New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 am

no, just taking the apearance of a woman. Shapeshifter, remember.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 am

Just want to point out that Aku said Chi will be the 'Shoguness of Darkness' meaning female. I believe one of Aku's titles was 'The Shogun of Sorrow' meaning male. He's taking a female form to compensate for Chi not having her real mother there.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BloodReaper » Mon May 27, 2013 7:05 am

So Aku fill in the role of mother using the old persona of Ikra, interesting idea.

Also whats with sibling's one sided love so bad they want to marry in this story? First Mini and now Chi? We know that Jr knows about it and isn't really for it either. I wonder if Mimi knows about Chi though? What would her thoughts be on it?
Rest is for the Dead
Reaper in Training

Postby Mir@k » Mon May 27, 2013 8:48 am

BloodReaper wrote:Also whats with sibling's one sided love so bad they want to marry in this story? First Mini and now Chi?
Chi and mimi are not silblings.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CosmicKirby » Mon May 27, 2013 9:37 am

sinistra-sundown wrote:Oh yes it does. Quite heavily, actually. TWD neither displays the children as useless crybabies nor as adults in child bodies. They are shown as normal human beings with a lot less life experience than everyone else. And that's what makes them believable.

Somebody watches Extra Credits.

Wonder where we're going to cut to next. Could be to Aku and Him, Mimi, or wherever Mimi's cell phone is. Then again if Chi does something else stupid we might be following her for a bit longer.

Postby Nick/tyrong » Mon May 27, 2013 10:27 am

I'd like a couple things clairified, please. Okay, so can Aku asexually reproduce? Or is there a second one? Been a while since I saw Samurai Jack, but as far as I can recall it's never even brought up. Most of the concensus here though seems to be on the asexual angle. Which brings me to my next question.

What's the issue that the Demons Lords Of Hell would have? "The position you'd represent yourself in with such a decision would not sit as well with the other rulers."

No really, what could their actual issue be? Please don't say the homosexuality angle. I'm not homophobic in the slightest, but most religions DO say a certain something about homosexuals, so I'd take a gander that the Demon Lords Of Hell wouldn't have much of an issue with that. And if it's the lack of an heir, well, since Chi's Aku's daughter, we can pretty much assume she'd have the same powers as her father, including, in this case, asexual reproduction.

The only issue I can think of is that she married for love, instead of unholy power... but that's still rather invalid, as Mimi is pegged right in this page as a scion of ultimate evil. If love includes unholy power that would make the angles cower under the tresses of God's skirt tails, then boo yeah, right?

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 am

Nick/tyrong wrote:Okay, so can Aku asexually reproduce? Or is there a second one?

No idea, but it is a current thought.

Nick/tyrong wrote:What's the issue that the Demons Lords Of Hell Lords of the Underworld would have?

Both of your suggestions could work. Though I will point out that not everyone is a demon. Aku did mention that there were other things that need to be considered, one being consent. I'm not sure if Aku was mentioning Mimi's Dad, Mimi, or some other party we have yet to be made aware of.

Nick/tyrong wrote:And if it's the lack of an heir, well, since Chi's Aku's daughter, we can pretty much assume she'd have the same powers as her father, including, in this case, asexual reproduction.

Assumptions are dangerous. A producible heir isn't the issue though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Mir@k wrote:
BloodReaper wrote:Also whats with sibling's one sided love so bad they want to marry in this story? First Mini and now Chi?
Chi and mimi are not silblings.

He's referring how both Chi and Mini love their respective half-siblings.

1 thing that might make other rulers uneasy is if Chi and Mimi get married, 2 powerhouses just joined together. I'm sure if Mandy heard of them joining through marriage, she'd try and marry off Junior, Mimi or even the ghost kid(s) for all we know she could already be doing that.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 2:20 pm

How could she be trying to marry off something that hasn't been created yet?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 2:27 pm

There are cultures where 2 families agree that if their children are a boy and girl, they can marry, the only way to break that pact is if the child's gender doesn't come out as they hoped. In this case I don't think they care for genders and they might have ways to already look a bit into the future. One way, Danny might ask Clockwork for the gender(s) of his own and other unborn kids. Just a thought, I don't think it'll become complicated to the point where everyone is trying to marry their kids into power, but Aku sees more than 1 problem, this is just a possibility that's occurred in Asian cultures.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Have you gotten any sort of hint in the comic that this is a possibility?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Just the recent pages with Aku and the fact Mandy is having kids with strong people. Strong children means strong grandchildren to many different cultures, I'm assuming that Mandy has more motives for having these kids.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 pm

The theory of Mandy having children with powerful people to gain more people is still a theory and doesn't hold the key information it once had for the comic. Since AB is now non-canon, it would be wise to consider it and all information that it has given and introduced into the GT world, irrelevant. Going by her current status, Minnie is the only child of whom Mandy had a powerful partner.

While it still has a good sound and ring to it, it doesn't have the support it use to have. That wasn't what I was getting at though. Let me clarify.

Are you sure that she (Mandy) operates by this culture or ideology of marrying off her children before they are married? Or that any of them work with pre-teen marriage arrangements?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Etherian » Mon May 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Etherian wrote:The most interesting possibility for me would be if Mimi were actually texting Chi back. Mimi might still be able be able to pull her phone from hammer space, or some of the items in it may be left on her person. I had assumed Mimi to be cut off from the outside world, but that may not be the case. Though, that brings up why she wouldn't have responded until now.

One big problem with this, even if Mimi can get to her phone, how exactly could she reply? As far as we can tell, Mimi can't talk. And with no powers, she has no claws (or tail), so she can't type. What is she going to do, ask Junior to type the message for her? try and type if with her arm stubs (in theory possible, but I tend to think doing so would require training Mimi never got.) Unless her phone has some sort of "telepathy to text" function, or Mimi really DOES have some innate telekinetic ability left (if she had any originally) being powerless really DOES mean she's cut off.

Nose? Bleed's characters do tend to have rather pointy noses. Seriously though, that's a good point. It hadn't even occurred to me that she no longer has hands (or a tail).
Mimi is shown in GTFO to have had telekinetic powers, but it's uncertain whether she still can use them and unlikely she can text with them.

The more I think about it, the more I think that comb with its sparkles has something to do with Chi's new knowledge. Aku might not be willing to directly interfere with Him's affairs for Chi, but he might give her this little info or temporary ability.

Havoc751 wrote:Also a very disturbing thought just accrued. Him is probably at the hot springs by now. Is Aku going to join Him, while in female form? o.O

Oh god! Why? Why, out of all the stuff in this comic, is this the most disturbing thing I've read?

Blood Lord wrote:
Nick/tyrong wrote:What's the issue that the Demons Lords Of Hell Lords of the Underworld would have?

Both of your suggestions could work. Though I will point out that not everyone is a demon. Aku did mention that there were other things that need to be considered, one being consent. I'm not sure if Aku was mentioning Mimi's Dad, Mimi, or some other party we have yet to be made aware of.

I assumed that the other Lords wouldn't be happy about two such powerful families joining together. Their marriage could lead to something like the War of Spanish Succession (I think that's the right one).

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 3:03 pm

I don't have any facts to back up if any of them support these ideas. Just assumptions based off of character personalities. Chi bringing up marriage just made me think of how Mandy would react, after rethinking it though, she's not the type to copy others(at least that's what I remember from the series). Also, there's the whole Minnie offering her other eye away.
Sorry for bringing up a thought without anything solid to back it up xD Just wanted to throw ideas out there.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 3:05 pm

No its fine. I was just curious to see where you were getting these ideas and seeing if I might have missed something.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rushira » Mon May 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Etherian wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:Also a very disturbing thought just accrued. Him is probably at the hot springs by now. Is Aku going to join Him, while in female form? o.O

Oh god! Why? Why, out of all the stuff in this comic, is this the most disturbing thing I've read?

Here's a more disturbing thought catering to the idea that both Chi and Mimi are half-siblings and about Aku's sexuality:

For all we know, Aku (in his female) could have done the nasty with Him to produce Chi. Thus, Chi and Mimi are sisters and Aku is both a capable father and mother.

Now everyone's happy disturbed.
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Rushira wrote:Now everyone's happy disturbed.

You're a wonderful disturbing person. I like it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Religion: The religious and spiritual beliefs can play a large role in finding a suitable spouse
Caste and culture: Usually, first preference is given to the same caste. The ancestry of the individual and the family's culture and traditions also play an important part. Usually, prospective spouses are looked for from families belonging to the same region and having the same language and food habits.
Reputation of the family and friends with power over that child.
Wealth: Families holding substantial assets may prefer to marry to another wealthy family.
Vocation: For a groom, the profession of doctor, accountant, lawyer or engineer are traditionally valued as excellent spouse material. More recently, any profession commanding relatively high income is also given preference. Vocation is less important for a bride[citation needed] but it is not uncommon for two people of the same vocation to be matched. Some preferred vocations for a bride include the profession of teacher, doctor, or lawyer.
Physical fitness and Psychological health of the individual is taken into account in some cases.
Horoscope: Numerology and the positions of stars at birth is often used in Indian culture to predict the success of a particular match. Horoscope becomes a determining factor if one of the partners is Mângalik (lit., negatively influenced by Mars).

Way too lazy right now to do anything more. But here is a clip from Wikipedia on considerations that happen when arranged marriages go down. The other Lords might have a problem with one or more of these.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sinistra-sundown » Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm

CosmicKirby wrote:Somebody watches Extra Credits.

You caught me there.
Rushira wrote:Here's a more disturbing thought catering to the idea that both Chi and Mimi are half-siblings and about Aku's sexuality:

For all we know, Aku (in his female) could have done the nasty with Him to produce Chi. Thus, Chi and Mimi are sisters and Aku is both a capable father and mother.

Now everyone's happy disturbed.

I don't know about you guys, but I still don't think that HIM really is into women. I refuse to believe that he had sex with Blossom out of enjoyment.

Postby Sigment » Mon May 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:The theory of Mandy having children with powerful people to gain more people is still a theory and doesn't hold the key information it once had for the comic. Since AB is now non-canon, it would be wise to consider it and all information that it has given and introduced into the GT world, irrelevant. Going by her current status, Minnie is the only child of whom Mandy had a powerful partner.

Well, we still don't know who Junior's father is, though. Plus, we don't even know why Mandy was willing to have sex with Danny in the first place. All we know about that event is that she has promised to raise Danny's child to fight, defeat and maybe even "kill" him, if such a possibility exists. It probably doesn't, though. Right now, Clockwork seems to be the only one who can end Dark Danny's existence.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Well, we still don't know who Junior's father is, though.

That doesn't matter. The Reaper process would have eliminated all potential powers to make room and make sure that there isn't a conflict the Reaper energies.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:All we know about that event is that she has promised to raise Danny's child to fight, defeat and maybe even "kill" him, if such a possibility exists. It probably doesn't, though.

The interesting part of this is that the comic is conflicted over this. She promised him a child to fight him and would raise it, but this was before AfterBirth. When it was leaked and eliminated from being canon, it seemed to have back tracked.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Clockwork seems to be the only one who can end Dark Danny's existence.

No. He is in existence because of him, but anyone with anti-ghost capabilities can kill him.

I do wonder why anyone in the Underworld would need an heir. Everyone is eternal.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Retirement? In case they might die? Those are my guesses. Junior's father must have some importance, Grim seemed mad when Nergal brought it up.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sinistra-sundown » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Retirement? In case they might die? Those are my guesses.

What about Grim? He is Death itself, I doubt he can die. And he's been doing that for millenia now.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Junior's father must have some importance, Grim seemed mad when Nergal brought it up.
Yea, that's probably because this person screwed his wife.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 pm

I imagine the reason varies from ruler to ruler. Mandy seems to want them to expand her power base. Him maybe becuse he needs a mini conterpart to carry out his dirty work. I have no idea why Hunson had Marceline, and Aku's motivations are still a little ambiguos.

I should also point out that "immortal" doesn't mean you can't be killed, just that you can't die of old age. Minnie was probably immortal under the same sort of deal Mandy is (she'll live as long as Grim Doesn't Reap her, which he won't) and she did die (okay, they brought her back, but she still did die) Ditto Junior, being undead isn't exactly the same thing as being "alive" Walker presumably died at some point too (assuming he is the ghost of someone and not some sort of elemental spirit) Presumaby Aku can be killed or Jack's attacks would be meaningless to him. I don't know if Hunson is immortal since I have no clue whether he's a demon or a vampire. They all probably can be destroyed somehow (I imagine Mandy is counting on this fact) so all might want an heir.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)