New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

Postby Collider » Sun May 26, 2013 10:52 am

Chi gets more unlikeable the more we see of her. Well, not that it wasn't expected, anyway.
Gaze into nothingness and despair!

Re: New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 26, 2013 11:21 am

Chi's jealosy:
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby sinistra-sundown » Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Now that I think about it, Chi is pretty much the only child character in Bleeds comics that actually acts like a child (except for maybe Junior in the first half of From Down Below.) Every other child character in Bleeds comics is always displayed as mentally fully grown. (Feel free correct me if I'm wrong.)

It kinda makes her more believable to me.

Collider wrote:Chi gets more unlikeable the more we see of her. Well, not that it wasn't expected, anyway.
I think this comes exactly from thinking of her as mentally adult. Just give it a thought: She most likely doesn't fully understand the situation, because of her limited world few, which comes from existing for a way shorter period of time than all the elder characters.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun May 26, 2013 1:08 pm

I think Minnie has the mentality of a child, one that's shy and has had a closed off life. Which she has. I think that the kids in PPGD follow their character bios, being kids included.

Interesting to see how far Aku has went with the mother role. Aku fits the parenting role nicely, though many others have already mentioned that fact. I wonder if Chi's texts are coincidentally on point, a form of her powers or a form of Mimi's powers.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ataw » Sun May 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Lets see:

1) Eaten by demonddog? Been there done that...

2)Powers stript? check...

3) At the mercy of a she-devil? Delt with...

4) And rip a boy's head off? I think that came before number one...
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby sinistra-sundown » Sun May 26, 2013 2:15 pm

@Tenshi:

How is being shy and closed off a child like attitude? Are you trying to bring up the point that she doesn't know how to handle her feelings just like Chi and thus acts like someone unexperienced in life? Because I don't think that's the case. Minnie's feelings don't have much of a "right way" to handle, which causes her sorrow - a situation that would overextend even an adult person.

Now let's look at the way she is handling her feelings. She realizes that there can never be an accaptable way to satisfy them. She shows complete and utter comprehension for what's going on inside her and how the world works. A child that is something between 9 and 12 years old would never even remotely comprehend all of this quite as well.

Aside from that, Minnie never shows fear of danger, doesn't act irrationally (at least when she's not corrupted by HIM) and so on.

Now it's been a while since I've read the PPGD but I can't really recall much of a moment that would display any of the three girls very much child like by my definition. I do agree with you that they do in the actual show, though.

Postby Sigment » Sun May 26, 2013 2:26 pm

*reads her texts*
Yeah, about that...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun May 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I wonder if Chi's texts are coincidentally on point, a form of her powers or a form of Mimi's powers.

Chi did complain earlier about when is she gonna get her powers, maybe her awareness for Mimi's situation is some form of her powers coming to mature. Or it could be Mimi unknowingly sending out some psychic signals to Chi, cause she did used to be a really powerful telepath right?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun May 26, 2013 2:50 pm

@sinistra-sundown
idk about you, but ik a lot of Asian children like that, giving Asian as a example because I have many Chinese cousins as reference. I'd say about a third of my cousins act reserved and only pushes for what they want when they're in front of people more accepting of them, like when she was pinned down with Junior. The only difference between them would be their level of vocabulary. Not to mention that Minnie was a prodigy, she was treated as such. She grew up in a more matured environment and was pampered to a certain extent. Also showing no fear in situations something much easier to do as a child than it is as an adult.
As for the PPGD characters, that's your personal opinion, you also need to account for the environment they're in and how it'd affect them. Using a more dramatic example would be to look at the behavior of characters going through a zombie apocalypse, they find different way to cope with different situations.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sinistra-sundown » Sun May 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:@sinistra-sundown
idk about you, but ik a lot of Asian children like that, giving Asian as a example because I have many Chinese cousins as reference. I'd say about a third of my cousins act reserved and only pushes for what they want when they're in front of people more accepting of them, like when she was pinned down with Junior. The only difference between them would be their level of vocabulary.
"Because my cousin is a child and acts like that, acting like that means being child like" isn't a very good argument. I'm pretty sure your cousin doesn't behave that way because (s)he is having such complex feelings. What I'm trying to say is, acting child like isn't about the behaviour itself but what causes it. Take Chi. She has a crush on Mimi and is ignored by her. She doesn't know what a rational response to that situation would be. Therefore, she does things that won't make her situation better but worse, like insulting HIM out of utter frustration or sending Mimi these texts. Because she doesn't understand that this won't help her. She just doesn't know what else she could do.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Not to mention that Minnie was a prodigy, she was treated as such. She grew up in a more matured environment and was pampered to a certain extent. Also showing no fear in situations something much easier to do as a child than it is as an adult.
I can see how this together with the consideration of her superpowers and skills makes the argument "having no fear" invalid, you are right.

Tenshi Nova wrote:As for the PPGD characters, that's your personal opinion,
It isn't my opinion, I said I don't remember a moment where one of the three girls is shown "child like", by the definition I am trying to give you here.

Tenshi Nova wrote:you also need to account for the environment they're in and how it'd affect them. Using a more dramatic example would be to look at the behavior of characters going through a zombie apocalypse, they find different way to cope with different situations.
I like that you brought that up. Are you familiar with The Walking Dead? It contains non grown up characters that act like children. And by that I only mean they act like people with hundrets of hours of less experience, but in the core aren't that different from adults. That is what I'm talking about when I write "child like". Not childish or having a fixed type of behaviour, but only not fully comprehending the world yet.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 26, 2013 3:30 pm

well, compared to walking dead, these guys adapt to their enviroment by finding all sorts of weapons all over the ground. They work together, they survive together, and they are still sane.

I do think it's the enviroment that affects personality, after extended periods of time.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Etherian » Sun May 26, 2013 3:36 pm

The most interesting possibility for me would be if Mimi were actually texting Chi back. Mimi might still be able be able to pull her phone from hammer space, or some of the items in it may be left on her person. I had assumed Mimi to be cut off from the outside world, but that may not be the case. Though, that brings up why she wouldn't have responded until now.

I hope your teeth falls off.

Small grammatical error. NEK, you gotta be more careful! That is, unless the error in the text was intentional.
On the topic of the editor, does anyone know what roles he fills? Is he like the editor of a newspaper or more like a proofreader?

Edit:
I like the painting in the background; it's a nice touch. I also think it's cool that Chi's flaming eyebrows being different sizes in the last panel adds to her expression.

New thought: I wonder if the hairbrush has something to with Chi's sudden telepathic abilities.
Last edited by Etherian on Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun May 26, 2013 3:57 pm

sinistra-sundown wrote:"Because my cousin is a child and acts like that, acting like that means being child like" isn't a very good argument. I'm pretty sure your cousin doesn't behave that way because (s)he is having such complex feelings. What I'm trying to say is, acting child like isn't about the behaviour itself but what causes it. Take Chi. She has a crush on Mimi and is ignored by her. She doesn't know what a rational response to that situation would be. Therefore, she does things that won't make her situation better but worse, like insulting HIM out of utter frustration or sending Mimi these texts. Because she doesn't understand that this won't help her. She just doesn't know what else she could do.

Agreed, my bad. I just mentioned it that way, because I'm used to seeing kids act like that, forgot that it doesn't actually make it child-like.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun May 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Etherian wrote:The most interesting possibility for me would be if Mimi were actually texting Chi back. Mimi might still be able be able to pull her phone from hammer space, or some of the items in it may be left on her person. I had assumed Mimi to be cut off from the outside world, but that may not be the case. Though, that brings up why she wouldn't have responded until now.

One big problem with this, even if Mimi can get to her phone, how exactly could she reply? As far as we can tell, Mimi can't talk. And with no powers, she has no claws (or tail), so she can't type. What is she going to do, ask Junior to type the message for her? try and type if with her arm stubs (in theory possible, but I tend to think doing so would require training Mimi never got.) Unless her phone has some sort of "telepathy to text" function, or Mimi really DOES have some innate telekinetic ability left (if she had any originally) being powerless really DOES mean she's cut off.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby sinistra-sundown » Sun May 26, 2013 9:21 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:well, compared to walking dead, these guys adapt to their enviroment by finding all sorts of weapons all over the ground. They work together, they survive together, and they are still sane.
I do think it's the enviroment that affects personality, after extended periods of time.

Oh yes it does. Quite heavily, actually. TWD neither displays the children as useless crybabies nor as adults in child bodies. They are shown as normal human beings with a lot less life experience than everyone else. And that's what makes them believable.

As for the topic of Mimi's mobile: Do you think HIM would let her go to Grim's castle with a device that enables her to call for help? I mean, it was HIM's plan to get her punished by the Grim family after all.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun May 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Also the possibility of Mandy having something to jam signals going in and out of the castle.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 11:02 pm

I'd suspect signal jamming.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun May 26, 2013 11:22 pm

It's Mandy, one should be prepared for anything involving her.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Havoc » Sun May 26, 2013 11:58 pm

I suspect Mimi's cellphone is either:

-Back at Him's domain.

-In castle Grim-Skull somewhere.

-Or it's been destroyed somehow.

It's interesting how Aku takes the from of a woman in order to be Chi's mother. Makes me think Aku never interned to start a family with Blossom, but instead, she was merely a surrogate. Like I said before; interaction between Aku and Him, should shed some light on the situation with Blossom. However, this will most likely end with another flashback. I guess I'm okay with this, as long as we get some god damn elaboration.

Also a very disturbing thought just accrued. Him is probably at the hot springs by now. Is Aku going to join Him, while in female form? o.O
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 12:31 am

You can't for get the possibility of Blossom being unable to be there for Chi, and Aku trying to compensate.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kyrogue2 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:40 am

I am still wrapping my thoughts is Aku the mother or father of Chi

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 1:26 am

Father, but since he's a single parent he's also trying to fill the mother role.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:You can't for get the possibility of Blossom being unable to be there for Chi, and Aku trying to compensate.

That's true, I forgot about that. I'm kinda hoping Aku actually loved Blossom, and this whole thing isn't just a repeat of whatever happened between Him and Blossom. Because I don't think that was fully consensual.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Father, but since he's a single parent he's also trying to fill the mother role.

I'm starting to wonder if Aku could be counted as genderless.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 27, 2013 1:51 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Father, but since he's a single parent he's also trying to fill the mother role.

I'm starting to wonder if Aku could be counted as genderless.

I'm goingto agree with you
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Gundam » Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 am

im confused

so were going fictionaly that Aku was always a woman? (just a really naturally ugly woman)
One weird Snafu

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)