New Grim Tales Comic: "In unholy matrimony"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 am

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby IcyBoomer » Sun May 26, 2013 10:41 am

FIRST! But I bet Mimi's gonna say something in the next part like, 'I love you Mimi, I hope you return' just cn't see her mad at the girl :grin:
Darkness is Light

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 am

The jealosy metre is over 9000!
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun May 26, 2013 11:57 am

That comb, can't tell if that's some evil essence caked on to it or blood but,
I think it had a previous owner.

That is all for now.
(i like what they did with that last panel, Mimi winds up simply replying "dick")
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun May 26, 2013 12:06 pm

I like the fact that Aku acts as both the father and mother for Chi
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sun May 26, 2013 12:19 pm

So how is Chi really born? I'm confused.

Postby Sigment » Sun May 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Ill-tempered, stubborn, and quick to make assumptions and act on them. :roll: She reminds me of my sister...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Nina333 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:So how is Chi really born? I'm confused.
There is an idea floating around that Chi was reproduced asexually by Aku. Otherwise, no one knows for sure since the comic hasn't explained how she was born yet.

Postby DarkKing » Sun May 26, 2013 2:25 pm

I feel bad that Demongo has to spend all his time looking after that spoiled brat :(. I hope he get's his powers back somehow.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Nina333 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Aku doesn't want Chi to go rushing into be married since she's still a kid. Aku seemed to be saying other rulers might object to Chi marrying Mimi. I wonder if the reason for this statement is that Chi has other suitors that Aku thinks are good candidates or if it's just because of Him. Demongo looks like he doesn't want to be caught up in all of Chi's drama with Mimi.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun May 26, 2013 3:33 pm

It's funny how Ikra walks away to HIM. It looks like she's going to undress herself, and remember HIM is in the hot tub xD. Just kidding. And I think that Chi is a manifestation of Aku and that there may be some DNA from Blossom in it, but nothing else further related to Blossom.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Keiken » Sun May 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:It's funny how Ikra walks away to HIM. It looks like she's going to undress herself, and remember HIM is in the hot tub xD. Just kidding. And I think that Chi is a manifestation of Aku and that there may be some DNA from Blossom in it, but nothing else further related to Blossom.

...great.. more incest.. woho o.O

Postby Krest » Sun May 26, 2013 6:37 pm

OR her hair is that color because of her father, a character no one has suggested yet, DRAX - Evil Dexter.

Just because Blossom did HIM, it doesn't mean she's everyone's parent.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Krest wrote:DRAX - Evil Dexter.

Who is a creation of Griddles, not Bleedman. He doesn't exist in the comic since AfterBirth isn't considered canon.

Krest wrote:Just because Blossom did HIM, it doesn't mean she's everyone's parent

It's already been indicated that there is some form of a relationship between Blossom and Chi, but we don't know what. But to also address your post in the last thread, the answer is no. Just because Aku has the ability to transform into a woman doesn't mean he would have the sexual capabilities of a female.

I still stand by the theory that I posted in the last thread. About Aku using asexual production and the infusing of Blossom's personality or soul fragements into the offspring. Thus Aku can be mother and father.

I think the comment here was a reference to Aku's current state and nothing more.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sun May 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Or maybe Chi just looks like Blossom like Mimi looked like Olga or hell girl so there's no blood line of the two but characters does look alike. Also Blossom isn't a whore like Mandy is so I really don't believe she is Chi's mother.

Postby Babbleburg » Sun May 26, 2013 8:05 pm

I concur with Darkkingdomhearts. I got a big kick out of that, and Demo trying to get it straight lol
[Also known as "Frappecino, the Starbucks Assassin".]
Intiative Roller

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 11:01 pm

Blood Lord in the last GT thread wrote:A though has occurred to me earlier and I wanted to share it. It deals with the possibility of Blossom being the mother. I believe it has been confirmed to us a few times from indirect sources, but I can't seem to figure out how and still have the pieces fit. If Blossom was in a relationship with Aku and produced Chi, how did she end up in a situation where she had to make a deal with Him? A current idea that I am utterly fascinated with is that Blossom did it to save Aku's life and also had to leave her life in the Underworld. So she went back to the world she once knew.

Interesting, and still one that I like. you could pull it off and still have a good relationship between Aku and Him. Although I am suspicious about just how that still works or if Aku just acts civilly so his daughter would have a normal relationship with her half-sister. That part still bugs me.

So I kept thinking about how Nergal Jr and Mandy made it work to have Minnie. Then that led me to consider Aku's origin.

I do wonder though what his genetic make up is when you consider how he was created. According to the Samurai Jack series, he was a fraction of a great formless evil that the three deities (Odin, Ra, and Vishnu) destroyed. His fragment landed on Earth, and in an attempt to destroy him, the the Samurai Lord shot a magic arrow into the cursed lake that his fragment was in. This kind backfired and the mixture gave the substance humanoid form, sentience, and the ability to shape shift, thus giving creation to the demon wizard, Aku.

This possibly gives more of a understanding to an asexual reproduction for the creation of Chi. I doth wonder along this track then if Blossom (either before or after) was used as a sort of "mental/spiritual" template in order for Chi to be created. Aku used copied information from Blossom, merged it with a fragment of himself to give it life, and created Chi.

Another idea is that a little darker, and one that I support is that Chi is Blossom. After her demise at the hands of Him and Mimi, Aku used the soul or remains of the soul of Blossom, and forged them into a his daughter in a similar matter above. Blossom's soul could have been a gift to Aku from Him as a means of friendship. Thus they have a good relation, a relationship between Aku and Blossom could have existed with all of this going on, and would explain Chi's attraction to Mimi. Another not is that this could also explain BR's cryptic message of "Aku/Blossom girl".

Both ideas seem to cover the evidence we have thus far.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Wait chi said mother????? wtf is going on i thought he was the dad, or is he both. Also everything see texted lol.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 11:59 pm

I think my favorite part of what you said is that the possible answer is literally a few posts above you.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 am

I will loved to be chi's suitor.

Postby Biocolor » Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 am

That's creepy drago. Just creepy.

Postby Xi-1 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 am

I think Aku is mostly fine with Chi wanting to be with Mimi, because if Aku can shift form into Ikra, there's no reason Chi can't shift form into a male. Honestly, it doesn't seem like Aku has much of his sense of identity tied to gender -- and it's not like he was a human sorcerer to begin with anyway. Why would human conventions bother him? That's probably why he brought of Chi's reputation with the other rulers. All the same, I still find his shift to Ikra while dealing with Chi's mode of dress interesting. We know he pampers her like crazy, but maybe at some level he also respects her and her needs. Which is weird, for the parent of a young child, in my experience.

The last two text bubbles for what Chi types are all true:
1. Captured by a witch;
2. De-powered (de-HER'ed, to be precise);
3. With a boy;
4. Tried to sink her teeth into him (literally).
So is the last bit a bit of unintended prognostication on Chi's part? And remember: Mimi is a telepath/empath with predictive powers herself.
A Page Flipper

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 am

It's kind of funny how Chi sent the four texts to Mimi. Three things on those text messages already happen to Mimi. First one being eaten by Cerberus and escaping. Second was Mandy stripping her of her powers. Last was with Junior and mostly she is the one hurting him.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon May 27, 2013 9:34 am

Does Mimi still have her phone, because I would really like it if she received the messages and broke up with Chi. Mainly because i support a Mimi x Jr couple. Chi breaks up with Mimi through text message, Mimi starts liking Jr., and when Chi shows up Jr kicks her ass (Hopefully...he might get his but kicked)
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby ari-6 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:20 pm

I support any theory about Chi's existence that doesn't result in incest. One incestuous pairing is enough. Also while were on the subject of Chi's creation I would like to ask if she has a physical body or if she's just a big corporeal mass of shadowy evil stuff like Aku? It's just that the first picture of her I saw showed her body as a mass of shadowy tendrils bellow the waist but now she definitely has legs. Is this just a redesign?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!