New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 am

Achievement Unlocked. Yay! I don't know why I'm laughing as much as I am at this page. Think they'll fall now or maybe Bell, Gir and Blossom might go up.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New PPGD 5/23/13 - Bola Nuts

Postby Cerulean » Thu May 23, 2013 3:49 am

Awesome page.

The angle that Buttercup is leaning makes me think she might fall, but it sort of looks like she may be hovering a little (though I do wonder if the bolas around her feet make it harder to fly?). It's hard to judge but the new hole (directly in front of Buttercup) seems to be too small for her to fall through (unless she went head/feet first). It's starting to look like Bell may accidentally destroy Sam.

Edit: Ok, so after looking again I can see the dents (from the energy beams) all over that door. So maybe she (or they) won't fall into that particular hole. Maybe the floor/door gives way (since there are a lot of holes in it).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Thu May 23, 2013 7:05 am

sam using those chains to hold buttercup reminds me of minnie using junior's body to disable mimi.

Postby Joker-Undead » Thu May 23, 2013 8:14 am

Bleedman sure can do insectoid limbs here. And Samantha really looks like a centipede as well.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:Awesome page.

The angle that Buttercup is leaning makes me think she might fall, but it sort of looks like she may be hovering a little (though I do wonder if the bolas around her feet make it harder to fly?). It's hard to judge but the new hole (directly in front of Buttercup) seems to be too small for her to fall through (unless she went head/feet first). It's starting to look like Bell may accidentally destroy Sam.

Edit: Ok, so after looking again I can see the dents (from the energy beams) all over that door. So maybe she (or they) won't fall into that particular hole. Maybe the floor/door gives way (since there are a lot of holes in it).

That's what I'm thinking, but don't be too quick to judge about the new hole. Those blast will make new holes making them fall to where Blossom and Bell are. I would cause Buttercup and Samantha to lose balance. I mean, look at their facial expression lol. About Bell destroying Samantha: It's possible! Bell is seriously pissed, but it could also be Blossom as well since she's deflecting the energy blast randomly like that and its going different places.

For Buttercup, those chains seem heavy for her to even make a move. I think she'll have a slight chance of breaking free and not having to fall face first, but hover down with ease next to Blossom. I think Samantha and Bell will have an argument once Buttercup and Samantha fall where Blossom and Bell are currently. I think Bell will sacrifice Samantha during the 2-on-2 battle.
I am the Winner

Postby Teran » Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm

What's the point of having the sword if she wanted to blast Buttercup?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Teran wrote:What's the point of having the sword if she wanted to blast Buttercup?
Because the sword looks Pimpin' that's why.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Teran » Thu May 23, 2013 1:31 pm

What is it with women and sharp objects?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 pm

CALLED IT.

Well, actually, everybody did. And I certainly wasn't the first one, but.

KNEW IT.

Sooo, the fights are going to fuse now? Is it almost over? Are we okay? huh? Mexico? what's happening? Is BR happy yet because grumpy BR scares me.

Regardless. Gawd I love this. Sam's just so...... entirely #@*/$!

Hahahaha, see what I did?..... Okay I'm really sorry.

ENOUGH OF YOUR SEXIST REMARKS OR I'LL CASTRATE YOU WITH A HANGER. ARHAORIEABWFAIWGRB WAOIRGUBAWIAF WR PERIOD RAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

jk

Maybe it's for the clean cut. Personally I think a blunt, sturdy lead pipe is funner to thwack with. 8D
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Joker-Undead » Thu May 23, 2013 2:08 pm

I have a question. Should we class Samantha as a centipede-type Cluster? I mean, we've seen worm-types, wasp-types, Montray was a bat-type, Kuwagus is a beetle-type and Nool is a grasshopper-type, now I see Samantha as more of a centipede-like cyborg then anything else. What do you think?
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:For Buttercup, those chains seem heavy for her to even make a move. I think she'll have a slight chance of breaking free and not having to fall face first, but hover down with ease next to Blossom. I think Samantha and Bell will have an argument once Buttercup and Samantha fall where Blossom and Bell are currently. I think Bell will sacrifice Samantha during the 2-on-2 battle.

I have seen episodes(can't remember which) where Buttercup carried multiple cars, one on top of the other. I pretty sure a few chains are not too heavy for her, however considering they are wrapped around her legs and wrists they are probably really constricting, unless I'm mistaken about where her center of gravity is.
GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:.

ENOUGH OF YOUR SEXIST REMARKS OR I'LL CASTRATE YOU WITH A HANGER. ARHAORIEABWFAIWGRB WAOIRGUBAWIAF WR PERIOD RAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

jk

Maybe it's for the clean cut. Personally I think a blunt, sturdy lead pipe is funner to thwack with. 8D

While I do see the advantages of having either a blade or blunt object for up-close and personal, who could possibly see the wrong in a head-shot with cannon.
....Oh god...now I feel like playing Halo and blowing up random peoples' asses..
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Strange. I usually aim for their heads.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu May 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Strange. I usually aim for their heads.

But the reactions when you sneak up on them from behind with a Needler right to the ass is hilarious! Give it a shot...no pun intended...
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 23, 2013 7:53 pm

I sometimes camp with the boltshot. Beam rifles are easy no-scope kills.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 pm

I talk about PpGD in my PpGD threads. There is a Halo 4 thread though if you guys want to discuss and compare notes. Or even in the Talk thread.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I talk about PpGD in my PpGD threads. There is a Halo 4 thread though if you guys want to discuss and compare notes. Or even in the Talk thread.

So sorry about getting off topic. Just a easily distracted person.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 8:27 pm

It's not a problem. We have threads for things like that if you want to discuss them, and are encouraged to do so. Things are just done in order.
Semper Vigilans

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:For Buttercup, those chains seem heavy for her to even make a move. I think she'll have a slight chance of breaking free and not having to fall face first, but hover down with ease next to Blossom. I think Samantha and Bell will have an argument once Buttercup and Samantha fall where Blossom and Bell are currently. I think Bell will sacrifice Samantha during the 2-on-2 battle.

I have seen episodes(can't remember which) where Buttercup carried multiple cars, one on top of the other. I pretty sure a few chains are not too heavy for her, however considering they are wrapped around her legs and wrists they are probably really constricting, unless I'm mistaken about where her center of gravity is.

Well, I know what you're referring about, I'm not ruling that out. But with Samantha, those chained bolas look specially made. I mean, her weapons has to. From the cracks those energy blast has done, it seems like Buttercup and Samantha would both lose their Center of Gravity because it was unexpected.
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Thu May 23, 2013 10:38 pm

I think BR missed out on the perfect opportunity to have Samantha say "GET OVER HERE!".

Joker-Undead wrote:I mean, we've seen worm-types, wasp-types, Montray was a bat-type, Kuwagus is a beetle-type and Nool is a grasshopper-type, now I see Samantha as more of a centipede-like cyborg then anything else

I'm gonna go with humanoid centipede.

Teran wrote:What's the point of having the sword if she wanted to blast Buttercup?

I don't know. I really wish somebody would hurry up and use that sword already. The question of who it can and can not hurt is killing me.

But that is a really good question. Why hasn't Sam used it? I get the feeling that if she knew the sword was of no use to her, than she would have abandoned it by now.

Birdofterror wrote:Because the sword looks Pimpin' that's why.

I think the would look more pimpin', slicing though someones abdomen.

CTCFirebird wrote:That's what I'm thinking, but don't be too quick to judge about the new hole. Those blast will make new holes making them fall to where Blossom and Bell are. I would cause Buttercup and Samantha to lose balance. I mean, look at their facial expression . About Bell destroying Samantha: It's possible! Bell is seriously pissed, but it could also be Blossom as well since she's deflecting the energy blast randomly like that and its going different places.

For Buttercup, those chains seem heavy for her to even make a move. I think she'll have a slight chance of breaking free and not having to fall face first, but hover down with ease next to Blossom. I think Samantha and Bell will have an argument once Buttercup and Samantha fall where Blossom and Bell are currently. I think Bell will sacrifice Samantha during the 2-on-2 battle.

You know, we've never really seen much interaction between Bell an Samantha. I think an argument is totally possible, however I'm not sure rather or not if one either one would turn on the other. I mean, they aren't exactly super best friends, but I doubt there's any hatred there.

As for what I think will happen. Either the fight will turn into a two-on-two, a stray energy blast will takeout Sam, or Buttercup will dispatch of Samantha (using Jack's sword hopefully), and proceed to help Blossom.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu May 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I don't know. I really wish somebody would hurry up and use that sword already. The question of who it can and can not hurt is killing me.
At this point it's something of a "Schrodinger's Katana."
Havoc751 wrote:I think the would look more pimpin',
???

:fuckedup:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu May 23, 2013 10:50 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:
MissTikilicious wrote:

Well, I know what you're referring about, I'm not ruling that out. But with Samantha, those chained bolas look specially made. I mean, her weapons has to. From the cracks those energy blast has done, it seems like Buttercup and Samantha would both lose their Center of Gravity because it was unexpected.

I see how Sam's balance would be messed up due to the cracks but I'm pretty sure Buttercup wouldn't be affected, cause from what I saw from the last three panels, she was hovering.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 pm

that last panel looks like it would hurt
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:
MissTikilicious wrote:

I see how Sam's balance would be messed up due to the cracks but I'm pretty sure Buttercup wouldn't be affected, cause from what I saw from the last three panels, she was hovering.

Well, if Samantha loses her balance and fall, Buttercup will be taken down. Since the fact of the matter is that Samantha has Buttercup tied up and is currently touching a surface for her Center of Gravity. They will fall down, but Buttercup has a last minute chance in order still hover around. In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether Buttercup is hovering or not. That chained bola was unexpected in the eyes of Buttercup. If the panel after that showed that she's trying to break free, she would've done so and not be shocked. Therefore, hinting that in the next page, she would have broken free like the cover page of Superman Kryptonite Nevermore, but she didn't. Yes, the chains got destroyed, but the bola on Buttercup's feet will carry the weight, having her plummet downwards due the rule of physics. Because she DOES seem to be struggling to break free and was held defenseless. With such an intense battle between Buttercup and Samantha, I could imagine that they lost a good chunk of their strength while fight amongst each other. I mean, look at them! Buttercup's battered up and Samantha has her flesh tearing off like paper revealing a monstrous look. How much ounce of strength could they possibly have up there? It is also possible that if Buttercup has enough strength to keep hovering, there's a good chance that Samantha will quickly grab on to the bolas that's tied to Buttercup's legs. Depending on how Buttercup falls/lands, that will be up the BeeAre and Bleedman in the next page or two.
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Winner

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 pm

but in the last panel the chains were vaporized in the middle
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You don't need a massive quote pyramid in your text. We know who you are talking to.
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Yes, but not the bolas. Unless another energy blast vaporize them. Don't forget, the bolas are also chained-type bolas.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Same goes for you.
I am the Winner

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)