New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm

STOP FUCKING QUOTING THE PERSON ABOVE YOU. WE KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING TO.

They aren't that heavy. It's not going to have such a massive effect on Buttercup or else we would have already seen it in the page. Samantha isn't anywhere near Buttercup's level. The only reason buttercup is damaged is from a lucky hit. Sam has been evading the entire time which is why she isn't destroyed yet. Have a little bit more faith in your PpG.

EDIT: Look, guys. You have got to stop raping the quote button. It's getting really obnoxious and a pain in the ass to read the threads. You do not need to quote the person above you. You can edit quotes if you are trying to address a specific issue the person is talking about, and you can have mulitple quotes in a post, just not bunched up like that.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu May 23, 2013 11:34 pm

okay sorry
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Uh... Sorry? Didn't think that mattered. Is there a forum rule to that, btw?

Trust me, Blood Lord. I am having faith. Its just that if I were Buttercup and was held at point blank range, I would have swung a kick in Samantha's face. Just saying... But like I said, it all depends on BeeAre and Bleedman.
I am the Winner

Postby Exodis » Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:EDIT: Look, guys. You have got to stop raping the quote button. It's getting really obnoxious and a pain in the ass to read the threads. You do not need to quote the person above you. You can edit quotes if you are trying to address a specific issue the person is talking about, and you can have mulitple quotes in a post, just not bunched up like that.

I actually agree, especially if the quote pyramid had a picture... oh god. Multiple quotes would just be a hassle to scroll down to just read the new post. So if the person you want to reply is just above you then just post without quote. If the person you want to reply is 2 posts or more above you, then it's okay to quote. But, for the love of God, don't form quote pyramids. That is all.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

On a completely random and unrelated note...Blood Lord love the new Avatar! Where have I seen that picture, cause I know I've seen it before. It's at the tip of my thought process but I just can't place the name? Urrrrrggggaaahhhh!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Is there a forum rule to that, btw?

There can be. There is trust that you guys can be responsible with these quotes, abuse it and that right will be taken away. We don't think you need a rule that dictates your quoting abilities, but some of you are starting to prove that idea wrong. We are not going to make a rule for every little problem. As moderators, our first line of enforcement is always the rules, but it isn't the last. After that it becomes a judgement call and if it is serious enough, the mods come together in a council and rule what to do. The goal of a moderator is to ensure stability, order, and flow. Do I need to edit the rules and add this in?

Besides, I'm not the first moderator that has cracked down on this.

CTCFirebird wrote:Trust me, Blood Lord. I am having faith. Its just that if I were Buttercup and was held at point blank range, I would have swung a kick in Samantha's face. Just saying... But like I said, it all depends on BeeAre and Bleedman.

Exactly how would she have been able to generate that kick? Her arms are held off to the side and her feet are tied together. In that case it isn't about the weight, but the flexibility. She would have to "twist" her body with such a force to bring her feet around and hit her in the side of the head, or swing forward and thrust with enough force with her legs and hope it connects.

There really isn't anytime to perform either of those maneuvers. The better option would have been to tugged with your arm/hand has hard as you could the moment she fired, and let the projectile hit the mechanical arm and chain. Let's say she does this with her left side. Such a jerking motion would cause Samantha to move the gun to the right to follow the motion, and then a over correction back to the left at which point the cannon would have fired and severed the arm.

MissTikilicious wrote: Where have I seen that picture, cause I know I've seen it before. It's at the tip of my thought process but I just can't place the name?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Illusive_Man
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 am

Has anyone thought of Sam having weapons specially made for the PpG? Bell being one herself, I'm sure there's been some research after they learned of the PpG moving to Megaville.

Edit: Also, couldn't Buttercup try jumping and kicking her with both of her feet?; they'd both fall, but she gets some damage in there.
Last edited by Tenshi Nova on Fri May 24, 2013 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 am

It would explain why Sam isn't a crumpled pop can by now.
Semper Vigilans

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 am

@ Blood Lord- True. That there isn't enough time. Since, you have put it that there isn't enough weight on those bolas, I thought that: Okay, well, since she's being hung by the other two chains, she can use those as leverage. Kinda like the Pull-ups exercise where you use your arms to pull up your whole body, but start to swing her body back and kick. More like a Flash Kick in the face, since her legs are tied together. That's pretty much what I though of when you said that since they're both in the air. I think Samantha might've gotten a surprise if that was to happen.

Or Buttercup could beam Samantha in the face like... Superman that blasted Black Adam in the face in DCUO's trailer.

I just gotta add: One lucky hit can't cause the blood around Buttercup's face. May be just the black eye.

@ Tenshi Nova- Yeah, I guess we've all thought of that when she started busting out those weapons. Plus, she's done her homework on them, especially Buttercup.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 am

Yes. that would be about the only kick I could think would happen. Might be able to pull it off, but I don't know if the force would be enough to free her.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 am

I think you guys are forgetting the fact Buttercup has eye lasers like Blossom.
Even with her arms and legs bound, she still could have reduced Samantha's face to molten steel.

As a matter of fact, I have to wonder if that could be her next move.

Also, I know the chains around Buttercup's wrists were severed, but what about the chains on the bola? I can't tell for sure.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Fri May 24, 2013 12:57 am

Yeah, upon further inspection, I found it pretty odd that Buttercup didn't tried to shoot laser beams from her eyes. The reason I didn't mention it is because I haven't watched the show in ages, so I wasn't sure if all the girls had that power.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 24, 2013 12:59 am

Agreed. I didn't consider that.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Cerulean » Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 am

Maybe Buttercup is still trying to follow Jack's teachings. Sure she lost control earlier, but that doesn't mean it is too late for her to try to end things somewhat peacefully (At the very least ending things by not destroying Sam). She's even trying (somewhat) to reason with Sam in this page.

With respect to the eye beams, maybe it would take too long for her to charge and fire? Unless Buttercup is able to knock her out (or restrain her), I don't see her having the time to use the eye beams.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 am

Buttercup looks totally emaciated. Looks like she's having a pretty tough time.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 am

If the eye beams do take to long to charge or if any attack in general would take too long to execute, she could always go with a good old fashion headbutt!
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri May 24, 2013 3:28 am

I made her shoot lasers in my story when she was bound like this.

>.>

I even had the villain say he forgot she could do that.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri May 24, 2013 7:01 am

Buttercup won't fall unless she wants to. It's a little hard to tell if she is standing on the door or hovering just over it (we can see the bottoms of her feet in the first two panels but given how her arms are positioned, it's hard to say if she is hovering or simply braced up against a corner). But either way, hovering is practically a PPG's default state, they can do it in thier sleep (in fact, I'm fairly sure there were some times in the cartoon where the did do it in their sleep).She might not even notice there was no floor for a while. The bola weight is irrelevant; Buttercup is so strong that at that size you'd need bolas made of neutron matter before the weight became an issue. Plus once the surpise has worn off, Buttercup can probably simply break the chains either by pushing her legs apart or lasering them off (she's taken enough martial arts I feel pretty sure tha bending over and shooting eye beams between her ankles is well within her skill set.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby silvercover » Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

well buttercup may not fall, but I doubt she'd stay up there. she'll likely go down as well to stop sam and also to help out blossom.

oh and guys, just make sure you dont put too much quotes inside quotes. multi/splitquoting is fine if you making a separate point for each stuff, but pyramid quoting(as what it seems to be called here) is annoying and quite distracting.
basically just learn to cut the other quotes inside and some additional sentences your not addressing.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 am

you're* :x

I think Buttercup easily breaking free is more likely, but the possibility I mentioned earlier concerning equipment specified for fighting PpG sound more fun to discuss. :)
Remember that Mandark kidnapped Blossom, restricted her movements and contained her. I'm sure Blossom tried to break free from them, and we all saw her try to break the glass. Some may argue that she was injured or panicking, but Buttercup visually looks more injured(at least imo) and I'm sure even when panicking Blossom tried to use her super strength.

On another note, I just noticed how Blossom's restraints just disappeared after Dexter broke the container, I'm assuming they just skipped the part when Dexter took them off.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 am

Samantha can't really fight anymore can she unless let's go of the sword
BeeAre: I keep searching the past threads for any information on her background to this story? Is Samantha here still the princess of the cluster or somthing? Which leads to the question what happened to vega? But what I want to know is ifsa that reasons a d intentions will become clear. Before she goes? What caused her obsession with perfection through robotic machinery? Why is her insect form a centipede rather then a beetle like a majority? Because of their viscoiusness?

Postby Havoc » Sat May 25, 2013 1:16 am

rac7d wrote:I keep searching the past threads for any information on her background to this story? Is Samantha here still the princess of the cluster or somthing? Which leads to the question what happened to vega? But what I want to know is ifsa that reasons a d intentions will become clear. Before she goes? What caused her obsession with perfection through robotic machinery?

I've been bringing this up on the forums for awhile now. Why is Samantha here in the first place? The only thing I can come up with is she has something to gain by working with Dr.X. But what? There has to be some kind of underline reason for her doing all of this.

So yes, I to would like to know if her motives will be made clear, before she bites the dust.

I have a theory about why she's obsessed with achieving perfection, through robotics. This could be a sign of a troubled past. Like maybe she's trying to run from something, by making herself perfect. Know what I'm saying?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 am

Power? She's seems the type.

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat May 25, 2013 1:33 am

there's a chance we may find out soon what Samantha has to do with all this but really who knows other then Bleedman and BeeAre
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat May 25, 2013 1:47 am

Damn it Biostar, I now crave fro delicious shrimp.

Was Jack's sword able to cleanse evil? I vaguely remember him stabbing someone and watching the shadows speed away leaving the victim unharmed. Or am I just crazy?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)