Entire Chapter (keep in mind I had work also)
3) Scan Entire Chapter and Clean up work. ( I have to scan in Halves cuz' I don't have a huge scanner)
4) Start working on each Individual Page..
a. Lay Flat colors (this is long and boring but has to be done this can take anywhere from one day to a week depending on my schedule)
b. Add Shadows and Highlights (this is a bit fun)
c. Add Details and Special Effects (super fun)
5) Export to illustrator to Add text
6) Save multiple files (one for original and one for web)

and thats my process.

Postby Sigment » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:52 pm

I assume that's a rather common process for modern comics, at least on the internet.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Stan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Yes, but having a team makes it easier, also, that being the only thing one does as well.

Return to Comic Updates and News!