New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Cerulean » Sat May 25, 2013 1:54 am

Havoc751 wrote:I've been bringing this up on the forums for awhile now. Why is Samantha here in the first place? The only thing I can come up with is she has something to gain by working with Dr.X. But what? There has to be some kind of underline reason for her doing all of this.

So yes, I to would like to know if her motives will be made clear, before she bites the dust.

I have a theory about why she's obsessed with achieving perfection, through robotics. This could be a sign of a troubled past. Like maybe she's trying to run from something, by making herself perfect. Know what I'm saying?

I tend to think that Sam was involved in a situation similar to Atomic Betty's (especially since both were the leader of a group of three). I've narrowed some of my theories down to two:

1.) After her friends were destroyed, she bargained with the HIVE and agreed to work with them. I read on the wiki for Medabots (because it has been far too long since I last saw Medabots) that Sam is often thought of as an opportunist, so in order to survive maybe she just decided to switch sides (Something the wiki said she would do throughout the series if events weren't in her favor). What I do remember from Medabots is that she was a tomboy who cared a lot about her friends. Maybe she felt guilty for her choice later and decided to have herself "fixed" so that she doesn't feel bad.

2.) Something Sam did contributed to her friends being destroyed (I read that Sam would sometimes run away if someone else was stronger than her, so maybe she ran faster than they did?). Vexus (taking advantage of her grief/guilt) convinces her that it was her emotions that got her friends killed. Vexus then offers to fix her problems if she joins the HIVE.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Biostar » Sat May 25, 2013 2:15 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Damn it Biostar, I now crave fro delicious shrimp.

You mean you weren't already?

Was Jack's sword able to cleanse evil? I vaguely remember him stabbing someone and watching the shadows speed away leaving the victim unharmed. Or am I just crazy?

I don't remember that, I'll have to look. The only similar thing I can think of were those blind archers but it was there own arrows that "cleansed" them.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Someplace with shrimp
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat May 25, 2013 2:57 am

You're right, must satisfy hunger.

My memory of Samurai Jack is really hazy, I'm probably wrong about the sword being able to cleanse evil, but I do remember the blind archers episode.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby rac7d » Sat May 25, 2013 8:43 am

Does bleedman know, ? I didn't know he co wrote.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 1:16 am

Uhh, yeah man. BR is the editor and writer of PpGD (and now SB). I don't know the exact breakdown or level of the work load though. I do know that Bleed sometimes gives his editors the finger and does something stupid everyone told him not to do.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun May 26, 2013 3:13 am

Stupid or not, it's entertaining xD or    pedo-licious :D   
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Birdofterror » Sun May 26, 2013 4:03 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Stupid or not, it's entertaining xD or    pedo-licious :D   
I wonder if anyone really disagreed with any major things Bleedman brought to the table involving the latter.

Other than the giant clusterfuck that was the Mimi Facebook page of course.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Biostar » Sun May 26, 2013 3:16 pm

The majority of people I met who knows of Bleedman but is not a fan believes him to be a full-fledged pedophile. Though they were probably just knee-jerk reaction kind of people.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Someplace with shrimp
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Havoc » Mon May 27, 2013 2:39 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:I tend to think that Sam was involved in a situation similar to Atomic Betty's (especially since both were the leader of a group of three). I've narrowed some of my theories down to two:

1.) After her friends were destroyed, she bargained with the HIVE and agreed to work with them. I read on the wiki for Medabots (because it has been far too long since I last saw Medabots) that Sam is often thought of as an opportunist, so in order to survive maybe she just decided to switch sides (Something the wiki said she would do throughout the series if events weren't in her favor). What I do remember from Medabots is that she was a tomboy who cared a lot about her friends. Maybe she felt guilty for her choice later and decided to have herself "fixed" so that she doesn't feel bad.

2.) Something Sam did contributed to her friends being destroyed (I read that Sam would sometimes run away if someone else was stronger than her, so maybe she ran faster than they did?). Vexus (taking advantage of her grief/guilt) convinces her that it was her emotions that got her friends killed. Vexus then offers to fix her problems if she joins the HIVE.

Those are good theories, I especially like the second one. I came up with something similar awhile back:

The first theory was she simply killed her two friends, and joined the Dark Star in order to gain power.

But my other idea was that Samantha and her friends were involved in some sort of accident, or something that killed them, and left her barley alive. So the Dark Star found her, and rebuilt her with robotic parts.

Then Dr.X promised Samantha that if she joined them, he'd bring her friends back to life.
If this is true, then this would make Samantha a redeemable character.

Also if she was somehow the cause of the accident that took her beloved friends away, than this could the reason she's obsessed with becoming a robot. Either to hide from the pain of losing her friend, or to try to make her "prefect", so nothing like that would ever happen again.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Cerulean » Tue May 28, 2013 1:47 am

I like the idea of Dr. X promising her something. I sort of think that the conversation would probably go along the lines of "if you become perfect, then I will grant your wish". Of course, the catch 22 of her becoming perfect would probably eliminate her desires (as it did her so called other weaknesses). Though that's only true if the definition of perfect involves her becoming 100% machine. This way, however, Dr. X doesn't have to honor his commitment and also gets a loyal follower in the process. It'd be win-win for him.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Sorry, I was away making my third move to another place...

Anyways, yeah I DO remember Havoc751 mentioning something like that a while back which I agreed to cause I see that happening as well. Plus, I do agree to bluebluetopaz's analysis of the situation that might be involve sooner or later.

About Bleedman being "a full-fledged pedophile," isn't that going both ways? I mean whether you know him or not or even his artwork, but who is to judge him in the way he does things like that? I'd say move on from that and respect what he does because talking about pedophile and panty-shots most of the time is just stupid... Who CARES?!?! As the Rock would say: It Doesn't Matter!
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Next thing we need to know if she's powered by a rock of kryptonite or something like that. Like Metallo.
Image

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue May 28, 2013 11:58 pm

I kinda made that assumption, Mad Doc. Only it was an Antidote X rock.
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Havoc » Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:I like the idea of Dr. X promising her something. I sort of think that the conversation would probably go along the lines of "if you become perfect, then I will grant your wish". Of course, the catch 22 of her becoming perfect would probably eliminate her desires (as it did her so called other weaknesses). Though that's only true if the definition of perfect involves her becoming 100% machine. This way, however, Dr. X doesn't have to honor his commitment and also gets a loyal follower in the process. It'd be win-win for him.

I definitely wouldn't put it past Dr.X to do something like this. As a matter of fact; awhile back I came up with the theory that Dr.X might have added some "features" that Samantha might not be aware of. Like a satellite relay device connected to her bionic eye(s) and ears. So he might be watching this battle in real-time. Or even something like a manual over-ride, so he can take control of her at anytime.

But you bring up a good point about X modifying Samantha's brain, in order to eliminate her human desires. But it makes me wonder, if this is true, how far gone is she? Modifications to her brain could very well explain why she is so evil.

My big question is; once she dies, how will we all react?

Will we all party, sing ding-dong the bitch is dead, and rejoice at the fact she got what was coming to her, or right before her death, we all learn that she was sadly misunderstood, and fell sorry for her?

CTCFirebird wrote:I kinda made that assumption, Mad Doc. Only it was an Antidote X rock.

You mean like Dr.X filled her full of Antidote X without her knowing, and once Buttercup breaks her open, she gets covered, right?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Cerulean » Wed May 29, 2013 6:38 am

I remember when you brought that up. It is true that that is possible. In fact (and I admit that I am probably reaching with this) for all we know, Dr. X could have been watching it all play out on his laptop (I am referring to the one he is seen with in page "Two Tense").

If he did modify her brain, then anything could be on the table (from mild personality adjustment to extreme). I like to think, however, that he hasn't modified it too much. Who knows, if Sam was far gone enough already, then maybe he just needed to present her with a purpose and/or direction (look at what happened with Mandark). Though it is sort of hard to ignore that it would seem that she doesn't even associate herself with humans anymore (implied in page "Experiencing Technical Difficulties").

If she dies (I'll elaborate a bit later so stay with me) then I'd probably feel conflicted. Only taking into account the information we've been presented , it would be pretty easy to say that she had it coming (especially since she is up against the good guys/girls). However, since I am somewhat aware of who she was in Medabots, the whole thing just makes me want to sympathize on some level. I mean, what happened for her to believe that being sentimental will destroy you? It had to have been something somewhat traumatizing.

Now, that is if she dies. She probably will die, however (as I mentioned a while back) I do wonder at times if she really will die. I wonder if that light from the bomb can mask energy signals. We know something happened to her (her energy signal did disappear after all) but we don't see the second reading until after the bomb goes off. Dexter's demeanor in the next page suggests something happened to Blossom, so could she have disappeared too?

Though I suppose that it is possible that she was simply too weak to escape the blast and he realized that there was no way she would be able to escape in time. Therefore he removed his glasses so that he didn't have to watch her in her final moments.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm

@ Havoc751- Yeah pretty much. I think her blood might be Antidote X with the heart of an Antidote X rock buried within her chest. I think that it would gas out once being opened, but I don't want to get ahead of myself with all this cause we need to focus on timing between the whole thing with the bombing.

@bluebluetopaz- Well, I thought that Samantha would die as the page was shown to us again with Dexter's specs, but then I thought that, and I said this before, that maybe Samantha has been shut down and will need to be reprogrammed later on. I think that with Blossom, since they (Blossom & Buttercup) were too late to stop the bombing, that she got worried of Dexter and flew with speed to go to him.

Heh, anyone noticed that the panel where Dexter and Olga kiss was like similar to Watchmen or something like that?
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Havoc » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 am

CTCFirebird wrote:Yeah pretty much. I think her blood might be Antidote X with the heart of an Antidote X rock buried within her chest. I think that it would gas out once being opened, but I don't want to get ahead of myself with all this cause we need to focus on timing between the whole thing with the bombing.

It would be a cleaver tactic, if weren't for the fact that Bell could get caught up in it too.
What if-lets say, Bell went to help Samantha, right before Buttercup busted her open like a piñata?
Rather it came out as a gas or liquid, there's a high likelihood Bell could get inflicted by it if she was close enough.

Also there's no grantee you'd get both Blossom and Buttercup at the same time.

I guess if Bell knew Samantha was a living biological weapon, then she'd know to avoid her.
But it still seems awfully risky on Dr.X's part.

bluebluetopaz wrote:I do wonder at times if she really will die. I wonder if that light from the bomb can mask energy signals. We know something happened to her (her energy signal did disappear after all) but we don't see the second reading until after the bomb goes off. Dexter's demeanor in the next page suggests something happened to Blossom, so could she have disappeared too?


Well BeeAre has said on more than one occasion that Samantha will died. But he's hardly said anything about how she dies.

BeeAre wrote:We all know the answer: "Samantha dies." ...But how was this question phrased?

I have a pretty good idea, and thank God for that.

I'm not going to keep it very subtle. People will see it pretty quickly. But it evokes a good theme for the continuation past the bomb detonation. One of those ultra-important conceptual movements.

As far as how Samantha dies, that's all we have to go on. Unless I'm overlooking something.
I'm having a hell of a time drawing any conclusions from this alone. Mainly because there's no clear indication as to what happens after the bomb goes off. I'm still holding on the the theory that Buttercup is the one who kills Sam.

bluebluetopaz wrote:If she dies (I'll elaborate a bit later so stay with me) then I'd probably feel conflicted. Only taking into account the information we've been presented , it would be pretty easy to say that she had it coming (especially since she is up against the good guys/girls). However, since I am somewhat aware of who she was in Medabots, the whole thing just makes me want to sympathize on some level.

Rather she dies a redeemable character, in a tear jerking moment, or she's an evil psycho bitch to the bitter end, I look forward to it either way. But I still feel like there needs to be at least some explanation as to why she's here.

Maybe BR could help shine some light on this matter. Speaking of which, where is our lovable administrator?
I haven't seen him in awhile now.

bluebluetopaz wrote:I mean, what happened for her to believe that being sentimental will destroy you? It had to have been something somewhat traumatizing.

Maybe she made an terrible mistake based on emotion, and it ended up costing her dearly. I think whatever it was, it had to have been very traumatizing, in order for her to go to such extreme lengths to run from it.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Cerulean » Thu May 30, 2013 1:55 am

Havoc751 wrote:As far as how Samantha dies, that's all we have to go on. Unless I'm overlooking something.
I'm having a hell of a time drawing any conclusions from this alone. Mainly because there's no clear indication as to what happens after the bomb goes off. I'm still holding on the the theory that Buttercup is the one who kills Sam.


Totally missed that quote. At the moment, I'm not seeing anything (as to how she dies) either. If it is a pretty quick death, then maybe she does get incinerated by one of these energy blasts. Then again it is pretty hard to get a grasp on how much time has passed. Therefore, it is very possible that Buttercup will do something that contributes to Sam's death.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Havoc » Fri May 31, 2013 2:10 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:Totally missed that quote. At the moment, I'm not seeing anything (as to how she dies) either. If it is a pretty quick death, then maybe she does get incinerated by one of these energy blasts. Then again it is pretty hard to get a grasp on how much time has passed. Therefore, it is very possible that Buttercup will do something that contributes to Sam's death.

How she dies remains a mystery for now. I'd say it's somewhat likely that one of the stray energy blasts will destroy Samantha. But I think it's more likely that Buttercup will destroy Sam herself(also that's kinda how I'm hoping it'll play out).

I remember BR also said the events are all dealt with by the emotional contexts of each character. We've already seen this with Blossom. Based on this info, I'm expecting Buttercup (in a blind rage), to reclaim Jack's sword and go completely ape-shit on Samantha with it (something similar to this).

I'm also expecting Buttercup to completely fuck something up. I feel like the fact she disregarded Jack's lecture, and ignored Ms.Honeydew's warning not to take things too personally, might be some sort of 'foreshadowing'.
Either her unruly actions will be the cause of the bomb going off, or she'll end up killing Samantha, and greatly regretting it. Or she might even unintentionally bring about harm to Blossom somehow.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
bluebluetopaz wrote:Totally missed that quote. At the moment, I'm not seeing anything (as to how she dies) either. If it is a pretty quick death, then maybe she does get incinerated by one of these energy blasts. Then again it is pretty hard to get a grasp on how much time has passed. Therefore, it is very possible that Buttercup will do something that contributes to Sam's death.

How she dies remains a mystery for now. I'd say it's somewhat likely that one of the stray energy blasts will destroy Samantha. But I think it's more likely that Buttercup will destroy Sam herself(also that's kinda how I'm hoping it'll play out).

Or maybe shutting her down for the remainder of the battle.

Havoc751 wrote:I remember BR also said the events are all dealt with by the emotional contexts of each character. We've already seen this with Blossom. Based on this info, I'm expecting Buttercup (in a blind rage), to reclaim Jack's sword and go completely ape-shit on Samantha with it (something similar to this).

Same here, I remember that, too. Which one was Blossom's again? Heh, I could imagine Buttercup doing that in the air against Samantha. I thought it probably be Bubbles since she's not really doing anything.

Havoc751 wrote:I'm also expecting Buttercup to completely fuck something up. I feel like the fact she disregarded Jack's lecture, and ignored Ms.Honeydew's warning not to take things too personally, might be some sort of 'foreshadowing'.
Either her unruly actions will be the cause of the bomb going off, or she'll end up killing Samantha, and greatly regretting it. Or she might even unintentionally bring about harm to Blossom somehow.

Might make sense since she doesn't know or maybe she does know what's going on, but wants to focus her attention against Samantha. I think Buttercup might disobey Blossom's command. That's IF Blossom tells her to stop.
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Havoc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:38 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Or maybe shutting her down for the remainder of the battle.

You mean like disable her, leaving her deactivated until someone can fix her?
I don't think that's very likely. But then again, BeeAre only said she will die, he never said anything about her death being permanent. Like Gir and Jenny, even if she's obliterated, she is a robot so it's possible to make a back up file of her mind. Unless she not fully robotic. If her brain is organic, then I don't think a backup copy of her is possible.

CTCFirebird wrote:Same here, I remember that, too. Which one was Blossom's again?

I think Blossom's was her intellect. The ability to analyse the situation, and make quick, rational decisions based on the matter at hand. At least I think.

CTCFirebird wrote:Heh, I could imagine Buttercup doing that in the air against Samantha. I thought it probably be Bubbles since she's not really doing anything.

What do you mean by Bubbles? I think we've already be over this. She's with the scientists and civilians, trying to keep that cluster monster out of the panic room right about now. Unless you're talking about something else. If so, can you clarify?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, that is what I was pointing at.

Oh ok.

Probably we did. I can't remember if we did. I had to make a 3rd move and basically do all the work myself. If we did, then sorry for bringing Bubbles up, but I think mostly later on for Bubbles. It will be interesting to see all the PPGs go through something deeply fucked up later in the story.

Link should be closed now. New page up!
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests