Name Change Request Thread

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Tuor » Sun May 26, 2013 2:04 am

People usually wind up shortening long names when referring to someone, and then the person usually winds up just going by the shorter one. Also, I'm pretty sure Bellorosso del Fiore is grammatically incorrect
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun May 26, 2013 2:38 am

Really? I'm not aware of proper grammar in Italian myself.

I also wanted to keep the shortened form of my current username too, but I'm just making sure this username is alright before the name change procedure can begin because of its length. Once you guys verify it, I'd like to give you guys my permission before the change takes effect. I want to make sure I'm okay with my decision by then, since I'm aware of the 6 month period, even though I'm quite confident with the way it is.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Sun May 26, 2013 2:48 am

Well, "bellorosso" is not a word in italian, that I know of, it would be split up as "bello rosso", which would mean something like "beautiful red". I've only ever seen "bella rosa" which means "beautiful rose", "del fiore" is "of the flower". So you're wanting the name to me Beautiful Red of the Flower?
The name will fit, I'm not sure what you mean by wanting "to keep the shortened form of my current username"?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun May 26, 2013 3:31 am

The shortened username thing isn't a big deal. I found out however that Google translate actually translates the name itself to beautiful red flower, and not just beautiful red of the flower, although it can be changed to that in its English translation. I'm aware of words also meaning other things too in many languages such as Japanese, so is the google translation accurate as well?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Hiroko » Sun May 26, 2013 3:34 am

Don't rely on Google Translate. It's not always accurate with grammar, word order, or proper usage of words, for that matter.
The Sentimental One

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun May 26, 2013 4:00 am

What you said Hiroko is exactly one reason why I like using it to twist names.

Now, can you guys change my name to Bellorosso del Fiore?
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sun May 26, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Name changed from Rosso Rose to Bellorosso del Fiore
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Positive on that?
Screw it. consider it done.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Whooo.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon May 27, 2013 12:27 am

HOLY FUCK THANK YOU

IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL ON ME
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 2:46 am

You sound like some sort of boss you'd find in a Bleach game.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Q.U. » Mon May 27, 2013 2:50 am

I wonder. Have you ever wanted to be a woman, Rosso?
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 am

To admit, having a name that's related to flowers isn't bad. I'm a guilty party. But then having it from birth and going with it is different from choosing it on your own... So...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby EagleMan » Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 am

What do you want us to address you as now? Rosso? Bell/o?

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon May 27, 2013 3:58 am

Let's still call him Rosso.
I changed my name yet some of you still call me Exodis (or eggy), which I kinda like.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon May 27, 2013 4:01 am

You guys can still address me as Rosso. A Red Rose is my favorite flower, hence I named myself after it.

A Rose can symbolize many things. Love, Religion, etc. Then there is Death, Blood, and perhaps even War. With War and Death in mind, a Red Rose can be paired very well with a Purple Heart. So as you can see when it comes with names I like to make sure they have some sort of meaning to them.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:You sound like some sort of boss you'd find in a Bleach game.

Fillers kept me from liking Bleach any further. I admire the series regardless, even to this day.
Q.U. wrote:I wonder. Have you ever wanted to be a woman, Rosso?

That...is a good question actually. I'll tell you right now that although I embrace my feminine side as much as I do my masculine, I never wanted to be a woman. Excuse me for this QU but this is going to be a long reply:

But one reason I admire women a lot is because of how elegant they can be. They're like a bouquet of flowers, for they come in many styles and they all mean something to all of us. In this case I look at myself as just a rose, a petal, a stem of leaves under and nothing more. In other words, just a flower, at least when you look at it. So you've got to have some meaning behind being just one thing, and a Rose has many, just like any single flower out there.

And like the scent of a flower, women can take your breathe away. I always thought that my high school never had attractive women, but in of my classes this semester there was a girl of Asian-European descent that I was a little reluctant to approach during a life simulation in which she forgot to write her fake house address, and she looked a little bit like the Asian chick in page 316 of the sexy thread in Tuor's post. I find people of mixed blood to be quite beautiful (on example being Yuna cosplayer tinkerchel on YouTube), so when I was real close to her I struggle just a tiny bit to keep my cool. Hot DAMN she was beautiful though. Her eyes were also piercing so I was lucky we only laid eyes for just under a second.

Best part about her? She's an artist too, just like my last crush but not as good though, HAHAHA! And she probably doesn't play video games either. I also know another girl who's a grade below mine and a Japanese-American that plays video games too but that's another story. I don't want to sound like a pervert, but I wonder if she realized the orange shirt she was wearing the other day was see through and and that it exposed her solid black bra?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Mon May 27, 2013 4:08 am

Possibly wearing flimsy shirts that show the bra underneath is a bit of a style, at least where I live. I agree about mixed people being gorgeous. My girlfriend is half-French and half-Japanese.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon May 27, 2013 4:12 am

Hm...could be a style where I live too. She isn't the only one that's been doing it around my school lately, but I suspect my school district could restrict it in a few years or so. Regardless, I found out she was closer to being flat chested, no big surprise here.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Mon May 27, 2013 7:27 am

Tuor, are you dating Hannah Minx?
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Mir@k » Mon May 27, 2013 8:28 am

24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Warbear wrote:Tuor, are you dating Hannah Minx?

This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Varspool » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Are we still allowed to request an username change?
I really feel stupid and childish with this one.
Show me the color of your credits.

Postby Tuor » Mon May 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Yup, we did one just last night.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 pm

I would too if I had a name like that. What would you like your name to be changed to?

EDIT: Curse you and your ninja skills.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Ninjas, the lot of you.
The Sentimental One

Postby Varspool » Mon May 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I would too if I had a name like that. What would you like your name to be changed to?

EDIT: Curse you and your ninja skills.

Decided to change it to Varspool.
Show me the color of your credits.

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens